Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of Hesperia - An Amazon Challenge Inspired Story (Rebooted)

Comments

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
  • Options
    Child of the Moon (1.48)

We catch up with Callianassa.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    OH! Callianassa grew up nicely. How much do she and Marcella look alike? (Since they do have the same father, eh wot?)
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »
    OH! Callianassa grew up nicely. How much do she and Marcella look alike? (Since they do have the same father, eh wot?)

I can neither confirm nor deny that, but they do look VERY alike.
  • Options
    How iiiiiiiiinteresting. 🤔
  • Options

I wonder what will happen if they ever stood next to each other...
  • Options

Not gonna lie. Been waiting for that moment for a couple of chapters now. :D

• Options

Not gonna lie. Been waiting for that moment for a couple of chapters now. :D

It'll be a good long while before that happens, but I have my plans.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    The Newcomers (1.49)

Thank you to @MrsRacooney for Kallisto and Meleagre!
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    1.47: What a brave decision of Polgara to make! But she's right, her daughter will be well-cared for. And I think she chose the way that will make her prouder in the end. She will have a well-trained daughter AND future generations can praise her for raising the first princess.
    1.48: Poor Callianassa. Of course she is traumatized, but I also think it's good for her to see that she isn't the only one. When you're young, you often don't have that view on other people. It's not until later that you find out that everyone has their own burden they're carrying around. If she manages to see that, she will make an exceptional sister of the moon!
    1.49: I was thinking that maybe, Molpe would like to see the Kallisto before allowing her to be the provider but maybe she still does. It was the better way to ask Molpe first if they even need one, then bring Kallisto to Hesperia. Even though she seems friendly, she could still be an enemy after all. You have to be careful when you're not a lot of people.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Yay! A puppers!
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney
    1.47 - She's training the woman who will raise her child, girl or boy, even if it ends up being a hard path to take. It's a rough choice, but the right one for a Provider to make.
    1.48 - I think she really will make an excellent priestess, though I think she'll always have a little spark of temper. But in a way, I think that's why Camilla likes her - she's very much like how Camilla used to be when she was young, and Camilla is trying to give her what she was given back then. However, Camilla really has a temper of her own. And you're right - it's easy to be selfish at that age.
    1.49 - Molpe will be meeting with Kallisto first, make no mistake. Meda is hopeful, because she knows that they need more members of the tribe, but Molpe will be the one making the decision. I intend to have Molpe keep a close eye on Kallisto for now...

@Haflinger

Yes, a lovely pupper donated in by MrsRacooney! I'm very happy with Meleagre, I spent a little bit of time having Kallisto play with her before I took any screenshots.
  • Options
    Ha, seems like the welcome wagon wasn't so welcoming after all :D Well, rightfully so. Molpe must be careful and she truly is.
    I was grinning when Kallisto was questioned. Her answers were kind of suspicious but also funny. Basically, "Where are you from?" and she answers with "From my family." "And who is that family?" "We're blood related" LOL
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney

Kallisto is one smart cookie, and Molpe knows she can't really press her on this kind of thing just yet, but you BET she'll be keeping a close eye on her.
  • Options
    Kallisto to me seems like she fits the Deadpan Snarker trope pretty well. Can’t wait to see more of her. And the pupper.
  • Options
    Kallisto to me seems like she fits the Deadpan Snarker trope pretty well. Can’t wait to see more of her. And the pupper.

Mele is a very good pupper, and Kallisto has snark by the ton! Can't wait to take more screenshots of her and write more chapters featuring her, honestly.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the update!

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    And here I was, wondering why no Amazon Challenge story updates any more... lol. And then you did it! (How did I miss the other update, though? :neutral: )

1.51: I feel like Anikka is very protective of Marcella. It's kind of cute, like a big sister. And why not? Molpe did her best to be a good sister and she certainly is, but Anikka has probably spent more time with Marcella than with her actual sister. And probably more relaxed time, anyway.
    Lol. Of course a newcomer would be the topic for days. I can imagine there's not much else happening when you live so remote.

1.52: Lol WHAT. Molpe seems like a decent storyteller, first the story that has a morale at the end and then the one that is actually funny. "Let me tell you how my aunt fell into the same pond..." LOL
    Polgara is such a wonderful friend, it is heartwarming. However, I think she is absolutely right. Anikka may be wise in terms of knowledge and the ways of the world, Polgara's wise in social aspects. As I said earlier, Molpe was a good sister but she also was Anikka's mother, to some extent. Because Anikka still needed a mother when they left, she was way younger than Molpe. And the queen filled that spot, probably without ever realizing. It robbed them of some of the sisterly interactions, just messing around together, having fun. In that regard, I think Anikka growing up may prove very precious for both of them. They're on similar levels now and can finally be sisters again. Giving advice to each other, being there, understanding the world of the other one (a child would never fully understand the world of an adult and the other way round). And they can still fool around with each other, since all of us know that having fun doesn't end with your teenage years ;) And I mean, Anikka won't be in the palace any more but she will still live close-by. And what is one queen for if not ordering one's sister to come for a visit? :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney

1.51 - Anikka is very much like a big sister/best friend to Marcella. After all, she's seen Marcella grow up from a toddler, and Marcella does very much look up to her as both the princess and an older peer. Plus, Anikka has more confidence, so she definitely leads things. And yes, Kallisto is the talk of the town!

1.52 - Molpe is slowly relaxing into the role of queen these days, as she's stopped worrying quite so much if she's doing the right thing. Thaleia is her first daughter, and she can genuinely get to enjoy being around her as much as she pleases, too, so she has a new aspect to her life.

Polgara has been trained in part how to be wise, but also how to give good advice when it comes to the young girls who are or have been in her care. She's trained to think of what they need, and guide them in that direction, however she might privately feel, and it's that advice from a Provider that a queen often needs, in my head.

Like you said, Molpe has been like a mother to her sister, and the bond they should have is beginning to reform somewhat now that Anikka is older, but Molpe is still hesitant to move forward. As the first queen of the tribe, she has a heavy weight on her shoulders and no former queen to look to. She can't copy her mother, she has to find her own path, and the stresses of private life get to her a little more because of that. But I think Anikka will always be someone she can lean on, and so will Polgara.
  • Options
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    So happy you are writing again! I enjoy this story so much. You are a talented writer and I relish every word.