Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FLASH MOB BLOW-OUT HOSTS --- CLOSED

ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, good night ........ Such an appropriate song and one of my favorites.

First, I want to thank all the wonderful people who have hosted flashmob over the past few years. I'd also like to thank all of the lovely participants. I can't express my gratitude for all you have done to make Flash Mob a success.

In the excitement leading up to and the release of Sims 4, participation in the Flash Mob has dwindled. Although I have not moved on to TS4, many have and are happily discovering a new iteration of the Sims. To those simmers, I hope all is well and, maybe, one day will join you (after several releases and updates). :-D Others have returned to school/college/university.

Change is the one constant in life -- sometimes for the better -- sometimes not. The saving grace is that we still have a community in which to chat and share. We also have new simmers who are just discovering a game we all love so well.

That being said, it saddens me to say that I believe our beloved Flash Mob needs a rest. With a sad heart (because I will miss the fun and anticipation), I am putting Flash Mob to bed after December.

Some may say, "It's only September. What about October?" My response would be that I have something special planned for the next 3 Flash Mobs. Let's give Flash Mob a party that most will remember fondly.

The party will begin September 18th (the day Flash Mob normally opens for the new honoree) and run until December 18th (I get to bend the rules). The party is open to all who would like to participate.

Here's the lure ....... As most of you know I work during the day so I'm not always on-line, however, I want this to be one blow out of a party. It will last for 3 months. As with any party, there will be food, games, prizes, contests and tons of fun.

Here's the hook, .... I am hosting this party. I cannot do it alone because I can't cover all time zones.

Here's the line .... I need help! I am asking for help from anyone that was a prior host or honoree. If you feel as though you have the time and want in, please contact me. If you can only do one month, I can accomodate that. If you can do one week, I can accomodate that as well.

Here's the sinker .... Potential hosts must type up a short "About Me". In that short bio, I want you to share a few things listed below.

If you're interested, please complete the following entry. There is no limit to how many hosts I'll take. I would like to make this one big community effort.

Do I have any takers?

HOST ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME:
FAVORITE COLOR:
DATE JOINED THE FORUM:
DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM:
HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?:
WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?:
HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?:
WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?:

IF YOU HAVE VOLUNTEERED TO HOST, PLEASE RESERVE A PAGE HERE: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784185/flash-mob-farewell-please-do-not-post#latest

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
Post edited by ErnesaT on

Comments

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited September 2014
    @ErnesaT: I always participate in the flash mob and think it's alot of fun and after being mobbed recently I thought I'd try being a host, if your alright with me I'm available whenever :)

USER NAME: cmbaker16
    FAVORITE COLOR: blue
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: Nov. 9th, 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: hmm...that's a tough one...awhile ago
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: Never
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: Sept. 2014
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: In flash mob :) maybe even a contest or two before than :)
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: Smile effect cause it always made me smile to gift someone something which made them smile :)
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    USER NAME: Katty0
    FAVORITE COLOR: Purple or royal blue
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: um sometime nov. 2009 I think
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: I had to go look LOL, I was host for August 2012
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: Nope
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ;D
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: It was a way to bring the community together. It has been a great way to honor people who are always here to help

I would like to help :) Hopefully I will have a new job net week so I won't know my schedule until then but I should be able to help in the evenings no matter my new schedule!
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited September 2014
    USER NAME: corettabarajas
    FAVORITE COLOR: green
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: July 20th, 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: hmmm sometime in 2010
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: Yes, Jan/2013
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Umm... Somewhere in GG :)
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: I think it was an awesome way to say thank to people who contribute so much to the forums!

Now that my kids are back into their school routine I find myself with some quiet time and would love to help out :)
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    I have a lot more time to manage now, so what the heck!

USER NAME: thesims3boy
    FAVORITE COLOR: Green
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: July 11, 2011
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: August 8, 2009. Hey cool! I joined on the eighth of a month. B)
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: September 2013, April 2014, September 2014
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: No
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: In a lottery. Met on bad terms, but turned good!
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: Celebration.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Aaaww Nesa if I cried in situations like this I'd be crying!!

I have joined every Flash Mob for ages and I will miss them dearly. They've played a really special part in my online life. But, even I admit, (and you know how into your Flash Mob I am o_O ) that you're right. It's been so quiet on recent Flash Mob Threads, and the numbers of people who have joined have just dropped and dropped, pretty much since the transition to the new forums took place actually o_O and before that, as you say, with the build up to the Sims 4, the Flash Mob has been losing numbers. Goodness, I remember finding some old threads with like 50 people joining and I've wondered where they've gone! So many people who aren't too active anymore

Basically what I'm TRYING to say (and as usual I'm rambling on aimlessly for paragraphs XD ) is that I do support your decision, but will really miss the Flash Mob nonetheless. The Flash Mob particularly, as well as this whole forum, has given me a lot of confidence that has genuinely passed on to real life, as well. Thanks so much for your never-ending commitment to this, Nesa, and for making it so great month after month! ^_^

It pains me to say I cannot volunteer to host for anything right now. You may have seen my forum activity has dropped a little recently because I am one of those who's returned to school and I'm working very hard for it, taking on two subjects to make up for one I dropped, having not done so well in it last year. I really want to get to Uni, and I have to keep on at it, and that means less time on Sims, on the forums, and on Twitter :( Perhaps I can try and help out in some way in December, or over a half term? I will find out the dates for when I'm on holiday and will hopefully have more time, and let you know.

Aaaanyway I really need to post this and it's far too long and you are gonna be thinking by now "when the heck is this guy gonna stop talking" XD I WILL be here for the party Nesa! I need to get my sister and show her this post too, so she knows. I will really miss this amazing community celebration which has been such a great part of Gift Gathering for the past (is it 4!?) years :'(:cry:

Oh.... and because I feel I have to do something SCANDALOUS to honour the end of Flash Mobs, I will be changing my avatar on the forums in honour of the person who has been keeping it afloat for so long ;D hehehehehehehehehe

Happy Weekend, Nesa, and everyone have a good day! ~YJ~
  • Options
    Oh, YJ, why do you have a Nesa avi? :o
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    Hey Nesa!

So first off, so sorry for being inactive the couple months. For some reason I just didn't visit the site anymore, and especially the upgrade to these new forums... I'm not up for changes like these.

As I just read that the Flash Mob is going to end, I felt the need to say something. And as sorry as i am to say this, i most likely won't be able to host. There's nothing that is interfering in real life, i just feel that i won't be able to handle it, mentally (it's been a bit hard for me lately).

After i first joined the Flash Mob back in January, i felt the need to join every following one, as the first reaction of the honouree (Alitoni, if i recall correctly) was just so overwhelming, it was amazing to see such shock and happiness. The Flash Mob is the best memory i have of this community, and i will never regret partaking.

Again, i'm very very sorry i won't be able to host or partake in this Flash Mob, but have fun, everyone! ^-^ Apart from the people i talk to on twitter, the community has been split apart from me as i left the site. This will be my final goodbye to everyone here. You have all been a great part of my simming experience, like a second family.

Good luck to everyone that is going to host and please have an amazing final Flash Mob!

Let's meet again, somewhere else.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Wish I had time, with my courses what they are I'm having trouble keeping up on my comp :(

I will pop in whenever I can though
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    I would help, as I have participated before, but have never been a host, nor an honoree... However, I will be watching & willing to help out where I can. Since still have the broken shoulder, I have way too much time on my hands. Just a slow typer atm, but willing to fill in a needed.
  • Options
    Oh, YJ, why do you have a Nesa avi? :o
    YellowJane wrote: »

Oh.... and because I feel I have to do something SCANDALOUS to honour the end of Flash Mobs, I will be changing my avatar on the forums in honour of the person who has been keeping it afloat for so long ;D hehehehehehehehehe

;)

• Options
    Oh, duh. xD
  • Options
    I'm hoping Nesa will think it's funny, rather than looking at it and thinking "what in the world has he done now" XD
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    YJ it is confusing for me ... funny as a joke yes... but if you going to have Nesas face for 3 monthes I might go nuts... as I mainly face reconice... I'm the same with the generic avatars..

Nesa sad to hear this.... but I seen it comming to..... (don't think moveing forum helped) like the idea of going out with a bang... let me get use to the new forum (if I can) and then I might sign up.... also if you need a specifick perioded covered feel free to call on me.

so lets call it a maybe and if you need me entry form (then I be more sure about time later)

USER NAME: Anettesb
    FAVORITE COLOR: purple
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: oh boy,,, eh,,, when sims 3 got out in Denmark..... june 4 2009 (the mypage say)
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: what?!? same summer in the danish... and eh a few months later in english... really got to be much about a year later (I think).....

HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: yes... october.... 2012 (I think) it was with Ivanna... and Stinalina was honoree.... (boy you want me to remember stuf don't you?) ... ok checked.... october 2012 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/589906.page (that took time to find)
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: nop... not me

HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Nesa... eh in the forum.. in a game... maybe for real in the newbie oldie game... but defently in a good way... a person with a good heart and guts... I like... you fromt he first time been a person I feel safe to trust

WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: party fun doing things for others not exspecting things back (why I backed of when it seems to be to much about the games and winning for takeing part) For me it was and is about being together as a comunity.... I would feel happpy doing it just for home made gifts and cards..... the sweet surprice was also important... like preparing for christmas eve every month.... (best part about christmas for me is to give gifts)

when would I be able to help... In theory any day danish time..... (evnings not as much but also...)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CSIMSIE wrote: »
    Hey Nesa!

So first off, so sorry for being inactive the couple months. For some reason I just didn't visit the site anymore, and especially the upgrade to these new forums... I'm not up for changes like these.

As I just read that the Flash Mob is going to end, I felt the need to say something. And as sorry as i am to say this, i most likely won't be able to host. There's nothing that is interfering in real life, i just feel that i won't be able to handle it, mentally (it's been a bit hard for me lately).

After i first joined the Flash Mob back in January, i felt the need to join every following one, as the first reaction of the honouree (Alitoni, if i recall correctly) was just so overwhelming, it was amazing to see such shock and happiness. The Flash Mob is the best memory i have of this community, and i will never regret partaking.

Again, i'm very very sorry i won't be able to host or partake in this Flash Mob, but have fun, everyone! ^-^ Apart from the people i talk to on twitter, the community has been split apart from me as i left the site. This will be my final goodbye to everyone here. You have all been a great part of my simming experience, like a second family.

Good luck to everyone that is going to host and please have an amazing final Flash Mob!

will miss you... but I also find this new forum hard.... is back now after the chock a month ago.... trying again....

best of luck to you

agree 100% with you about the flash mob
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    YJ it is confusing for me ... funny as a joke yes... but if you going to have Nesas face for 3 monthes I might go nuts... as I mainly face reconice... I'm the same with the generic avatars..

anette! :D how nice to see you! DW, I will only keep it until a little while after Nesa sees :mrgreen: She hasn't seen yet :lol: I would get too confused lol. I keep opening up the forums and thinking "why am I logged into Ernesa's account!?!?" LOL
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Awwwwwww, I saw flash mob coming to an end myself, if I am honest. I know I havent joined in the last months. Mainly because I kinda just couldnt be bothered creating in game, I created a few things just randomly but I was just playing. Feeling lazy, ya know? It saddens me though, that its come to an end because flash mob was something great to pull our community together just a bit more and celebrate and honor a very deserving person. I dont even remember my first flash mob, but I remember when I hosted and it was great fun. I was excited to host again but I had to wait however long. And by the time I was ready to host again I didnt have a clue as to who I could honor mainly because I was lazy on the forums and didnt take part in very much and didnt know all the new fabulous folk being fabulous. XD

But I would be happy to host whatever you have in store for us Nesa!

USER NAME: emilzydiva
    FAVORITE COLOR: purple
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: december 2011
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS?
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: Yaaassss, September 2013 I think
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: no
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: defos in a bad situation, you was so mean, I hated you. LOL jk, I believe it was on the landing pad thread. No idea, or some flash mob thread of some kind. I dunno
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: honoring a great friend of many of our community that has given so much to the forum community as a whole and thanking them and celebrating and having a great time celebrating

I can probably help for two weeks in october when it is october holiday for me and christmas holiday. I will get the dates for you when I can, probably later today
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    Hi Nesa :)

I would love to help! I am around pretty much all the time apart from the odd days where I have hospital or some kind of health related appointment. If I am not around for any reason I can let you know before hand :disappointed:

HOST ENTRY FORM:

USER NAME: loobylou1985
    FAVORITE COLOR: Purple
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: June 2011
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: About 1 year after I joined as I was not really aware of the forums and all the fun stuff that went on
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: Yes February 2014
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: no :)
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Gosh I am useless at pinpointing these things, I think it may of been through a contest midnight hollow
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: Flash mob is fun is about giving something to a valued member of the community and it is something that all can join in on, no matter what you own or whether or not you could afford simpoints, it was a way to make the participants feel good about giving something too
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

anette! :D how nice to see you! DW, I will only keep it until a little while after Nesa sees :mrgreen: She hasn't seen yet :lol: I would get too confused lol. I keep opening up the forums and thinking "why am I logged into Ernesa's account!?!?" LOL

thank you

:p
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @ErnesaT: I always participate in the flash mob and think it's alot of fun and after being mobbed recently I thought I'd try being a host, if your alright with me I'm available whenever :)

