Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    What do you guys think? Should I keep her pale or make her darker like her parents?

Has she aged up from Infant, yet? I would wait and see if her skin tone changes, first. You might be pleasantly surprised.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I feel like the next CAS kit needs to be all male jeans/shorts. And good options please. Nothing ripped or torn or with patterns, patches or accessories (well maybe a chain wallet). Just straight leg, skinny, baggy, cuffed (and not rolled or enormous cuffs like the ones from Get Together). Shorts that are a proper length and some longer, baggy ones for teens. Denim shorts! What do we have to do for decent male jeans around here?! 😭
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I dunno if anyone already mentioned this or not, but I would love to be able to give all my sims pointy ears, or at least have my mermaids be able to keep their pointy ears in their human form. Also speaking of, why not elves? Hm.

Also I am trying to get 25 points but I don't know what I'm doing or what points are or how you get them lol, so I'm sorry about posting comments on so many things. I just am kind of lost.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Also I am trying to get 25 points but I don't know what I'm doing or what points are or how you get them lol, so I'm sorry about posting comments on so many things. I just am kind of lost.

Are you talking about forum points for creating your own thread? If I'm not mistaken, you have to have 30 to become a member. From the looks of your profile, you've already reached member status.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Yes, I reached it exactly 20 minutes after I posted that! I mainly wanted to get a profile picture. :D Silly I know...
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
  • Options
    @KestralDC If you opt to keep her pale, you can always add some freckles. I got lucky, I don't have freckles, nor am I deathly pale.

I am pale but I always get told that I have "peaches and cream skin" so I am hoping that means it's ok. I don't have freckles either. My sister is more of a cool tone, she had freckles when she was a small kid, but they went away. Oh, red hair!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    Yes, I reached it exactly 20 minutes after I posted that! I mainly wanted to get a profile picture. :D Silly I know...

@fujicakes1 Welcome to the Forum! 👋🏼
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Thanks so much! I'm at home a lot...every weekday lol. It's lame. It's nice to find a community of people who share a specific interest.

Edit: I want to say that I'm not "unemployed" - I have disabilities and can't work. So I'm not, you know, able to work but not working. I felt embarrassed thinking that someone may think that. I mean no one should be embarrassed if they are unemployed. That happens to everyone sometimes. But you know what I mean.
    Post edited by fujicakes1 on
  • Options

Thanks so much! I'm at home a lot...every weekday lol. It's lame. It's nice to find a community of people who share a specific interest.

Edit: I want to say that I'm not "unemployed" - I have disabilities and can't work. So I'm not, you know, able to work but not working. I felt embarrassed thinking that someone may think that. I mean no one should be embarrassed if they are unemployed. That happens to everyone sometimes. But you know what I mean.

Welcome to the forums! From my experience, these forums are full of supportive people. I like it here.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums! From my experience, these forums are full of supportive people. I like it here.

Thank you! I like it here too
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Do we still have the memory system, with the screenshots? I'm talking about the one that you could assign different emotions to screenshots in game, and have your sim reminisce?

Edit: Nevermind. I probably should have checked before posting. Anyway, for future reference, it's still there, but you can't choose the emotion. It seems like you used to be able to.

Edit 2: typo
  • Options
    Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi sorry to bother I'm quite new here and I'm not sure where to ask a question I have. I'm trying to find a house on the gallery that I believe to be an EA one. I would love to download it for my sims and I'm rubbish at building so can't replicate it. I'm wondering if anyone on the forum can point me in the right direction on the gallery. Many thanks
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AmgMslY_0wTj-DnqwnmsxyWI3X3MR8_A/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Options
    Hi sorry to bother I'm quite new here and I'm not sure where to ask a question I have. I'm trying to find a house on the gallery that I believe to be an EA one. I would love to download it for my sims and I'm rubbish at building so can't replicate it. I'm wondering if anyone on the forum can point me in the right direction on the gallery. Many thanks
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AmgMslY_0wTj-DnqwnmsxyWI3X3MR8_A/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi! Welcome to the forums! It's not on the Gallery to my knowledge. It was just a house from the original Sims 4 trailer. However, I do believe James Turner rebuilt it.
    You can find his version here:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CD9A1B57924F11ED8F045259FFB507B1
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Do we still have the memory system, with the screenshots? I'm talking about the one that you could assign different emotions to screenshots in game, and have your sim reminisce?

Edit: Nevermind. I probably should have checked before posting. Anyway, for future reference, it's still there, but you can't choose the emotion. It seems like you used to be able to.

