Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of Hesperia - An Amazon Challenge Inspired Story (Rebooted)

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited July 2023
    1.96: Lol yeah, better check the boat before the departure. We have no good experiences with princesses (or queens, for that matter) who go missing with the boats of other people :grimace:

1.97: Each time we see Callianassa, I think how much she resembles her father. It's probably good that she lives in a place now where no one knew him. This way, she can lead a life that is not burdened by her appearance. Not a constant reminder of what her parents did, you know?

1.98: It's good that Thaleia has her own ideas on how to improve the situation for the tribe and its members, and it's equally good that she accepts advice. Both is necessary until she's come to an age and wisdom that allows her to see the best for herself. The time without her mother will be crucial for her development, though

1.99: Hebe seems to be under a lot of pressure. Who can blame her? And pressure changes, some get formed into a diamond, and some are just pressed out

1.100: Hypatia is such a fitting name for the daughter of a scholar, hehe

1.104: Ah, man. I feel you, girl. Honey cakes are nice, but so are fruits, actually. Nothing is better than fruits on a hot summer day, it even gives you the water that you need

1.105: Oh, man. That is tough. But I guess people always want what they can't have and I can fully understand that Odysseus doesn't want to endure the pain that lies ahead of him. He has thought this through very thoroughly and I think Molpe accepts his request because she sees that, too.
    edit: he will be missed! :bawling:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @MrsRacooney

Thank you so much for reading!

1.96 Alcippe was so fun to write, and I'm a little sad we don't see her as often as the other characters. But yes, checking the boats is always a good idea.

1.97 Queen Clodia really did a lot for Callianassa, even if it was a sad event at the time. By dedicating her to the Goddess, she ensured she would have a clean slate and be free of judgement no matter what. Glauce, on the other hand, will get no such treatment. And yes, she looks stunningly like her father!

1.98 Yes, exactly! I think she's going to make a very wise queen in time, and be an excellent heiress until then, giving support to her mother. The tribe's growing quickly, so Molpe does need some help there.

1.99 She really is. I've tried to make it clear, but Clodia was queen during a time of war, and provided support to many of the surrounding smaller tribes. Her legacy is a lot to live up to, and Hebe has always been the quiet, dutiful heiress. Proving she can be a queen like her mother is rough.

1.100 I know! I actually found the name on TikTok - I was going to name her Xanthe beforehand, but the For You page just decided to change the course of things.

1.103 I actually looked up diets and recipes for this chapter, and someone had made an approximate honey cake that looked delicious. A lot of their references relied on Cerberus, because apparently Best Pupper is VERY fond of honey cakes and can be bribed easily with them.

1.104 Yeah, this has been planned for a while. I did drop some hints, but Odysseus has been simmering away like a forgotten pot for a while, and he just can't handle the idea of living through a life like that. I've tweaked the storyline I had planned for him a little, but I'm looking forward to this next arc.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Loved hearing Odysseus's story!
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @telemwill

Thank you! It'll be an interesting arc for sure.