Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumored Star Wars Pack Poll

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Nah
    Stat Wars isn't my thing.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    It depends. I want some usable CAS/BB and another planet to live on but not to be invaded by Star Wars content or play at Star Wars gameplay. But I also think it might be a Star Wars + theme park because the logo looks exactly like Galaxy Edge, and a theme park could be a lot of fun.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Nah
    Completely and utterly hate it. After 6 years we are still missing so many long requested features - cars, hobbies, hotels, farming, more family gameplay, better personalities, etc- and it looks like the devs have decided to give us this. If it does turn out to be a SW/sci fi pack it confirms to me just how tone deaf they have become and how out of touch they have grown from their hardcore fan base.
  • Options
    Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    Nah
    Not a fan of SW. Not that it's bad, just not for me. And I don't really have an interest in a space pack in general either. I'd much prefer a romance pack, or theme park. Something that has potential to add more life to the sims themselves or gives them something to do that isn't already in the game. So it's a no from me.
  • Options
    AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    Nah
    I don't think it will actually be straight-up star wars with all the characters and lore (even though there IS clearly a reference ingame with that yoda statue..) but it's probable that it may be space themed, I won't rule it out completely
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    It super depends on how they do it. The icon looks pretty directly inspired off the Disney theme park location of Batuu. If it's inspired by this place and is more of a 'look, you can go to this neat space outpost and do neat space things' that could be interesting. But if it's 'take your sims to the Batuu theme park and go on rides and buy toys and take pictures with Star Wars characters' then...no. Geek Con in City Living more than fills my want of having photo-ops with costumed people.

I want it to be actual space, and an actual space outpost. I hope that's what they're doing and it'll be inspired by/designed to emulate the location of Batuu. Because if you read up on Batuu, it sounds really interesting! A world of jungle and ocean, with the remains of old petrified trees forming tall spires. Location-wise, it sounds fascinating. But for me, I really want it to be an in-space-doing-space-things location, and not a going-to-a-theme-park location. Even if it IS in space, I don't want this pack to be where we get theme park content.

I'm okay with the Star Wars costumes in the base game, that's fun and I like the cosplaying at the convention a lot. But overall I really don't care for other brands/licenses crossing into The Sims. Side note, I'm basically 100% certain this is what's coming. Star Wars fans can pick out Star Wars imagery from a mile away. (I've been wrong many times before, but I'm pretty solid with this one.)

I usually love Game Packs, though. So I'm waiting to see what will happen. I'm immensely curious as to how they're going to do it and I will always wait until I see it in action before I make any decisions/finalize any opinions, even with my initial reaction being not so great.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Nah
    Loved Star Wars but don't want it in my game. That being said if it is the next game pack I will wait on the sidelines to see how it is done before purchasing. Or at least see what it offers in terms of gameplay & objects.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    Completely and utterly hate it. After 6 years we are still missing so many long requested features - cars, hobbies, hotels, farming, more family gameplay, better personalities, etc- and it looks like the devs have decided to give us this. If it does turn out to be a SW/sci fi pack it confirms to me just how tone deaf they have become and how out of touch they have grown from their hardcore fan base.

To be fair, I’d place money on this being less “the devs decided” and more on Disney swooping down upon EA and being like, “That’s a nice IP we’re sharing with you there. Wouldn’t want something to... happen to it. So anyway we have a new theme park and you’ll be making a tie in pack, won’t you?”

That isn’t to say it won’t be good. The Disney corporation is a masterclass in cross-promotion and getting people to pay to be advertised to and love it. From the Emmy they won for their “documentary” about the creation of Disneyland (it was... an hour long commercial for Disneyland) back in the 50s
    to all the ABC sitcoms having their characters go to Disneyland in the 90s to the parks themselves, which are advertisements for their movies, which are in turn advertisements for their merch and parks in a giant ouroboros of profitability.

It’s arguably sinister, but it wouldn’t work if the results weren’t at least with some regularity (not always) actually also fun. So this doesn’t mean this won’t be a good pack. It’s just also blatant advertising.

Anyway, I would bet this was less a choice made by the devs and more a choice made by the corporate overlords the devs are employed by.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Nah
    Not at all. Not only do I not really care for Star Wars (just isn't my thing), but I also wouldn't be too happy with yet another SciFi/Fantasy GP. Both of the last two GPs have been those kinds of packs and they are pretty niche. I know Star Wars isn't niche, so I'm sure it would be a success for EA, but meh.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    I do not believe it is a Star Wars Pack.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yah
    @BariSaxy wrote: »
    Not at all. Not only do I not really care for Star Wars (just isn't my thing), but I also wouldn't be too happy with yet another SciFi/Fantasy GP.Both of the last two GPs have been those kinds of packs and they are pretty niche.

I just don’t get this. GPs are the only packs that can totally focus on sci-fi and fantasy. And there isn’t that much available for fantasy players. You do realize they exist yes?
    EPs and SPS primarily offer realistic gameplay. Most GPS are pretty realistic too. Any occult or fantasy element can easily be ignored in these packs. If the previous realism packs are also not your thing, well that’s a shame and I hope you’ll be happier with the next realistic pack. But that doesn’t mean the fantasy folks can’t get something they are interested in. I would be delighted if a pack came out that offered more family gameplay, because I’m aware that a majority of players would love that, even if it’s not my thing. ;)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Nah
    Not to mention the non-realistic packs usually go out of their way to hide the supernatural things - spellcasters look completely human, can't cast spells, have almost no witchy clothes and the Magic Realm is hidden away. Vampires just hiss and dress like goth kids. StrangerVille's weirdness is minuscule and can be turned off at the end. You rarely run into skeletons, and won't naturally see them at all outside of Selvadorada. Aliens are usually disguised. Mermaids are hidden unless you go out of your way to expose them, and they were originally in hidden households before being patched in.

