Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day Did you know:

I wanted to recreate the did you know thread for Spa Day since the refresh. Feel free to share any details you find about Spa Day, whether old or new.

I'll go first. Did you know that if you pick your sims favorite color for their nails they get a happy moodlet?

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Hopefully one can still "compliment yoga pants" on an instructor.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2021
    If you do your toe nails first and then your finger nails, your toe nails will go away before your finger nails are even being started painted. If you do your fingernails first and then you do your pedicure then both will stay on. I tested it with three different households and two different saves.

Shower will take your facial mask off. Changing clothes won't take your facial mask off.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If you do your toe nails first and then your finger nails, your toe nails will go away before your finger nails are even being started painted. If you do your fingernails first and then you do your pedicure then both will stay on. I tested it with three different households and two different saves.

Shower will take your facial mask off. Changing clothes won't take your facial mask off.

I had that happen to my sim, as soon as she got off the chair she got a moodlet that her pedicure was gone. The moodlet even said something about a being there for fleeting moment so I think this might be intentional.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd report it as a bug anyway since it seems like a very poor decision if it is intentional. Every time I have gone to a nail salon or spa we started with the feet.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wanted to recreate the did you know thread for Spa Day since the refresh. Feel free to share any details you find about Spa Day, whether old or new.

I'll go first. Did you know that if you pick your sims favorite color for their nails they get a happy moodlet?

Does this mean that colours now have a purpose for those who do not own the house decoration pack?
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »

Does this mean that colours now have a purpose for those who do not own the house decoration pack?

Yes, it's actually the first implementation of color preferences in Live mode (that we know of).
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The new 'family style' yoga makes your Sim 'happy'. That's rather nice for the days when I don't want my Sim Focused or Inspired all day.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I had that happen to my sim, as soon as she got off the chair she got a moodlet that her pedicure was gone. The moodlet even said something about a being there for fleeting moment so I think this might be intentional.

That's a bug and needs fixing. Has this been reported to AHQ?
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Did you know if you have your sim get a deep massage, they'll be late to a wellness class across the hall and not be able to participate. Then if you send your sim home because they missed the class, they'll slowly walk home if the spa is in the same neighborhood.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The cucumber drink gives a focused moodlet so is ideal to have before yoga.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I'm curious to see if the cucumber snack and drink cause problems for Sims with the Healthy Eating lifestyle. My Sim is still in the process of acquiring it, so I haven't been able to test to see if he gets the 'too much junk food' buff that comes from eating 'quick meals'.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Cucumbers are tasty but, for some reason, cucumber drinks are vile tasting, don't know how anyone could become focused after drinking them. 😆
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Cucumbers are tasty but, for some reason, cucumber drinks are vile tasting, don't know how anyone could become focused after drinking them. 😆

Maybe you'd have to just to get through the nausea. :tongue:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    The song from the spa day refresh trailer is on the Hip Hop Radio Station we got with Get Famous and it's in simmish.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    The sun soothing face mask provides 12 hours of sun protection for vampires.

That's huge benefit for a mask that only covers the face.
    How much does that mask cost? 35 simoleons?! Yet the only limitation is a potential uncomfortable buff (and becoming a character out of Twilight)?

I'd usually have to put together 2 garlic, 1 plasma fruit, and 1 or 2 extra energised buffs to get the same benefit. Not to mention the Vampire Lore climb. At least umbrellas have faults (they can break, sometimes sims lose them, and it takes some management to make sure they always have it up).

I guess I'll just avoid the masks altogether, honestly. I was hoping if a vampire kept it on too long, or used too many, they'd burn to low energy or something.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Did you know, if your Sim doesn't change into a robe or a towel, the hand and foot massage is done through their gloves and shoes? :open_mouth:
    ds0NiwK.jpg
    I didn't think to snap one with his hands. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KyreRoen wrote: »

That's huge benefit for a mask that only covers the face.
    How much does that mask cost? 35 simoleons?! Yet the only limitation is a potential uncomfortable buff (and becoming a character out of Twilight)?

I'd usually have to put together 2 garlic, 1 plasma fruit, and 1 or 2 extra energised buffs to get the same benefit. Not to mention the Vampire Lore climb. At least umbrellas have faults (they can break, sometimes sims lose them, and it takes some management to make sure they always have it up).

I guess I'll just avoid the masks altogether, honestly. I was hoping if a vampire kept it on too long, or used too many, they'd burn to low energy or something.

They don't wear the mask that long either.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Did you know, if your Sim doesn't change into a robe or a towel, the hand and foot massage is done through their gloves and shoes? :open_mouth:
    ds0NiwK.jpg

That happened to my sim too but then a second later her boot disappeared and her bare feet showed as they finished it. Then she got the sad moodlet because the polish disappeared when I had her nails done next.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Ok…

That’s really cool lol

Question, how do I get manicures etc? I have one of the maxis spas in my game from the original pack, do they still work?

—T
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2021

Focusing on not being sick most probably lol

—T
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    ds0NiwK.jpg

That happened to my sim too but then a second later her boot disappeared and her bare feet showed as they finished it. Then she got the sad moodlet because the polish disappeared when I had her nails done next.

Yeah, his shoe suddenly came off, but I didn't think to capture that one. And, no, he had no color chosen. He's not that kind of Sim. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Ok…

That’s really cool lol

Question, how do I get manicures etc? I have one of the maxis spas in my game from the original pack, do they still work?

—T

I took a look at pre-made spas made by Maxis
    Perfect Balance Spa, right?

There should be a hand and foot massage chair on the second floor. You can get them done there. If you can't, simply go to build mode and replace the chair. If it still doesn't work, it seems like a bug in your game...
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

Ok…

That’s really cool lol

—T

I took a look at pre-made spas made by Maxis
    Perfect Balance Spa, right?

There should be a hand and foot massage chair on the second floor. You can get them done there. If you can't, simply go to build mode and replace the chair. If it still doesn't work, it seems like a bug in your game...

The chairs they that come standard with the spa work. They have the added interactions for getting a manicure and pedicure.
  • Options
    FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    Did you know if you have your sim get a deep massage, they'll be late to a wellness class across the hall and not be able to participate. Then if you send your sim home because they missed the class, they'll slowly walk home if the spa is in the same neighborhood.

that sounds like its based on your gameplay, if you chose to do the massage around when the class was going to start.. then yes you will "be late"