Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited March 2014
    Reality TV Sets:

Here's what I want:

1. Wheel of Fortune set (current)
    2. Deal or No Deal set (defunct, but still want it)
    3. Jeopardy! set (current)
    4. Family Feud set (current)
    5. Brain Surge set (defunct, but still want it)
    6. Let's Make A Deal set (current)
    7. Wipeout set (current)
    8. 20Q set (defunct, but still want it)
    9. 1 vs. 100 set (defunct, but still want it)
    10. It's Academic set (current)
    11. The Price is Right set (current)
    12. Repo Games set (current)
    13. UUelcome set (current)
    14. Video Village set (defunct, but still want it)
    15. Yahtzee set (defunct, but still want it)
    16. Studio 7 set (defunct, but still want it)
    17. Sábado Gigante set (current)
    18. Russian Roulette set (defunct, but still want it)
    19. On the Cover set (defunct, but still want it)
    20. 3 for the Money (defunct, but still want it)

Other ideas here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675666.page
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    From page 2:
    I can't have enough décor. I'd love more simple flower arrangements, in that word that gets censored! :lol: Especially a simple red rose that can be used in the middle of a bistro table. More pictures, the store ones are always fab! More statues...

How about a garden set? A few of us were discussing this lately. I love garden sculptures: little Victorian fairies, lazy rabbits, whatever! :lol: We could get 'freshly picked' flowers in ***** (just décor but it'd fit with the theme, just simple, traditional ones. Ummm... you could do those pretty trees and bushes with fairy-lights in them. *nudge nudge* Oooh! A new wishing well! I'd really love some climbing roses like the ivy and wisteria that comes in sections that can be placed against the wall. I'd love the iron fence and columns from TS1 Old Town to go with my lovely ironwork stairs and bistro table. And I'd very much like a cherry tree like the base game one but with white blossom (not harvestable, a tree tree). :mrgreen:

And I would love a simple single hanging lightbulb that I could clutter up like this:

Vintage-lightbulbs.jpg

edit again: harvestables aren't pc are they? I'd love berries!

Thank you Santa Copeland! :D

ThanksCat.jpg
  • Options
    Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree with the Garden Set idea. HOWEVER, for those of us who did purchase the Bohemian garden set, I would appreciate premium content. I know I didn't have to buy the set, but I love the harvestables. But don't advertise something as premium content when there is nothing premium about it! Throw in a juicer and allow that item to be free for people who purchased the Bohemian garden set. :wink:

As for set ideas- make the sets more complete, a venue, clothing (more than 5, for men and women), and premium content.

For example:

In addition to my previous post, I would love to see:

1. Sims Super Star set:

This would really enhance showtime. I would love to see beautiful Oscar inspired gowns for women and great suits for men. Something glamorous for the kids as well.

I would like different hairstyles. Please include styles and textures of different ethnicities!!! For men and women.

I would like a new venue- this venue can be where the award shows are held. Sims that are actors or actresses, when they receive their award,can visit this lot. Sims may also have the option of "host award party at" where sims can pick this venue.

2. Sims Teen Stuff or Mansion Stuff, inspired type set. Back in the good 'ole days, we would spend a lot less for a lot more! Bring that back.

3. I would also LOVE LOVE to see more premium item content sold separately!!! Sometimes, no offense Gurus, but the fans build way better venues for free. Either create better venues that make the premium content worth buying, or make the premium content separate. Better yet, how about both? :)
  • Options
    jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2014
    I personally would really like some tights for men. Please! I find the boots that came with the roccoco set to be unfulfilling and would love some tights. Thank you.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am currently playing a victorian theme and would like to see a set that rounds out what we currently have. For those of us who enjoy historical game play there are a few things that are missing that would really add to our game.
    1. Victorian Swimwear and Athletic Wear for women

vic.jpg

2. Vintage washing machines
    washing_ton.jpg

article-1160671-02A0E6B400000578-755_468x527.jpg

3.More clothes for children
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXxn_Kn1yNS-_ASiBMJSmCHzU6WXy_uVhlQgxQ7cA-wmcW8QWRog

4. Pinafore and bonnet
    6f3f474bc35534b281d3b108ce8b42ea.jpg

And of course more hairs for all ages

5. Victorian automobiles and bicycles.

edward%252520vii.jpg

j0045-hansom-cab.jpg

This would be a great set to introduce a tea set as well.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited March 2014
    jnscoey wrote:
    I personally would really like some tights for men. Please! I find the boots that came with the roccoco set to be unfulfilling and would love some tights. Thank you.

That is a great idea and reminds me that we are sladly limited when it comes to our sims clothing items for use of the ballet bar. Men and should have tights and leotards and women and girls should have a proper balleria style so that we can have a proper ballet studio. Maybe a set like that could be packages with another dance floor.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    *looks at Karilyn's pics*

memes-exquisite.jpg
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love building community lots, and I'd really like to see some more options to differentiate the buildings, especially now that we can build functional shops and build an actual downtown area.

I'd like to see some vintage painted billboards for the sides of buildings that can be placed as overlays over existing textures, like street art. I'd love to see new and faded versions of each so they could be used for new ads in period settings or ghosts of old ads in new settings.

I'd love to see a ton of new neon signs, including neon signs that can be placed as window decorations, if that's possible. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see a tilted martini glass for lounges, crossed pool cues over a triangle for dive bars, a traditional 3 balls pawn shop sign for consignment shops, a palm tree for pools, and a neon tiki head, as well as some general purpose signs with text or text and shapes. A mix of signs that sit flat against the wall and signs that are perpendicular to the wall would be great; even better would be if each sign could be placed either way.

I'd love to see some window shades with a few different pieces of text (so different stores can have different names) or symbols (like a book or a chair or produce) to use in store fronts, preferably a set that can be mixed and matched, sized to fit various sizes of windows (1, 2, and 3 tiles wide, for example, with the text or decor centered). As long as we're wishing for the moon, add parts that we can CASt to give it a center or edge stripes (I'm thinking one channel for the shade, one for the text or symbol, one for the edge stripes, and the fourth for a center stripe or an oval background behind the text or symbol), and give us all of the shades in half lowered and fully lowered versions). I'm picturing a big store window with a half-lowered shade with the store name, flanked by narrow windows with fully lowered shades with symbols showing what's inside, all decked out in the store's colors.

I'd also love to see some more signs like those in Late Night to decorate inside, either as lighted wall sculptures or actual lights, or as older painted signs.

How about a big clock face decoration so we can throw a clock tower on a building? Maybe in a couple of styles from traditional clockworks to a neon-ringed 1930s version to a totally 80s digital time & temp sign or a sci-fi hologram?
  • Options
    edited March 2014

How about a big clock face decoration so we can throw a clock tower on a building?

Yes! Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase!!!!

Please-Cat-114724483299.jpeg

big-ben-ian-jones_1439119c.jpg

Please please pleeeeeaaaaaase!

please-please-please.gif
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited March 2014
    Some of these ideas have already been posted but I’ll list them again just to show they are extremely wanted :D

- Bakery: The works like everyone has been asking for, cakes, pies, cookies, the ability to sell them in a cute shop.
    - Canning station
    - Juicer
    - Flower arranging!!!
    - Candle making
    - Sewing ability: for making clothes, stuffed toys, table clothes, etc.
    - Board game: for families or friends to play that would increase their relationship, boost social, and all that goodness
    - Puzzle: I almost always have a puzzle on my coffee table and I wish my sims could too. It could increase logic, and other sims could join in and help.
    - Pillows that we could add to couches or beds (I know this would affect animations but I would really love to have them at least for my couches… I would even be happy to pause my game and move the pillows off myself so sims could sit or sleep… don’t hate me for that)
    - Hammock and a porch swing (I use cc versions of these and I would love to get rid of them and have nice EA designed ones… especially if they are designed by whoever did the new hanging chair!!)
    - Friendship bracelets: children, teens, and adults could make these and give them to a friend to ensure they always stay at best friend status for life. With the option to ask for bracelet back if for example their boyfriend cheats on them with the friend.
    - I am always in need of anything elvish/fantasy/whimsical/nature inspired

- Some new careers (rabbit hole or not either way I would really love to have any of these): Vet (animal doctor), model!, Cake decorator (goes great with a bakery), fashion designer (where you actually design or make choices for the clothes, not just styling sims), real estate agent, something environmental (possibly and environmental branch in the scientist career we already have)

- Finally, my favorite career to play is author and I think it would be really cool if you could get an opportunity to have your book made into a movie. You would get much more money for this and possibly have to deal with them changing a few things or something similar.

Origin ID: Samerella
  • Options
    jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2014
    jnscoey wrote:

That is a great idea and reminds me that we are sladly limited when it comes to our sims clothing items for use of the ballet bar. Men and should have tights and leotards and women and girls should have a proper balleria style so that we can have a proper ballet studio. Maybe a set like that could be packages with another dance floor.

