Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS3 just dead now?

This is so depressing, I finally get my game working and hardly anybody's posting on the forum now. Has everybody already moved on? :(

Comments

• Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2013
    Its still active. I think its the holiday season part of the reason why its slowed a little.
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    I have been thinking the same thing. :(
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited December 2013
    Moved on? To what?

The Sims 4 isn't out yet and won't be for 9 months. Even then many will still stick to Sims 3 for a bit before jumping into 4. Sims 3 is far from dead. As Mommyland said it's like just slow due to the holidays.
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited December 2013
    Celiria wrote:
    Moved on? To what?

The Sims 4 isn't out yet and won't be for 9 months. Even then many will still stick to Sims 3 for a bit before jumping into 4. Sims 3 is far from dead. As Mommyland said it's like just slow due to the holidays.

OT but do they have a release date yet? I haven't been here in a while, I didn't think they did. Either way, I'm going to be playing TS3 for a while now that it's back so I'm not even thinking about that at all.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited December 2013
    The last I heard would be late next year for Sims 4. I would not be surprised if that gets pushed into 2015. You might want to check that forum for more up to date info.
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2013
    OT but do they have a release date yet? I haven't been here in a while, I didn't think they did. Either way, I'm going to be playing TS3 for a while now that it's back so I'm not even thinking about that at all.

When I went to the game store the Sims 4 date on the box says March 2014, but on the game website it says fall 2014. :?:
  • Options
    edited December 2013

When I went to the game store the Sims 4 date on the box says March 2014, but on the game website it says fall 2014. :?:

That's what I thought. Last I checked it said March, but I guess they pushed it. Maybe they'll fix those stupid hairstyles :lol: More time for me to enjoy my TS3, I guess, before everybody abandons it for the next best thing.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited December 2013

Ea sent out a press release a couple months back stating the release date was fall 2014.
  • Options
    JuliaBooTS3JuliaBooTS3 Posts: 17
    edited December 2013
    You're not the only one dear.I'm just a few games away from completing my sims 3 collection. I'm not gonna buy the sims 4. I have to stick to the sims 3 because I waited sooo long to get this game, I was literally mad because the sims 4 is coming out next year and im still trying to get more EPs and SPs. ,-, But there will be some people who won't buy the sims 4. I like the new software and tools and what not on the sims 4 but I waited a long time for the sims 3 and it's too late change games up now. :)
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is so depressing, I finally get my game working and hardly anybody's posting on the forum now. Has everybody already moved on? :(

TS3 wont be abandoned by people for years after TS4 comes out,I doubt TS2 ever truly was so you have nothing to worry about .
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited December 2013
    I post now and again, but the forums have been a bit dull for quite a while now.
    It was much more fun around the time Supernatural and Seasons came out.

I will be playing TS3 for quite a while. Once I have finished up my University and Into the Future stories, I will be scrapping my current Sims 3 folder and starting over with a fresh one.

Then I plan to look upon TS3 from a fresher perspective and play it differently than I have been playing. I have a few new scenarios I want to play out and I plan to invent some more.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited December 2013
    No abandonment, here. I see no reason to stop playing a game I find fun. I still play Sims 1, every now and then; and don't see myself stopping any time soon.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think there are many, many Simmers like me who have made a large investment in the Sims 3 franchise. I have all EPs, most SPs, and practically everything in the EA Store. And from what I've seen of the Sims 4 so far, I'm not planning on getting it. At least, they would have to do a lot of reworking of it for me to buy it. I'll continue on with Sims 3 and occasionally play Sims 2. Sims 3 will be alive and well for a few years, at least.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited December 2013
    You're not the only one dear.I'm just a few games away from completing my sims 3 collection. I'm not gonna buy the sims 4. I have to stick to the sims 3 because I waited sooo long to get this game, I was literally mad because the sims 4 is coming out next year and im still trying to get more EPs and SPs. ,-, But there will be some people who won't buy the sims 4. I like the new software and tools and what not on the sims 4 but I waited a long time for the sims 3 and it's too late change games up now.

We're in the same boat. :D I've only just started building up my Sims 3 Collection and have spent too much time and money to abandon it. I can't get excited for Sims 4 (as good as it looks) as I'm too devoted to working on the Sims 3 for now. I wouldn't worry, I assume there's a lot of people in the same boat as us though!
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• Options
    Ambermonk9Ambermonk9 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Remember, the Sims is a computer program. It does what it does. It won't do any less in the future than it does now. If you are enjoying the gameplay you should be able to enjoy it indefinitely.

What will change over the next several years is not the game, but your expectations. The issue here is not whether the game will go away, but rather, how you manage your own expectations. Do a good job with that and you should be able to have a lot of fun with the Sims 3 for years to come. Go for it!
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited December 2013
    I will not be moving on right away. There was so much I never did in the Sims 2 because I moved on to the Sims 3 right away. I have invested so much money in the Sims 3 with all the games, simpoints for the store. No way I am moving on yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one left haunting the forum board here.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2013
    well im sad to report all the action is in tech and Answer HQ - ive been trying to make a decent dent in the XMAS backlog but there is still too many unanswered posts and whats worse i wont be around the next couple of days to celebrate new years. so stop by tech :)
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm here for a long time too. I enjoy The Sims 3 and have invested too much to move on for a few years. Plus, EA's track record for fixing bugs has declined significantly. I really enjoyed the social aspect of interacting via the game (messages, gifts, simports) wonderful. I consider that a major bug that they should be focusing on to keep our interest. After all, haven't they made enough money off us to still care about fixing what they broke?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    edited December 2013
    The forums are dead but sims 3 is far from done. The store team is releasing some awesome premium content and worlds. Still happy about the roller coasters and hoping for a ferris wheel.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    well im sad to report all the action is in tech and Answer HQ - ive been trying to make a decent dent in the XMAS backlog but there is still too many unanswered posts and whats worse i wont be around the next couple of days to celebrate new years. so stop by tech :)

You do a great job Ceejay. I appreciate your efforts.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ctroihd1 wrote:
    I'm here for a long time too. I enjoy The Sims 3 and have invested too much to move on for a few years. Plus, EA's track record for fixing bugs has declined significantly. I really enjoyed the social aspect of interacting via the game (messages, gifts, simports) wonderful. I consider that a major bug that they should be focusing on to keep our interest. After all, haven't they made enough money off us to still care about fixing what they broke?

Well Said!
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    not posting in the forum is not the same as people not playing the game. I still check the site daily to see what questions people have etc.

I am enjoying playing my legacy family and will not stop until I've completed it. That's my personal goal. I will probably play both ts3 and ts4 b/c ts4 is going to take years to be a "complete" game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    edited December 2013
    It is kind of annoying that the forums have died.

The real dead ones are seasons,island paradise,generations and ideas and feedback.
  • Options
    ChaoticerisChaoticeris Posts: 29
    edited December 2013
    I'm still going. Definitely, though I hope the store will continue to function for a good long while after TS4 is out.