USER NAME: cmbaker16
    FAVORITE COLOR: blue
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: Nov. 9th, 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: hmm...that's a tough one...awhile ago
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: Never
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: Sept. 2014
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: In flash mob :) maybe even a contest or two before than :)
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: Smile effect cause it always made me smile to gift someone something which made them smile :)

Thank you so much for your support and assistance. I'm happy you were an honoree and this will also give you a chance to host.
    I have to finish the rules for this party and I'll e-mail them to you.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Katty0 wrote: »
    USER NAME: Katty0
    FAVORITE COLOR: Purple or royal blue
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: um sometime nov. 2009 I think
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: I had to go look LOL, I was host for August 2012
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ;D
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: It was a way to bring the community together. It has been a great way to honor people who are always here to help

I would like to help :) Hopefully I will have a new job net week so I won't know my schedule until then but I should be able to help in the evenings no matter my new schedule!

Good luck on the job, dear one. You are added as a co-host too.
    As for Vegas, yeah, that definitely needs to stay in Vegas. LOL

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    USER NAME: corettabarajas
    FAVORITE COLOR: green
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: July 20th, 2009
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: hmmm sometime in 2010
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: Yes, Jan/2013
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: Umm... Somewhere in GG :)
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: I think it was an awesome way to say thank to people who contribute so much to the forums!

Now that my kids are back into their school routine I find myself with some quiet time and would love to help out :)

Never an honoree, hmmm.... While Flash Mob as we know it is ending, I don't think we've seen the last of it's brand of happiness.

You are a co-host now. I will send the rules out soon.

Don't you just love back to school time? LOL

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    I have a lot more time to manage now, so what the heck!

USER NAME: thesims3boy
    FAVORITE COLOR: Green
    DATE JOINED THE FORUM: July 11, 2011
    DATE FIRST POSTED ON THE FORUM: August 8, 2009. Hey cool! I joined on the eighth of a month. B)
    HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY HOSTED FM? WHEN?: September 2013, April 2014, September 2014
    WERE YOU AN HONOREE? WHEN?: No
    HOW DID YOU MEET ME (GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT)?: In a lottery. Met on bad terms, but turned good!
    WHAT DID FLASH MOB MEAN TO YOU?: Celebration.

You're in.

"Bad terms, but turned good!" That's a great description. I haven't had one regret about that turn-about. :smile:

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Aaaww Nesa if I cried in situations like this I'd be crying!!

I have joined every Flash Mob for ages and I will miss them dearly. They've played a really special part in my online life. But, even I admit, (and you know how into your Flash Mob I am o_O ) that you're right. It's been so quiet on recent Flash Mob Threads, and the numbers of people who have joined have just dropped and dropped, pretty much since the transition to the new forums took place actually o_O and before that, as you say, with the build up to the Sims 4, the Flash Mob has been losing numbers. Goodness, I remember finding some old threads with like 50 people joining and I've wondered where they've gone! So many people who aren't too active anymore

Basically what I'm TRYING to say (and as usual I'm rambling on aimlessly for paragraphs XD ) is that I do support your decision, but will really miss the Flash Mob nonetheless. The Flash Mob particularly, as well as this whole forum, has given me a lot of confidence that has genuinely passed on to real life, as well. Thanks so much for your never-ending commitment to this, Nesa, and for making it so great month after month! ^_^

It pains me to say I cannot volunteer to host for anything right now. You may have seen my forum activity has dropped a little recently because I am one of those who's returned to school and I'm working very hard for it, taking on two subjects to make up for one I dropped, having not done so well in it last year. I really want to get to Uni, and I have to keep on at it, and that means less time on Sims, on the forums, and on Twitter :( Perhaps I can try and help out in some way in December, or over a half term? I will find out the dates for when I'm on holiday and will hopefully have more time, and let you know.

Aaaanyway I really need to post this and it's far too long and you are gonna be thinking by now "when the heck is this guy gonna stop talking" XD I WILL be here for the party Nesa! I need to get my sister and show her this post too, so she knows. I will really miss this amazing community celebration which has been such a great part of Gift Gathering for the past (is it 4!?) years :'(:cry:

I do not know where to begin with you. You've been a great sounding board and even better associate. I truly appreciate all you've done to help me stay on track with this.

You're in as a co-host.

yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    CSIMSIE wrote: »
    Hey Nesa!

I am going to miss you, CS. Please take care of yourself. You're one of the people I really looked forward to seeing on the site. This new site also has me going in circles.

I wish you the very best in life. ((HUGS))
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Wish I had time, with my courses what they are I'm having trouble keeping up on my comp :(

I will pop in whenever I can though

Mama D, I would love to see you hanging around at the party. I hope you'll enjoy it.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]