Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS3 just dead now?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2013
    Haven't had much time to play or post just because of Real Life stuff -- holidays, coping with aging parent, and such. But I'm still hanging out around here. You guys are stuck with me, like it or not. :mrgreen:

Been dabbling a bit in World of Warcraft; not sure if I'm going to get totally into it or not. Have a bunch of friends that have a Horde guild and their talk has intrigued me. It might make a nice sideline to Sims. Still not sure if I'm going to make the jump to 4 right away, or if I'll hold off just to see how well it runs on the Mac side and if any of my favorite mod folks will be making the transition (mostly the folks at Sims Asylum since Twallan at NRaas has already said he's not going to be modding Sims 4, at least not publicly). I'm not sure I could play Sims without mods because the game is usually so wonky, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon knowing EA. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    I still play Sims 2 on my old computer and will be playing Sims 3 for years even if I did eventually move up to TS4.I'm even investing in upgrading to Windows 7 Pro on my Sims 3 computer so it could handle TS2 better.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think the TS3 community is alive and thriving- but many have left the "official" forums and have moved onto personal blogs and unofficial forums. :)
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sims 3 died really? there so much to do in the Sim 3 and it's going to be a long time before Sims 4 has all it's expansions I'll be lurking around here for a bit
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited December 2013
    I agree the forums are not like how they used to be...the activity here has slowed. I'm not sure why.
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited December 2013
    wickichick wrote:
    I agree the forums are not like how they used to be...the activity here has slowed. I'm not sure why.

It seems to have been a lot worse through December, & I know I've not had time to check out all the forums while I've been so busy at this time of year. Let's hope it gets better in the new year!
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited December 2013
    I guess we all have a lot to do during the Christmas holidays, if we're lucky to have a family to keep us busy! :D
    I'm impatient for sims4, but at the same time I hesitate : it's not good news to have postponed the march release - probably due to bugs, and without Twallan to enhance the game... well, I'll probably go on playing sims3 as long as it's supported by my computer. It was hard enough to get it working on windows8.
    But now it's not the time of the year to have negative thoughts - Happy New Year to you all!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited December 2013
    I still play the sims for several hours each day and am part of a bustling sim community elsewhere. That doesn't mean I have given up on the forum. Although I don't post as often as I once did, I do visit most days and have a quick look at what people are up to and comment where I think I am able to add anything.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    I was playing Sims 3 until the fan broke down on my Sims 3 computer and I'm currently playing Sims 2 on my old computer.I'm still able to post here with my older computer though I had to make copies of the browser bookmarks and transfer them here to continue posting and I'll get back into Sims 3 when my computer gets back from the shop.I'll use NRaas Mods in TS3 because EA's SP is a game-breaking disaster for my town legacy challenge with it's nonsense messing it up badly.The Story Progression I'm turning on won't ruin the game because it can't run the game like EA's disaster does.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    KosmopolitKosmopolit Posts: 602 Member
    edited December 2013

The TS3 fever has subsided.
    EA only advertises TS4.
    I would like to put again so much money in a game. That's why I'm staying with TS3.

Unfortunately, online communication will be abandoned if TS4
    That's why I was looking a new platform.
    Greets Kosmo
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    I must admit that I took a break from Sims3 for a bit, I do still check out the forums though and I have lacked on replying lately :o

It is a busy time, December and early January, people are so busy in all the festivities, posting on online forums isn't top priority :)
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    edited December 2013
    I've worked for game companies in Community Relations on forums and it is not at all unusual for there to be slumps periodically throughout the year. From Thanksgiving through New Year's game forums slow down a lot. At the end of the school year and then again as the new school year starts it gets slower too. During the summer months maturity levels alter some as kids & teens have more free time to play and talk about their favorite games.

I still see quite a bit of activity here, it all depends on where you look and your time zone. I am overseas right now so my daytime is the US night time. So while I'm sleeping people tend to be posting, then when I an online during the day (for me) I can catch up on the new posts and make my posts as well.

Something else to realize is that forum population is usually a small percentage of the games actual users. At one company I worked for we determined less then 10% of all users were active on the forums; active being those who posted regularly and not just viewing or making a couple posts. Hence, forum activity is not really a good gauge of the health of a game.

Just my 2 cents...
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited December 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I post now and again, but the forums have been a bit dull for quite a while now.
    It was much more fun around the time Supernatural and Seasons came out.

I will be playing TS3 for quite a while. Once I have finished up my University and Into the Future stories, I will be scrapping my current Sims 3 folder and starting over with a fresh one.

Then I plan to look upon TS3 from a fresher perspective and play it differently than I have been playing. I have a few new scenarios I want to play out and I plan to invent some more.

I'm really looking forward to your ideas. Have a great and very happy 2014. :-)