I had not even thought about ballet implications! Now I must have tights for men. As pants and as sock category, so we can have them stand alone and under outfits.
  • Options
    AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2014
    In addition to the great ideas so far I would like

1. A tennis court, with the option of singles or doubles. Could be part of a country club type of set. Maybe Croquette

2. Pool set, with usable beach ball, and maybe swimlanes, so our sims could learn different swimming styles and use them in the pool/ocean. Objects could be some variations on existing water toys and swimsuits

3 Game night set. PC could be a game table for 4 that does not increase logic, but gives a fun and relationship boost to those who are playing. Multiple game choices would nice. And maybe the popcorn popper. Leisure type furniture and clothing could round out the set.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I just wanted to re-post this here so it doesn't get lost:

I'd love more indoor flower arrangements! Very traditional ones would be nice because many of the game ones are wedding-y or tropical. I'd love daffodils, daisies, and 'freshly picked' garden style flowers. I'd also love some empty pots and vase s so I could use MOO to place existing flowers in them.

I'd love flower arranging back! But if we aren't getting that (although it would be great if we did) maybe we could get some recolourable décor flowers and empty vase s that could be combined in different ways? (A bit like the Build-Your-Own pen pots from ATS) Then we could have sims own a flower shop, as we can now, but the difference would be that we could choose the 'arrangement' or colour and vase of the flowers. Of course, the station would be best because I want the game to be about the sims, not the player, and they should really make the stuff. But this was just an alternative idea if we can't have the PC. :D
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited March 2014
    As long as we're in reminder mode.
    EDIT: Several people are mentioning new Premium Content they would like, which is fine, but I'm asking specifically about object sets (mimics) you'd like to see in the Sims 3 Store. :thumbup:

Also, given that EA can, and already has, released expansion-specific store content (like Premium Content and Holiday items for Pets) and can check to see whether you have an expansion registered before proceeding to the purchase stage. I really really want those new Late Night bar models that I mentioned. :D Pretty please?
  • Options
    DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am not sure if it's been suggested yet, but I would like to see 'messy' items that can be added to a home to make it look lived in. A pile of clothes, a clothes basket spilling over with clothes, single items that can be 'lost' (like a sock, open book, etc), towel or blanket that can be 'pooled' onto a couch or chair, etc.

I also like the ideas of sewing, canning, tennis court, board games, jigsaw puzzle, the clock tower.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am not sure if it's been suggested yet, but I would like to see 'messy' items that can be added to a home to make it look lived in. A pile of clothes, a clothes basket spilling over with clothes, single items that can be 'lost' (like a sock, open book, etc), towel or blanket that can be 'pooled' onto a couch or chair, etc.

I also like the ideas of sewing, canning, tennis court, board games, jigsaw puzzle, the clock tower.

Two tote boxes full of toys tipped out all over the floor in the lounge so you can't open the door? Yeah... yeah... I know that one well. *looks at toddler and sighs* :lol::D

Oh! Have you seen that art project where there are little 'lost things' sculptures left around the streets? I think it was by Tracey Emin? I thought it was so cute!

article-0-01985BDC00000578-198_468x275.jpg

article-0-01985BE500000578-148_468x272.jpg

emin10a.jpg

Ha ha! Yeah, there she is! I like the idea of having little things lying about like that. :D
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2014
    I just wanted to re-post this here so it doesn't get lost:

I'd love more indoor flower arrangements! Very traditional ones would be nice because many of the game ones are wedding-y or tropical. I'd love daffodils, daisies, and 'freshly picked' garden style flowers. I'd also love some empty pots and vase s so I could use MOO to place existing flowers in them.

I'd love flower arranging back! But if we aren't getting that (although it would be great if we did) maybe we could get some recolourable décor flowers and empty vase s that could be combined in different ways? (A bit like the Build-Your-Own pen pots from ATS) Then we could have sims own a flower shop, as we can now, but the difference would be that we could choose the 'arrangement' or colour and vase of the flowers. Of course, the station would be best because I want the game to be about the sims, not the player, and they should really make the stuff. But this was just an alternative idea if we can't have the PC. :D

This.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited March 2014
    I d like to see a continuation of the luxe sets.

