Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2014
    LeslieM25 wrote:
    I would love a set of really amazing hair and makeup! I'm talking hair of all different lengths and textures. I am one of the people who likes long hair on my sim girls and there really aren't many good options for long hair(past the shoulders). It would be awesome to have some natural curly long and short styles. The makeup could be some really cool different styles of makeup. We need some contouring on the eyes in the eyeshadow. The makeup could be really creative and artsy looking though too. I don't know how to post pics here but any of the ones on this page would be awesome: http://www.pinterest.com/longhairstyles/hairstyles-for-long-hair/

There are really cool makeup ideas here:
    http://www.pinterest.com/eyemakeupideas/eye-makeup-ideas/

Yes store team please. We need more makeups. I especially would like some new lip glosses that shine like the ccglosses. More Eyeshadows and lashes are needed as well.

Also I agree we need some natural curly long and short hair. Regarding lipglosses I'd like to see some names added to them like lushious strawberry,hot cherry etc.
  • Options
    CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if this would fit here but I would love to see real mannequins that you could truly place your clothing on and it stay in the store!! The ones from Into the Future go back into your sims family inventory when you edit town so they are useless for having on a community lot to have in a store window and such. This is VERY disappointing when you want to have a clothing shop. Also, heads to display wigs and hats would be awesome as well and while you're at it.... why not make some forms to display all that jewelry we are making in the Prism Art Studio. :D
  • Options
    NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited March 2014
    More music instruments would be nice. Upright piano for instance.
    Rugs, curtains, and indoor plants. (Maybe a decorator pack?)
    Board games for our sims to play.
    Living and bath room for the Haute Hacienda set.
    A shabby chic set

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    why not make some forms to display all that jewelry we are making in the Prism Art Studio. :D

I would very much like jewellery forms that look like a shop display. I'd be happy with deco since we have the pc from the Prism venue.

1248388.jpg

I'm thinking individual objects that could be stacked together:

* So a necklace form for the wall, like a picture.
    * A necklace on a single neck form, ideally with a few different stencils. Then we could place multiple ones on shelves or counters or the existing museum displays.
    * A flat, angled cushion with a few decals, one of rings and one of bracelets. Again we should be able to place them together to create a 'bunched' look for window displays.
    * A counter with a fake glass top would be fab.
    * Also chunky glass wall shelves. Plain and a full tile width, so we can place them next to each other to create a long shelf, or use MOO to place columns to make a fake cabinet or window display.

jewellery-shops-designs-idea2.jpg

Oh! Also, a large empty rococo style picture frame! So we could use MOO to 'frame' other things like mirrors or whatever! It would be AMAZING! to get 3 options, the same size as sim-made paintings, because it always bothered me that they only have that plain frame.

And then we could just make random displays like this:

IMGP4107.JPG

Or use them to frame other random wall décor or even windows!!! Empty picture frames were a really useful tool from my old visual merchandiser days. Now I've thought of it, I think they'd be super useful for shop displays or general pretty pretties!

prada_christmas2010_2

valentines-day-photo-shoot-photoshoot-idea-concept-love-romance-romantic-paper-flower-background-editorial-idea-set-design.jpg

countrylshelf.jpg

The empty frames would be so versatile!!!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2014
    They made the Pet Feeder which is premium content and the Pet holiday set.
    Yeah, I know, I already mentioned that later after being reminded of the pet feeder.

I haven't played w/ pets in my game ever since I had to give up my 2 cats because mean landlady wouldn't let us move in with them last year (we had them for SEVEN YEARS! :cry: ) So I forgot since they hardly have anything for pets, & doesn't seem like they would invest much time in that direction. But I know many pet lovers might like more stuff. There IS so little for them, in a way.

Definitely would like to see more jewelery & glass stuff.
    I LOVE playing with the Prism Studio, but variety is a bit lacking :oops: :(

• Options
    kari6041kari6041 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Would love to see a carnival set with actual rides, or a circus set, or another great set to see would be a career bundle set that came with business attire and an assortment of new careers....I'm getting pretty bored with the old ones. Id like to see normal careers that came with a lifetime wish of reaching the top of that career. Like lawyer, dancer, psychologist, psychiatrist, nurse, Flight attendant, mechanic, contractor. Real estate agent...etc.
  • Options
    Deeney69Deeney69 Posts: 20
    edited March 2014
    FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see more winter items. Especially clothes. Especially for toddlers, kids and teens. I know that there was a homecoming set. But the winter sets are limited or not what I want to put on my sims for winter. Especially pants that can fit under boots. Because most of the boots and pants don't fit well together. And some short skirts that can be worn with warm leggings and uggs. Or a long jacket or coat that can be worn with separate pants or a skirt if we want.

