Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Items ❤️ Category

I wish there was a way to ❤️ or favorite items. So you can quickly go to the items you put in almost all builds.

Please EA.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    At the very least a TS2 style collections folder that players can create and put said items into.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,375 Member
    Yes to both!

(Also some objects are really unintuitively named what makes it hard to find them quickly with the search bar. You'd think "baseball bat", "folded shirts", "model ship", "name plate" or "recycler" would do the trick, but, no, there's always some fancy description that gets in the way.)
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,570 Member
    You could arrange a collection of favourite items and save them in a room to the library. You can shrink large items so they don't take up too much space.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I was just thinking about this when I was remodeling a house this morning. Err... in the game that is. :lol: I had looked in every category I thought fit the thing I was looking for, which was a thing I had used many times in the past, but I can never remember its name. Searching didn't help me because all the terms that would make sense either yielded nothing or listed things that had nothing to do with what I was looking for. Finally I gave up and went to another build where I knew I'd used it before just to get the name of it.

Turned out that what I was looking for was Lei-up House Flowers, which is why I can never remember it. I assume it's supposed to be a play on the term "lay-up" but I have never in my lifetime thought of basketball when I thought of climbing flowers, and flowers that aren't in a lei aren't lei-anything. Meanwhile, the part that would've made sense in a search (house flowers) didn't list this thing. :unamused:

So yeah, if we can't get an improved naming/sort/search system, at least let us mark favorites (or in some cases, just stuff with overly cutesified names like that, just so that we can find them again).
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    EA if you are reading this. This would make for a great little mini update. Please and thank you.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You could arrange a collection of favourite items and save them in a room to the library. You can shrink large items so they don't take up too much space.

Now that is a really good idea! We could make a room called, for example, kitchen clutter and add all the kitchen clutter in it etc etc and build our own collections that way. Croc, you're a genius!
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,465 EA Community Manager
    I wish there was a way to ❤️ or favorite items. So you can quickly go to the items you put in almost all builds.

Please EA.

Thanks

That's an awesome idea!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Now that is a really good idea! We could make a room called, for example, kitchen clutter and add all the kitchen clutter in it etc etc and build our own collections that way. Croc, you're a genius!

Collections existed in TS2 and TS3. I arranged mine just as you say. I have folders for each room type and functionality -- wedding stuff, for example, or artists' stuff.

I've been waiting so long for TS4 to do something similar.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg