Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have I messed up Sulani Festivals?

I just found out about Sulani Festivals. I think I may have messed them up by making changes to the original Ohan'ali Beach and the Sand Bar.

I just discovered cheats for the festivals - but they are not working.
https://www.tribalsoupproject.com/island-living-cheats.html

Or maybe I am not using the cheat right.

Attn: @Gagea

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    As far as I know, the festivals in Sulani take place off lot. So changing community lots shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @MDianaSims - thanks - that helps a lot. I just don't see the festivals - no notices - so I wasn't sure what was happening.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,383 Member
    The Sulani festivals don't have notices like the San Myshuno festivals do. You just have to spot them yourself when they happen. And they don't occur on a regular schedule, so it's just hit or miss whether you happen to be in the area when one starts happening.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow - it is too much hit or miss. Really. There should be some notices.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They're just really hit and miss. Unless your sim is living in the town area or happens to be there at the right time they'll miss it.

If you use mods there's this mod which gives you a notification when the events are happening similar to in City Living:
    https://scarletsmods.com/2019/09/04/island-event-notifications-enabled/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,762 Member
    There really should be some notice, especially for households in that neighborhood. But no, you have to be watching for them. My sims live on the lot that was originally a beach and I have caught only one festival so far.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,076 Member
    @Daephene
    Hi :)

If your family lives at that lot,and you are not wanting/cannot to use the mod @Onverser posted , just look for the balloons and flags what are located at the backround of that lot when ever there are festivals :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 442 Member
    Well, this is the first I'm hearing of Sulani festivals. Good to know.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,897 Member
    As far as I've seen, the festivals show up on the same day every week, and approximately the same time. (TC = Town center)

Family Fun Day - 9am - 4pm - Usually seen this on Sundays, on the beach by the fishing spot, look for swings and towels/lounge chairs
    Towne BBQ - Mondays 4pm – 10pm - TC
    Flower & Music - Tuesdays 1pm – 7pm - TC
    Town Potluck - Wednesdays 6pm – 12pm - TC
    Island Celebration - Thursdays 9am – 12pm - TC
    Beach Bonfire Fridays 6pm – 12pm - TC
    Fishing Tournament Saturdays 12pm – 9pm - At the fishing spot

They are still happening, although I haven't really looked for them in a long time. Some times I just happen to catch it. They're not interesting enough for me to keep an eye out.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    As far as I've seen, the festivals show up on the same day every week, and approximately the same time. (TC = Town center)

Family Fun Day - 9am - 4pm - Usually seen this on Sundays, on the beach by the fishing spot, look for swings and towels/lounge chairs
    Towne BBQ - Mondays 4pm – 10pm - TC
    Flower & Music - Tuesdays 1pm – 7pm - TC
    Town Potluck - Wednesdays 6pm – 12pm - TC
    Island Celebration - Thursdays 9am – 12pm - TC
    Beach Bonfire Fridays 6pm – 12pm - TC
    Fishing Tournament Saturdays 12pm – 9pm - At the fishing spot

They are still happening, although I haven't really looked for them in a long time. Some times I just happen to catch it. They're not interesting enough for me to keep an eye out.

Wait what do they do at the town potluck? Thanks for the schedule I should try to go to those festivals with the family who lives in Sulani.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Wow. I didn't even know these existed. The very first sim I created lived in Sulani, and I never saw any of this stuff happening. They really do need to have pop-ups to announce when and where it's happening. It's disappointing to know that they're not that interesting.
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    The Sulani festivals don't have notices like the San Myshuno festivals do. You just have to spot them yourself when they happen. And they don't occur on a regular schedule, so it's just hit or miss whether you happen to be in the area when one starts happening.

Wow, that’s so lame.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I like that there are no notices. Sure it's harder to make it to the festival, but it also gives it a secluded vibe, different to CL festivals. Like you would almost need to be local to even know about them and as a traveler you're just extremely lucky to catch one. It will get easier though once we can have rental lots on the area.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. My solution is to move my main family to another location so I can see the flags/balloons when festivals start. Looking for good base houses in the gallery to give me a head-start.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @Kathykins Thanks so much for that schedule, I saved it that way I can "plan" on when to go to Sulani. My current game the person does not live there.
  • Options
    @Chicklet453681 - I moved my main family so they can see the festivals. The schedule was not working for me.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I noticed when it was time for the festival on a few occasions that the lot was empty until my sims walked on the lot and then everything showed up
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,897 Member
    Wait what do they do at the town potluck? Thanks for the schedule I should try to go to those festivals with the family who lives in Sulani.

Its a bonfire/kava drinking cooking festival. Sims cook with the BBQ pit and eat/drink, basically.

Its absolutely easiest to spot the festivals if your sim lives in Ohan'ali Town
  • Options
    I moved by family to be able to see the festivals from their home. So far they have seen 1.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 674 Member
    There is a mod that notifies you ehen the sulani festivals happen. I used to have it but I dont font if it is updated.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    There is a mod that notifies you ehen the sulani festivals happen. I used to have it but I dont font if it is updated.

Do you have a link to this mod? If love to use it in my current play through as I'm living on Mua Pel'am so miss everything :(.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    I moved by family to be able to see the festivals from their home. So far they have seen 1.
    Me either will actually I saw one but my sims they are sisters had a day at the beach as teens and I just happen to see one.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641