Also, Thank you for considering our opinions and ideas!
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited March 2014
    Bakery venue is one of the most requested by fans here. :)

• Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I dont know what this means "object set (mimics)" ? Is that anything that is not premium as in functioning?

Hey KarilynMonroe2, what I mean by "object set (mimics)" is set that isn't specifically clothing or Premium Content. So "Steampunk Bathroom", "more garden stuff" or "Old Town Living Room" might be examples. Make sense?

Oh so more themes and rooms for Build/Buy sets :)

My top Build/buy expanding:

Steampunk: Bathroom, Bedroom, Living/Dinning, Outdoor, Nursery, Build only items, Community Lot sets...

Palace of Versailles: Anything any room or just more items.

Through the Spy Glass: Kitchen, Living/Dinning, Outdoor/Garden, Nursery...

Magic: We mostly only have PC so any room or a bit of everything set.

Old Town/French Quarter: Anything! We only have a simple set ATM, unless we get a Old Town French Quarter world it be great to have more of this in any way.

Edwardian Dinning, Bathroom, Living room, Bed room, study...

Less desperate but still want:

Gothique: Kitchen, Dinning and Bathroom

Regal Living: least needed cause we have a lot but I would love any thing more.

Pirate: Even with Barnacle Bay, Buccaneer's Bounty and Island Paradise I found it really hard doing a full Pirate theme so more items would be great. I can make a ship, make a pirate but a fully decor'd ship, pub or house not easy to do without using more of another theme Drifter's desire (which some items are colored too bright) and steampunk which steampunk still has missing rooms.

All of this ...and a side of Wonderland too! :)
  • Options
    carlenefetishacarlenefetisha Posts: 5
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see a
    1.a clothing store where sims can go on shopping sprees
    2. backery set where you can make cakes, cupcakes and cookies and such which includes a mixer
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited March 2014
    ♪A city world♪ and ♪Asian world♪ you can tell I really want a City and Asian world right?♪♪ I can see it with a pretty lake with a beautiful theme
  • Options
    iloveunicornsiloveunicorns Posts: 181 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I would love a Zen type garden, where our Sims can yoga (via a pc yoga mat) , a pc tea set, new music types, a little koi fish pond, etc.Just some ideas I was thinking about today :)

A bakery with new recipes, and lots of decor...menus, displays, bakery racks, etc

Let's see, a sewing machine with an option to unlock clothes/shoes that can only be sold in a Paris inspired fashion boutique....

Just some ideas...lame and repetitive as they may seem :D

• Options
    Ashbagosh23Ashbagosh23 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I miss the preserves/canning station from Sims 1, a nice way to utilize the new harvestable from the Boho set would be to make/gift preserves like the old days.

One thing I've dreamt of is a set of knitting needles for a sim to pick up. It would be great to craft clothing, slippers, stuffed animals and decor items with a "knit" feel.
  • Options
    sims2aholic63sims2aholic63 Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if it's already been mentioned or not, but I would like a sewing machine for the sims to create their own clothing, wall hangings, etc.

As for a "normal", non-premium content set, maybe a southwestern style set. I know you have a fiesta set, but that's more Mexican than southwestern. Southwestern doesn't have as many "bright" colors. It's got lots of adobe, and the colors are a bit more muted. When I looked up southwestern style on the internet, it has similarities to a Mexican style, but is still a style all its own.

It would be great to add to some existing sets as well. Some sets only have bedroom and/or bathroom stuff, while leaving the kitchen and living room completely out of it. While I can use CAS to match colors, it's not quite the same. I've even resorted to downloading custom content from fellow simmers who also felt the sets were incomplete and they added to the sets themselves.

Also, please limit the premium content as much as possible, and I really don't want any more new worlds. I ended up uninstalling all the ones I've purchased so far, except for one or 2 worlds, because I no longer have the room on my computer. The world's content is nice, but I really, really, really wish you would sell the content separately...then, I could just buy the content, and forget about the world. It ends up not being used anyway.

By the way, I've noticed that lots of people were disappointed by the new Bohemian set. I wasn't...not really. I love the new fruits. However, part of the disappointment stems from the lack of new recipes, which I understand. So, maybe a set that would utilize all fruits and vegetables in the game, store content, etc...maybe a bakery? We would need new recipe books, or at least the ability to learn the new recipes by leveling up our sim's cooking skill.

Ok...a little venting now...I really hope that Sims 4 goes more the way of Sims 2 in terms of store content. Frankly, I'm ashamed of how much money I've spent on store content. I'd much rather spend it on extra stuff packs, or extra expansion packs.

