Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Star Wars the best game pack ever for the Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    Those who bought and played and having fun with star wars pack are most likely already star wars fans to begin with.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    this pack has been horribly received and the reviews are almost all negative

Nope, the positivity thread is thriving and is 63 pages long with over 1600 comments. :)

It has almost twice as many comments as the complaining thread which was started around the same time.

I am too lazy to check, but I wonder how many negative comments got removed, which never seems to happen to positive comments even in cases where the commenter is being rude. Wonder why that is?😔

Because these threads are dedicated to either the positive or the negative of the pack, very few or none of the posters of either thread go to the other just to cause trouble. It think it’s been quite respectful overall.

Ive seen quite a few of 'positive' people go to a negative thread just to bash the people there and purposefuly derailing the thread to get closed and it's always the same persons.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've been enjoying it very much, and I really love the additions we got with the BB and CAS. I was wanting something odd and unusual with a Science Fiction vibe, and this definitely fills the bill! It's already one of my favorite packs and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Is it the best pack ever? I can't answer that for 2 reasons: 1) because I don't have them all, and 2) it would depend on what story mode I am in the mood for on any given day. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I think it goes Perfectly with tS4 and it's game play. Fun for all ages. :lol:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    izecson wrote: »
    Those who bought and played and having fun with star wars pack are most likely already star wars fans to begin with.

I loved SW but why do people love SW? Because they wanted to have the force, be a Jedi. I could understand if The Sims had a pack about becoming a jedi (maybe) but this didn't do that. So I don't understand why I should love it, without an actual force, and or actual foes, who can cut my arm off with a lightsaber, and or I can't train with Yoda to become a Jedi. Just doesn't make sense to me, unless it's just an ad for Disney's park. Heck they could have saved their money if it's an ad for Disney, and just put ads in the game to visit Disney parks.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

I loved SW but why do people love SW? Because they wanted to have the force, be a Jedi.

I dunno. @Cinebar. I wanted Force Lightning and to.be a Sith.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No, that would be TS 2 Free Time. 👍

Amen! In TS4 terms I'd say "Jungle Adventures" The world is stunning, there is lots to do, skills to learn, stuff (some of it quite powerful) to find to bring home and use in whatever way, friends to relate to, real food to eat, and there are several ways of tending to bodily needs
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    It’s just a pack, so depends if you like that kind of theme or not.

I’m more annoyed and turned off by the toxic negative parts of the community than the actual pack. (I love Star Wars.)

Edited to add: My most favorite pack, hmmm... I love various features of packs, so my favorites are going to be Seasons, Parenthood, Vampires, and Get Together, and maybe Dine Out.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes, the best pack to ticked off majority of the sims community who didn't ask for it.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes, the best pack to ticked off majority of the sims community who didn't ask for it.

People love this 95k dislikes image. However, it also shows 1000677 views.

We know only 95k disliked it, and only 39k liked it. That leaves 866677 people totally unaccounted for. Sure there's more dislikes than likes but there is a massive number of "we don't know". They could go either way. The number of unaccounted for views far exceeds even both votes combined. I'd be more impressed if the numbers added up, then we would know for sure that the "majority didn't ask for it".
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

We know only 95k disliked it, and only 39k liked it. That leaves 866677 people totally unaccounted for. Sure there's more dislikes than likes but there is a massive number of "we don't know". They could go either way. The number of unaccounted for views far exceeds even both votes combined. I'd be more impressed if the numbers added up, then we would know for sure that the "majority didn't ask for it".

okay, there's people who liked and people who didn't. but even if the "majority" liked it, it's a fact that devs had to deliver some kind of apology letter because there should never be such a big amount of people disliking on a pack regarding the people who liked it. the situation of the game is not good and shouldn't be ignored just because there's people that "still like it".
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

Views do not mean how many individuals but how many repeated looking or linking. More than likely those who voted up or down were likely players and not people just looking. I might look at a lot of stuff if someone links it, and have no interest in the subject at all. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.