A luxe teenage pj set

A luxe men's sexy undie set. Males need some sexier undies

A luxe maternity wear for women to include pjs,everyday,swimwear,athletic,formal and outerwear.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'd like an American Design Mid Century Classic Furniture set : Eames, Noguchi, Saarien, etc... :)
  • Options
    MRSAMELLAMRSAMELLA Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would like to see camping stuff , like a camper you can drive and live in , like hammock , or a s'mores stick's with marshmallows hot dogs on a stick - binoculars for bird watching while camping , camping gear -

I also liked the idea of like when kids first move out and having to have used furniture worn looking hammy down stuff for the beginning of adult life .

maternity clothing would rock , baby shower items

Just some idea's
    thanks for asking it is fun reading what other people want some things I never thought of until I read them :) Great Idea's everyone !!! Hope we get some of the stuff request :):mrgreen:
  • Options
    HarperJaneHarperJane Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2014
    Africa Bedroom & Outdoor Set

Expand the Old Town New Orleans Build Set. - fences with high porch posts in different styles, lots more windows and doors (I would really like the French Burgundy Door from Sims 1). Maybe a set decorated with bunting, garlands and bead strands.

Finish the Steampunk Set - bedroom, sitting room, bath, and some kind of crazy fireplace :)

Finish the Through the Spy Glass Set and/or rerelease the Dr Pepper Wonderland pieces.

Please, please do another Lunar New Year with all the animals you haven't done yet. :cry: I'm Year of the Ox! :cry:

Of course I'd like Elder and Teen versions of all the clothes.

My most wanted set would be an Old Timey Kitchen. Something that could be used for the Castle, Tudor, and Versailles Sets. Stone counters, some sort of Pantry/Cold cupboard that doesn't look modern, a hearth to cook at (cauldron for soup/stews and a bread oven above) and a barrel to brew beer (mead? ale?). Basically, I want the kitchens from Sims Medieval. And something like the Crafting Table but to make preserves and jams or herb mixtures to make the food better.

Thanks for reading! <3
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2014
    Can we PLEASE get build mode sets with
    - carpetted stairs
    - iron-wrought/grille/grated stairs
    - tile/mosaic stairs
    - railings to match the base game fences
    - GRAND STAIRCASES
    - more L/T/U stair styles
    - industrial, glass, art nouveau elevators
    - cage lifts
    - vault/iron-barred doors
    - more iron-wrought/grille/grated doors/gates
    - round/circle arches, doors, windows (a la The Shire)
    - glass/grated/grilled floor 'rugs' like we got in ITF
    - medieval tracery & stained glass on arches, doors, windows....
    - more 2/3-tiled arches, doors, windows
    - more fancy wallpapers/floors/patterns
    - glass dome roofs
    - dome roofs
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    l_5f54ab60-d003-11e1-8652-1d11b3200007.jpg

All of it!

But I'm increasingly liking the idea of a bank vault and general bank stuff.
  • Options
    Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2014
    Maternity wear! Please introduce new clothes for pregnant sims, in addition to new baby clothes for toddlers and children. I would love to see new cribs, strollers, and a bassinet, new baby toys, and more children books. Sims should buy formula from the grocery stores and have more baby food options. There should also be new hairstyles for the toddlers- (please add hairstyles for various ethnicities). A new " educational" channel for kids where they can learn skills, or a kiddie tablet like LeapFrog.

A special tub for the toddlers, (something small that doesn't take up a lot of space).
    New clothes for toddlers and children. New shoes!!
    For a venue- a Daycare center, a rabbit hole where parents can drop off their children. I would also love to see the After School program option, where you can click on the public school rabbit hole to drop off children and teenagers. They can learn skills or a Talent such as; poetry,sports, ballet etc.

:D
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much for asking us :)

I know there are already many ideas, but i will write my wish anyway and cross my fingers it will become a set in Sims3!

I truly appreciate that we already have many different world styles and time periods represented in the store.
    But one style i always end up having the hardest time decorating fore is actually a beautiful minimalistic contemporary style!

- I know we have items that are similar, like the sofas etc from the EP Ambitions, but they are a little to "stiff". - The table that looks like its covered with fabric matching the sofas are great - but it would be even better if you could actually sit on it! - Use it as a puff. And the most amazing thing would be if we could get a part that could be used as a chaiselong - alone or as part of the sofa.
    It could be created just like the other sofa/table pieces that can be put together - just in a more contemporary style. - Meaning the sitting pieces should have variations from "normal" chair parts, to many more parts sims can sit on: - with and without armchairs; at all, at the right site, at the left site. - This way it would be much more interesting to put together!