Now, for something nice: Thank you for all the hard work the entire EA team puts out to create this wonderful game. I play this game as a sort of distraction therapy. It helps me to better deal with my disability, which is pain related (that's all I'll say on that subject). I just want you to know how much this game has helped me to keep a positive attitude. Where medication fails, this game succeeds. Keep up the great work!!
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see a large round table that seats between 6 or 8 :)

the game is really missing a large round table
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited March 2014
    Some very interesting ideas!
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited March 2014
    Some very interesting ideas!

Daylight Savings Time is getting to you too, huh?? Cuz it's still dark in ALL parts of the US. Go to bed Copeland! :roll:
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    KreesDungeonKreesDungeon Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    Maybbe an Irish dance themed set? With solo dresses, school uniforms, ghillies and heavy shoes, dance moves and maybe make it part of the dance skill or its own skill, River Dance posters, etc.

And maybe an anime lovers set?

And knitting needles as a premium item? Or a sewing station with a machine, knitting needles, and a crochet hook. Crafting/sewing would be a new skill and sims could make blankets and plushies and such as decorative items

• Options
    Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2014
    1. Bakery Set.

- Display set: where sims can sell baked goods. Cupcakes, cakes, pies, gourmet chocolates etc. Sims can sell the homemade goods to the supermarket, OR buy them from the supermarket, OR sell to the new venue, " Sim Street Market." (I would love to buy bread from the supermarket btw).

Bakery set includes: special stove for use on community lots. All stoves used at home can make the same baked goods, but when the stove is used on a community lot and by a sim with high cooking skills 7 or greater, sims get a special moodlet and the baked goods look more sophisticated, like sold in a box etc. Chocolate also puts snob sims in "the mood for love" etc.

- Street Market Venue: This venue is like the consignment shop, however, this is where homemakers can sell fish, produce etc. ( the display set can also display any of the following: fish, produce, nectar, any homemade item that can be consumed)

This market venue can improve game play for people who enjoy having self employed sims and further expand on Sims 3 Ambitions. These sims can have Opportunities at this venue and perform certain tasks; like catching 15 lobsters or baking 20 cakes.

Expand on the Sims 2 Open for Business.

2. Homemaker Set or call it Homemaking made Easy (something catchy)

- This set has a juicer. Sims can create drinks from produce that they bought or picked from their own gardens. These juices can give a special moodlet. (Bring back the juicer from the Sims 2.)

- Preserve Machine. Automatic Jam and Jelly Maker. (look it up, they exist!) Sims can make jams and jellies from their garden and Sell them, eat, and gift them to others. (Bring back the jams and jellies from the Sims 1.)

- Crockpot. Sims can create new recipes.

- Deep frier. (I know we already have this set, but I would love to see ********* as a recipe, french fries, donuts, etc

- Griddle. Sims can also make burgers, without having to use the grill outside, bacon, flapjacks. Great for college bound sims.

- Sewing Machine. This can create special items that are NOT found in create a sim. Then can be sold at the consignment shop. This is a great way to expand on the fashion career. (Elder sims need a hobby!)

I'll be back with more ideas soon...
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited March 2014
    A set from Australia. It should include but not limited to
    - Clothing for all ages
    - Hair dos
    - Animals like kola bears, kangaroos, crocodiles, whales, dingos, mist cats, etc...
    - Insects from Australia
    - Nature Items - Trees, plants, sand dollars, etc...
    - Food from Australia - new recipes to learn
    - Music and instruments
  • Options
    VanessaFalzoiVanessaFalzoi Posts: 15 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I would love to see a more variety of items for special events or causes. For instance something for Breast Cancer Awareness that could be a complete set, or a single item that we could buy and include a real donation to the cause; would give an awesome opportunity to show our support in game as well. We could do it for AIDS awareness, Alzheimer's Awareness...so many different causes that we could assist with. Even if it is just a T-shirt in CAS...A couch decked out in the colorful ribbons for leukemia, Autism, etc...so many possibilities :lol: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited March 2014
    Some things I'd like to see:

1. Ballet Shoes, square toed with laces in different lengths

2. Footless Tights in ankle and mid calf length under accessories so they can be layered with existing bottoms

3. Stirrup Tights under accessories

4. A few more types of socks, perhaps some with the loose scrunch top

5. More styles of boots and flat casual shoes; no more high heels.

6. I would love to see some build sets that come with new types of flooring and walls.

7. I'd really like a ballet themed set with clothing for all ages in it.

8. I would love to have a set of high quality multi channel fully recolorable patterns for all categories.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2014
    Please see this thread for more tropical fruits and nuts in the game!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/743422.page

I hope that it is useful and will be implemented! :)
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2014
    SimGuruCopeland,

I started a thread on having more EA Store patterns for sale. It has gotten a favorable response from a number of simmers. Please see here for the idea:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/743967.page#11841712

Also, I would love more variety for paintings & pictures, houseplants, and curtains. Thank you!