This could be the first occult-oriented Sims 4 pack where occult fans don't have to compromise just to appeal to realism players.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    Would you be interested in a Star Wars pack?

I'm undecided. I'll need to see the trailer.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    Waiting for announcement

Hopefully this pack will help Maxis convince EA to give them more money for other packs that fans want. A Star Wars pack will no doubt make Disney happy which EA are partnered with.

After Eco Lifestyle though... I am not so sure.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    Personally, real-life brands are something that really doesn't have a place in The Sims, with it having taken place in an alternate universe. And, it doesn't seem to mesh with the franchise. I never use the "free" SW content anyway. Only time it shows up is at GeekCon when townies are cosplaying, but that's it. And if it is a gamepack, look for another tiny, half-baked world with limited use. Strangerville anyone?

And, I see it more based on the films produced and released by Lucasfilm under Disney; not Lucasfilm/George Lucas. While I've only recently got into Star Wars, but I've watched the original films since I was a kid. And while I'll admit, Rogue One is probably one of the better films I've watched, I can definitely tell a Disney influence with their values and beliefs.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Nah
    I am a huge star wars nerd but I don't want it in the sims....no thank you! I hope it isn't boring into the future. I still don't understand the hype around that. In Sims 3, I thought it was the worse pack lol
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yah
    Why not, there is a lot of awesome build/buy content alone from that kind of star wars universe.
    And a Jedi lifestate would be sweet as.
    It's never been done so why not give it a try.
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    Nah
    Only if it’s a Star Wars theme park vacation world our Sims can visit. Otherwise, hard pass.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    I wait for an official announcement. I would love some sci-fi content but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

I would prefer a more generic space pack over a star wars one. But I'd be happy with either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Waiting for announcement
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    Waiting to see a bit more info. I'm torn because I would like a space world (to live in preferably) and if it was just a space based pack I'd be excited.

However I'm not a fan of star wars. So it depends how much exactly is drawn from it. If its just a location, some light sabers and some minor bits then sure. If I have to play star wars I won't be happy. I want to be able to create my own lots, sims and make the world my own and play it as a space pack, and pretend star wars doesn't exist.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    I just don’t get this. GPs are the only packs that can totally focus on sci-fi and fantasy. And there isn’t that much available for fantasy players. You do realize they exist yes?

EPs and SPS primarily offer realistic gameplay. Most GPS are pretty realistic too. Any occult or fantasy element can easily be ignored in these packs. If the previous realism packs are also not your thing, well that’s a shame and I hope you’ll be happier with the next realistic pack. But that doesn’t mean the fantasy folks can’t get something they are interested in. I would be delighted if a pack came out that offered more family gameplay, because I’m aware that a majority of players would love that, even if it’s not my thing. ;)

I don't get where you're getting this idea that GPs are the only packs that can focus on Sci-Fi/fantasy. Is that something that the developers said?

The last two GPs IN A ROW have been Sci-Fi/fantasy, and so it seems excessive to do a third in a row.

Just take a look at the polls around for whether people want this pack or not. It's pretty clear that the majority don't.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    This appears to be another money grab. Target a certain group and make a ton of $$$ just like the Perry expansion. Have your Star Wars but please fix the issues first. The garden is still broken and baby is trapped.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yah
    @BariSaxy
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    I don't get where you're getting this idea that GPs are the only packs that can focus on Sci-Fi/fantasy. Is that something that the developers said?
    The previous GP's prove that. Vampires. StrangerVille. RoM. Those focus very much on one specific occult or 'alien' theme that you can't really find in an EP or SP. They scrapped that since GTW and IL's Mermaids don't count. I can't see them around and they don't even have their own underwater world. Because, like you said, it's niche.
    The last two GPs IN A ROW have been Sci-Fi/fantasy, and so it seems excessive to do a third in a row.
    So would you like it to be an EP instead? I don't mind. Bring it on.
    Just take a look at the polls around for whether people want this pack or not. It's pretty clear that the majority don't.
    You answered your own question there. Because the majority doesn't want it, it's nice that the minority can get a Game Pack. Not a Stuff pack, not an Expansion Pack, so let's meet in the middle. Game Pack.

Sounds Fair? I think so.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    The previous GP's prove that. Vampires. StrangerVille. RoM. Those focus very much on one specific occult or 'alien' theme that you can't really find in an EP or SP. They scrapped that since GTW and IL's Mermaids don't count. I can't see them and they don't even have their own underwater world. Because, like you said, it's niche.

Just because something has been a pattern so far doesn't mean it always will be that way. The Sims 3 had a whole Expansion Pack for occults, which was completely unheard of before then.
    So would you like it to be an EP instead? I don't mind. Bring it on.

Nope. I don't want this theme at all. But if it had to happen, I would have preferred it at least a couple of Game Packs down the line, so it's less of an onslaught of this kind of stuff.
    You answered your own question there. Because the majority doesn't want it, it's nice that the minority can get a Game Pack. Not a Stuff pack, not an Expansion Pack, so let's meet in the middle. Game Pack.

Sounds Fair? I think so.

The majority don't want it. Period.
    OO2UdmJ.png