Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else find it "weird" to play with lifestages older than they are?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I've personally experienced ALL the life stages. When S1 came out I was in my early 50s! My 20 yr old daughter brought them into the house and I quickly adopted them :-) It seems I'm not very interested in playing babies, toddlers, or teens...been there, done that in r/l. So I build all the dream houses we never could've lived in...and I play very little. Like I say....been there, done that. Yeah, I'm becoming an old crab :smiley:
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2021
    Other (feel free to comment your thoughts)
    I am into family gameplay, so playing sims of any age is of no issue.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No, playing lifestages older than me doesn't bother me
    as YA myself I prefer playing as an Adult sim than YA, so no.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No. They all start as baby bumps and end as ghosts anyway.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It doesn’t bother me, but then again I’d be considered in the adult age group myself. I like to keep elder Sims involved with their grandchildren, the way my parents are with my own IRL.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Or is it just me?

This is just something I've noticed about myself and was wondering if I'm alone in it or not. Also thought it could be an interesting discussion.

I'm very much a young adult in real life (23 years old) and for some reason, I just find it super uncomfortable/weird/hard to play with adult or elder Sims. Like for some reason I just can't get as immersed in my gameplay and end up switching over to playing with one of my (many) young adult sims after only a few minutes of playing with an adult or elder sim.

Don't get me wrong, I still add them to my world where they can live, walk around, and what not, since it's more realistic that way. But I pretty much play exclusively with young adults (or teens since I plan on downloading the mod to let them quit school.) Like, I just can't actively play with adults or elders without it feeling "off."

Does anyone else feel this way? Or can you easily play with any lifestage?

I'm an adult(almost mid-30's) playing two young adults who just graduated college. I don't think it's weird.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I’m technically an adult with all life stages trapped inside of me. It’s already coded in.
    For me it goes both ways. I know exactly what it feels like to be the baby. I also know what it feels like to be at the end of my ancient live.
    I have no problem playing through the entire age range.
    It’s wonderful really, The Sims.
    I think I'm the same way. Some days are better than others energy wise so how I feel can range from decades. I've had to grow up a lot fast and think that is why I love the toddler age the most is because it was the age I wasn't able to be awake for the most due to health issues then which resulted in visiting the hospital a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2021
    @GalacticGal You are one of the coolest vet Simmer in the community. I always felt like you have been able to relate to any Simmer regardless of their age and probably why you have been one of the easiest people to talk to since I joined forums.....six years ago. Felt like yesterday I was a baby community member.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I mean I'm 27 and prefer the YA lifestage, but that's more because mentally I'm like 22.
    For the core question tho... no. I had a very close relationship with my grandparents, spent almost all summers with them and visited them every other weekend the rest of the year. So putting myself in the shoes of a senior citizen is not weird to me at all.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    No they don't bother me the only thing that does though is the weird ages from T-YA. Other than that, no it doesn't bother me.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No, but I do have a hard time starting families/saves with a sim who doesn't fit my gender preference. Even though I don't ever make a sim self type sim, my founders are usually CIS females. That said, I have no problem choosing any gender for the next generation's focus. But I nearly always start with a CIS female. She can be any preference for partners she chooses though. Straight, LGBTQ+... I feel, and always have that sims don't care what gender the person they fall in love with is.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    Other (feel free to comment your thoughts)
    @MeowchaFrappe Thank you, that's very kind of you. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    No. I don't feel the need to 'relate' to all of my sims i guess lol. It does annoy me in the way that other lifestages don't have as much to do, though, which makes me just go back to young adult anyway