Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothes Shopping again?

So many of us know that we can't clothes shop on The Sims 3 which seriously sucks so much, are we gonna be able to clothes shop again on The Sims 4 like how we could on The Sims 2 I'm highly guessing no already because they would have already said wouldn't they?

Comments

• Options
    penguinator8478penguinator8478 Posts: 24
    edited August 2013
    It's likely there's features of the game they haven't revealed yet, what with the game coming out net year. :D So it's entirely possible clothes shopping might come back.
  • Options
    smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Well according to PC Power play (or whatever the magazine is called... it is in the name of one of the threads here) it mentions 'expensive clothes' when talking about being in the flirty mood, so I am guessing if clothes are gonna be 'expensive' they would have to cost simoleons... which means hopefully CLOTHES SHOPPING! LOOOL! EEEP WOOO!!!! LOL :)

EDIT: It was PC Power Play, here is the thread about the magazine
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/710648.page
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope we get it. Graham was asking for our thoughts on it on twitter (and I believe here too) recently, so I guess they're considering it.

Most people seemed to want clothes shopping back, but also some kind of 'unlockalloutfits' type cheat for if you're storytelling/showcasing a lot/in too lazy a mood to shop.

I want sims 2 style clothes shopping but with a few slight improvements:

* To be able to assign a wardrobe to an individual sim. In sims 2 the clothes for the household were all kind of thrown in together. I's like to be able to click on a wardrobe and assign it to a sim (like beds/doors in TS3) and then to be able to put clothes in the wardrobe (like how you buy fruit and put it in the fridge). Then I think it would be funny to have a 'steal clothes' interaction, so siblings could steal clothes from each other! :lol:

* I think it would be good to have sims randomly select appropriate clothing from their wardrobe each day. So they don't wear the same clothes every day but you get some variety. maybe there could be a 'lock outfit' option, in case you get one that you just want to stick with and wear every day! Your sim keep wearing a horrid outfit? Just take it out of that sim's wardrobe! (disclaimer... this one isn't my idea, I stole it off someone because I think it's awesome!)
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope we get it. Graham was asking for our thoughts on it on twitter (and I believe here too) recently, so I guess they're considering it.

Most people seemed to want clothes shopping back, but also some kind of 'unlockalloutfits' type cheat for if you're storytelling/showcasing a lot/in too lazy a mood to shop.

I want sims 2 style clothes shopping but with a few slight improvements:

* To be able to assign a wardrobe to an individual sim. In sims 2 the clothes for the household were all kind of thrown in together. I's like to be able to click on a wardrobe and assign it to a sim (like beds/doors in TS3) and then to be able to put clothes in the wardrobe (like how you buy fruit and put it in the fridge). Then I think it would be funny to have a 'steal clothes' interaction, so siblings could steal clothes from each other! :lol:

* I think it would be good to have sims randomly select appropriate clothing from their wardrobe each day. So they don't wear the same clothes every day but you get some variety. maybe there could be a 'lock outfit' option, in case you get one that you just want to stick with and wear every day! Your sim keep wearing a horrid outfit? Just take it out of that sim's wardrobe! (disclaimer... this one isn't my idea, I stole it off someone because I think it's awesome!)

OMG thank you so much for this Cinderalla mouse sorry if I spelled it wrong, I so cannot wait for this.
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2013

I've wanted something like this for so long it's not even funny! Maybe we could assemble a few outfits for our sim to pick from whenever they changed. That would be perfect! :mrgreen:

-
    But I will never understand why simmers liked shopping for clothes so much. It's such a big waste of time to me. I loved how in The Sims 3 you could just change your outfit to whatever you want without having to buy each individual piece for a ridiculous amount of simoleans.

That being said, having an 'unlockalloutfits'-type cheat would be great. I ended up using MATY's clothing cheat object in The Sims 2 anyway.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope so. I miss this from TS2.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Narcissa wrote:

I've wanted something like this for so long it's not even funny! Maybe we could assemble a few outfits for our sim to pick from whenever they changed. That would be perfect! :mrgreen:

-
    But I will never understand why simmers liked shopping for clothes so much. It's such a big waste of time to me. I loved how in The Sims 3 you could just change your outfit to whatever you want without having to buy each individual piece for a ridiculous amount of simoleans.

That being said, having an 'unlockalloutfits'-type cheat would be great. I ended up using MATY's clothing cheat object in The Sims 2 anyway.

I'm hoping this time you don't get your wish lol anyway they even said expensive clothing so we are getting clothing stores again you can use cheats if you wish to get clothes for free
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd love to have actual shopping back. I hate how they have everything available to them at all times. It would be even better if you could buy clothes, set 3 or more different outfits for your sim, and they would change into a different outfit every day automatically.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really hope clothing stores are back in the game. I miss shopping for clothes as well. It always gave my rich sims something to spend their money on. I am really hoping that layerable clothing is added to the base game, it would really go a long way in making our sims more individual.
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    So many of us know that we can't clothes shop on The Sims 3 which seriously sucks so much, are we gonna be able to clothes shop again on The Sims 4 like how we could on The Sims 2 I'm highly guessing no already because they would have already said wouldn't they?

Sucks?

One of the first things I did in The Sims 2 is bought all the clothes.

So it never really sucked for me to not have that available.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Molie86 wrote:
    I really hope clothing stores are back in the game. I miss shopping for clothes as well. It always gave my rich sims something to spend their money on. I am really hoping that layerable clothing is added to the base game, it would really go a long way in making our sims more individual.