The style should be: wide, low, simple & soft. - preferable with different sections of small cushions!
    I would love for the base of it to look something like this, and then have all the above ideas for extra sections:

Beautiful-Big-Sofas-Furniture-Design-in-Grey-and-Brown-Color-Completed-with-Cushions-in-Bright-Living-Room-Interior-Decoration.jpg

Sofa-Bed-Sectional-Minimalist.jpg

A large square coffee table would be amazing! - Similar to the first picture, or:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCbCjR7-jOvT9GCQ6eQKAZk-K-w-B-FWqX5DkzfyQfRbL_YuhV

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVLVfgu5RZzH75KaQ4cWrOdNK3uuNdLFlwivOcz4muEIt_TzNApA

Or preferable a few different ones - but please; No more glass tables! :)

We really need a more minimalistic bookshelf! I would love for one that can be used as a room divider at the same time; being open from both sites like this:

stacked-shelf-system-muuto.jpg?itok=zq92aFhr

And a lot of small and big square shelfs we can place together as pleased on a wall. - Some with books working as a normal sim bookshelf, and some with open spaces for other decor items. - Some can also already come with tasteful decor items, but the main thing is; they should work like shelfs; so its possible to place them in all sorts of different combinations. Inspiration:

design-basel-08.jpg

Dresser/table ideas:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR546qQMqHfShUqxAvPmIk8TwySHUMAZsKnFJ-yam_D4hdwWk6Rcw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE2H3azcmcll_wTkBUBp1zlks3yD7gjI1yWVLBw6xZop-_Q2sJ

Stilren-skaenk-med-hvid-front--RW00125.jpg

07822101ed42434f96b8882ef6f4985b.jpg?mode=max&width=620&height=500&q=95

dea93f117eb249e6b7748145bdd6568a.jpg?mode=max&width=620&height=500&q=95

A simple good bed with low - or non at all, headboard is a must!

Inspiration for more bedroom items:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-mwGwu3jp7kVhyOHHUGFCPyXB8KARpapThl575sGz7WRXGBKy

modern-beds.jpg

special-design-bedroom-wood-wall.jpg

Minimalist-Bedroom-Ideas-3.jpg

Minimalistic bath items is also very much wanted. Some new forms, and more interesting possibilities.
    - Like the shower that came with the skylight studio - in a normal shower version, making it possible to create your own private showers with it. But also new forms for sinks and bath tops is needed. - like tubs sunken in a deck - either by being able to create inside decks in build mode, or a pre made one.

New simple decor and minimalistic mirrors in different sizes; large, wide, framed for total body etc.

mirror-frame-250x250.jpg

Inspiration pictures:

Loft-Cube-13-800x1200.jpg

deluxe-idea-minimalist-bathroom-white-ceramic-bathtub.jpg

luxury-bathrooms12.jpg

2-frahm-bath.jpg

Simple beautiful decor items for baths are also appreciated. - Like the benches in the batch and on the wall in the picture right above. But also nice towels etc.

It would be amazing to be able to build with the effect of a "room" in the wall. - Just like the sarcophagus items from WA that can fit perfectly in to the walls. - Just with a clean simple line. Also with the possibility to place shampoo, towels, flowers etc. on.
    Different sizes: The debt could be two different sizes; one fit to the length of a sim wall piece, and one could be the half debt of a wall piece. And then they could different size wide in: 1,2 & 3 wall piece length. - Maybe connectable, but the wide wall and top is important for the right look.

- It could also works beautiful for all other rooms!

Here is a photo with two layers, but the bottom layer could just be blocked, and the small shelfs not necessary, but could be an option. Should just be able to fit in between two normal sim walls :

Another-space-saving-bathroom-suite-oldfield-bathrooms-and.jpg

A perfect table form, that could work both for office/lab top table and a console table around the home in this shape:

Very-Simple-Sofa-Table2.jpg

And a dining table with simple chairs and a bench for dining like this:

stubborn_151009_02.jpg

This simple bedroom is also elegant, a simple closet like that would be nice. But especially the "hanging" side tables would be great! - With possibility for adjustable hight, making them useable as a night stand/ bath decor, shelfs or even a lab ton table!!!!

Latest-Minimalist-Bedroom-Design.jpg

A new staircase like this one, that can be attached to the wall, but beside that is free:

Modern-Italian-Minimalist-Bedroom-Furniture.jpg

And new large, more minimalistic fireplaces (with a recolour-able chimney!) :

Fireplaces-furniture-new-modern-fireplace-design-fire-line-from.jpg

metalfire-fireplaces-1.jpg

I could go on :) I have so many ideas and wishes i would love to be able to use in the game. But I think this is enough for now. I might be back with more :)