Hi @SweetieWright_84 I think the memory carries whatever emotion your sim was in, similar to the emotional aura that photos get when taken in a certain emotion.
  • Options

Hi SweetieWright_84 I think the memory carries whatever emotion your sim was in, similar to the emotional aura that photos get when taken in a certain emotion.

Yeah, it does. I tested it after I asked the inital question. I probably should have tested before asking but I honestly didn't think of it. Thanks for the help though.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Ok.... this marks the second time I've found a good Sim to be my Sim's partner, added to household, gone into CAS to touch them up, and been surprised to find they're an alien 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Do wish they had that "link ___" thing between their forms werewolves, vampires, and mermaids do. Drives me nuts, TBH.

Also.... the mixologist at a nightclub showed up to work flirty because Love Day but then while building some friendship and getting to know her my Sim discovered she had the Unflirty trait :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Is there a way for aliens to tell Sims they're aliens? I've been having to make my aliens use their alien abilities but that impacts the relationships and gives the aliens an embarrassed moodlet and a tense one.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Ok.... this marks the second time I've found a good Sim to be my Sim's partner, added to household, gone into CAS to touch them up, and been surprised to find they're an alien 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸. Do wish they had that "link ___" thing between their forms werewolves, vampires, and mermaids do. Drives me nuts, TBH.

Also.... the mixologist at a nightclub showed up to work flirty because Love Day but then while building some friendship and getting to know her my Sim discovered she had the Unflirty trait :lol:

I find it frustrating as well to find a Sim to be my Sims partner. I usually end up creating a Sim and moving them a few houses down so they can have a chance meeting LOL
    I am not happy with Sims that my Sim meets. No one that I really want to join the household.
    Wish I could answer your question.
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2023
    Does anyone know how to resolve the infinite loading screen? Once The Sims 4 Logo appears, as of this afternoon it's stuck on the spinning plumbob. I can't even get to resume game. I removed my mods folder and repaired the game and that didn't do the trick.
  • Options
    Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Hi! Welcome to the forums! It's not on the Gallery to my knowledge. It was just a house from the original Sims 4 trailer. However, I do believe James Turner rebuilt it.
    > You can find his version here:
    > https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CD9A1B57924F11ED8F045259FFB507B1

Thank you so much 😁
  • Options
    I feel like the next CAS kit needs to be all male jeans/shorts. And good options please. Nothing ripped or torn or with patterns, patches or accessories (well maybe a chain wallet). Just straight leg, skinny, baggy, cuffed (and not rolled or enormous cuffs like the ones from Get Together). Shorts that are a proper length and some longer, baggy ones for teens. Denim shorts! What do we have to do for decent male jeans around here?! 😭

I would also like some additional formal wear for men. I know there's only so many designs, but still.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @KestralDC If you opt to keep her pale, you can always add some freckles. I got lucky, I don't have freckles, nor am I deathly pale.

I am pale but I always get told that I have "peaches and cream skin" so I am hoping that means it's ok. I don't have freckles either. My sister is more of a cool tone, she had freckles when she was a small kid, but they went away. Oh, red hair!

I realize now, I chose the wrong skin tone for my avatar. I'm not pinky-white. Nor pale, even after years of being out of the sun (doctor's orders). Skin cancer runs in my family :open_mouth: I'm more of a warm tone altogether. I got lucky, as I see it. And, at one time I used to tan beautifully, despite the red of my hair.
  • Options
    temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to resolve the infinite loading screen? Once The Sims 4 Logo appears, as of this afternoon it's stuck on the spinning plumbob. I can't even get to resume game. I removed my mods folder and repaired the game and that didn't do the trick.

Are you able to get into your game now? I just opened mine. I really hope that it's working now.
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Brd709 wrote: »

When you removed your mods folder, did you also clear your localthumbcache file?

Something else you could try is regenerate a new Sims 4 folder. Change your current one to something like The Sims 4.OLD (make sure you do the dot). Start the game so it will regenerate another folder. If it works as intended, close out the game, and put the contents of your Saves, Tray and Options into the new folder. Check it again, and if it still does as intended, put your mods back either with the 50/50 method or one at a time. This will help you narrow down if it was a mod issue or a game bug. If it's still stuck in the infinite loading loop, before adding mods, I would assume it's a bug, which will need to be reported to AHQ.

Edit: Also go the Mods section of these forums and see if any mods you use need updates. luthienrising does an awesome job updating the thread.
  • Options

Welcome to the Forums! I'm home most days of the week, too. I was a Homemaker, as I prefer to call it. Not a Housewife (not married to my house) and not a Stay-at-Home-Mom (because I wasn't always at home). I raised our three children and then babysat a grandson for a time. I have no energy to go to work these days, so I'm happy to follow my pursuits: Sims, genealogy, and writing my novels.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top