See a lot of people want clothing shopping back EA were kinds silly to remove the whole clothing store aspect hopefully though there is a dresser option for those that don't wanna buy clothes those that wanna just have it their own way
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    Molie86 wrote:

See a lot of people want clothing shopping back EA were kinds silly to remove the whole clothing store aspect hopefully though there is a dresser option for those that don't wanna buy clothes those that wanna just have it their own way

I think it was due to the game engine. Or I'm giving EA too much credit, and the real reason is because they're just lazy.

Yeah, I'm going with lazy.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    edited September 2013
    smilies246 wrote:
    Well according to PC Power play (or whatever the magazine is called... it is in the name of one of the threads here) it mentions 'expensive clothes' when talking about being in the flirty mood, so I am guessing if clothes are gonna be 'expensive' they would have to cost simoleons... which means hopefully CLOTHES SHOPPING! LOOOL! EEEP WOOO!!!! LOL :)

EDIT: It was PC Power Play, here is the thread about the magazine
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/710648.page

My pc won't let me read everything. I try clicking on the picture then right click like it says and nothing happens. I'm on google chrome so that maybe the reason. A lot of sites seem to not work good with google chrome anymore. :?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited September 2013

Simmerfreak44,

Not if it was going to be say part of an expansion pack, and not included in the base game, so it might still be in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd love to have actual shopping back. I hate how they have everything available to them at all times. It would be even better if you could buy clothes, set 3 or more different outfits for your sim, and they would change into a different outfit every day automatically.

A new outfit everyday, I really like this idea! You could pick a certain amount of outfits and they would randomly change each passing day
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:

Simmerfreak44,

Not if it was going to be say part of an expansion pack, and not included in the base game, so it might still be in the Sims 4.

True that is, but yes we are getting clothing shopping with Into The Future which is what I'm excited about even if we can't get clothes from late night or island paradise, but has there been any word about clothes shopping for the sism 4 and is it an open neighborhood.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope so!!

(Anyone start a petition for this? :D )

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    All I can say is "there better be!!"

I seriously missed clothes shopping in Sims 3. I do not like that all sims have access to all the fashion in the world at their dressers.

Also, a recent article mentioned wearing "expensive clothes" and it was not specific about that being formal wear, so this could suggest that clothes shopping is back. I hope that's the case! I would not want clothes being labelled as "expensive" or "thrifty" and so forth. Also, formal wear is not necessarily expensive, it's just... formal :P So yeah, I hope we're getting clothes shopping again!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    Narcissa wrote:

-

I don't understand why people would say "it's such a big waste of time" I mean, what do you consider to be a good use of time in the Sims? Going to rabbitholes? *snicker*

I think gameplay is a good use of time! I want stuff for my sims to do on the town. My sims don't stay at home all the time--I want them having all sorts of fun things to do on the town. If shopping for clothes isn't that fun for you, you could do it once and just buy a huge assortment of clothes for the whole family.

But I think the majority of players really do want MORE things to do away from the sims' homes, and do not like having all clothes available for free from the dresser.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2013
    I definitely want this back from TS2. It was fun saving up money from your Sim's job then driving over to the downtown subhood for new clothes.

I hope they make the stores similar to TS2 rather than TS3 also. I don't like how you spend so long talking to the cashier then are presented with a pop up. In fact, they should do it like ITF's shops! Have everything laid out, pick what you want, but bring it over to the cashier for checkout.
  • Options
    penguinator8478penguinator8478 Posts: 24
    edited September 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Narcissa wrote:

I don't understand why people would say "it's such a big waste of time" I mean, what do you consider to be a good use of time in the Sims? Going to rabbitholes? *snicker*

I can kind of see where people are coming from when they say it's a waste of time. On one hand it added realism to the game, but on the other it ate a huge chunk of time. I have to share my computer with several family members, meaning I don't have unlimited time when I get home to play. When I start up a Sims game I want to play with the sims, not spend 30+ minutes finding clothes. However, I know a lot of people want this feature and it certainly wouldn't be a game breaker to me if it were added. I might even come to like it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,572 Member
    edited September 2013
    me i would much prefer to see all clothes in the dresser like in the sims3 i did not like sending my sims to shop in the sims2 when i needed to get the clothes that i downloaded for the sims2 has i had to buy it i do not went to be rude but in the sims 2 clothes shoping was alot of trouble i much prefer the sims3 system where i only have to open the dresser and voila i have acess to all outfits including those i downloaded.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited September 2013
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Clothes shopping.

I think in CAS we should be able to make all the normal outfits (everyday, formal, sleepwear, athletic, swimwear, outerwear) and then we should be able to go shopping for outfits each day. Like, we should be able to set a monday outfit, tuesday outfit, wednesday outfit, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday everyday outfit so that when the sims change their clothes they have a different outfit to put on each day and we have to BUY these clothes with simoleons, so they have to pay for them, these week outfits won't come free :D
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really hope that we'll see those back as my rich Sims (2nd - 3rd generation out of CAS) don't have where to put their money :lol:

Also, interesting fact is in the early TS3 gameplay videos we were able to see clothes shop (as well as wardrobes and some more objects which for some unknown reasons weren't included to a final product) :roll:
  • Options
    olive337337olive337337 Posts: 410 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think they probably won't, but we can always try! Go back to the forum index for sims 4 and sign my petition about this if you want it!!!