Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumored Star Wars Pack Poll

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Rumored Star Wars Pack Poll 231 votes

Yah
23%
alan650111IceyJrudolphaCamkatrazmo99simgirl1010Moon_Willowalanmichael1kemoweryAncientMuseKaeChan2089purplestarz2006mlmeadowsRinskClassicalSimjcp011c2BabykittyjadeGracieO312magalifeenstraCAPTAIN_NXR7 54 votes
Nah
52%
Bluegayleauroraael14CK213catmom1987rudy8292Kita5399IcewolfJaseIrishSimmer21sketchesalexspoom13aprilroseaelias24lisamwittPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannAlrynnmcruddkeekee53Thomo 122 votes
Waiting for announcement
23%
crocobaurabandit5Cabelle1863Isb917wickichickJestTruluthienrisingcatloverplayersimmietimekiwi84DaraviFLauriebixtersSakuske1MoonfoxNightcrydoogeriekristenleighwhiteAnnLee87Ivyeyedrjssim 55 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yah
    Yes please!
    I've been a Star Wars fan since 1980.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Yah
    Can't wait for it.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Yah
    I dont like star wars but it would mean space ships and I like sims 4 space ships
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2020
    Waiting for announcement
    Depends what the items and gameplay actually entails.

(As my roommate said this morning, “if I can have droids or do more in space, that’s fun I guess. But what I don’t want is pop-ups in the corner like ‘Poe Dameron is requesting your aid!’ or whatever. Like I don’t want Kylo Ren wandering into bars and flirting with Candy Behr.’”)

I can absolutely imagine the version of this I would enjoy. There’s a lot of fun aesthetic in SW and I love scifi. I can also imagine a version I’d hate. I’m gonna wait for gameplay trailers.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yah
    Yes... I would be interested, but depends what is in it. I'm not a supernatural type player so I would hope for things for realistic style players too. If it could include light sabers for kids, star wars posters, tshirts and models for our geeks, a small telescope, constallation and planet tracking, naming stars, astronomy hobby etc etc... they you bet I'm interested!!!! If it is all aliens and robots living on a planet and has NOTHING for realistic players then, oh well, not my thing I'd probably just save money and wait for the next pack, but if there's any chance of the stuff above then, yes please! I would LOVE it!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    not something i particularly want, i like the first three original star wars but i dont care for the state of the franchise as it is now owned by disney, not a fan. im fine with the free content in updates but i really would not wanna pay 20 bucks for this.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yah
    Absolutely. I love Star Wars and honestly, with EA having the license to make Star Wars games, I'm not very surprised if there is in fact a SW pack coming.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yah
    A pack I MAY be eager for , for once <3 Please be SWs <3.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Nah
    Please no! I am not a fan of Stars Wars, so I really hope it's not the theme of our next GP. Sorry, I know I'm probably in the minority. I just don't see the appeal of a pack based on one particular franchise. I wouldn't mind a broader space themed pack though, even if it still wouldn't be my first choice. I just want something original and versatile to support my own storytelling. I will try to keep an open mind for now until we know more.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    I love Star Wars and have from its beginning but I’m not getting too invested in what is purely speculation at this point.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Nah
    If it's true, then it will be yet another pack to skip.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yah
    I saw the original in theaters when I was six, and haven't missed a theatrical release since - including the spin offs.

I own the complete William Shakespeare's Star Wars.

I played in the Extended Universe before it existed.

While I don't normally like real brands in my Sims, we've already got Star Wars costumes and The Child.

May as well dive in to one of my favorite franchises head first.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Nah
    I want a space pack, but I don't have an interest in Star Wars. I never even saw the movies. Plus, visiting locations and characters from another franchise would be immersion-breaking and mess up a lot of the storytelling for me.

If it's just Star Wars-inspired though, I could live with it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Nah
    I don't even want the free Star Wars content in my game no way do I want a pack dedicated to this horrible franchise.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nah
    Ugh, no. I don't want real-life brands in my game.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    I am interested, but there are a few ways this could go that would be less exciting for me. I'd be more interested in a generic "explore space" than Star Wars specifically, but depending how they do it I might really like the Star Wars elements.

What I really want:
    -A map on a different habitable planet that feels really alien!
    -An upgrade to the Alien lifestate
    -Some Alien critters, maybe something as a new pet?
    -Really bizarre build items!

I just hope it isn't just a bunch of costumes of characters, but brings in some really unique gameplay elements. I'm also thinking this pack might be a Star Wars amusement park, and not actually space travel, and I'm much less interested in that.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    Nope! EA and Disney killed Star Wars with left wing politics and greedy loot crates and live services. Have no interest in the clearly dead IP. Even Disney knows they made mistakes with Episode 7,8, and 9 along with Solo. The Mary Sue, Rey was also the worst Star Wars lead character. They disrespected the original trilogy and butchered and killed off Luke, Han, C3PO, and Leia.
    Also its a licensed Game Pack then, which means in time when EA loses the license they'll have to remove all traces of Star Wars from The Sims 4, including the game pack. What's the point? Its a dead franchise that's the but of the joke.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    I have never watched any of the movies so I have absolutely no interest in this possibly being the next GP.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Waiting for announcement
    If it is Star Wars themed I don’t know how I feel about it. I’m not against occult/sci-fi stuff in the game (I love strangerville and mermaids). I’m interested to see how they can implement Star Wars into the game as it’s such a niche concept. Now if it’s a space pack based off Star Wars then I can see how that would work. I’m not against either concept but I would struggle to fit it into my gameplay style. Also I am intrigued at the same time. I wish there was a don’t know option as I would have picked that.
  • BubbleFanBubbleFan Posts: 12 New Member
    Nah
    Are you guys forgetting the Sims is rated for teen?? There’s no way EA would bring war, weapons, assassins and well, actual VIOLENCE into the Sims.

Space travel, that could be a thing for sure. But never actual Star Wars. That would be rated mature.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yah
    Don't like star wars but imagine te sweet possibilities!!!! I doubt it would be a straight up star wars replica. And even if it is still I'm super interested in the space, scifi, dystopian, other worldly planet, fantasy possibilities and I weep with joy!!😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yah
    BubbleFan wrote: »
    Are you guys forgetting the Sims is rated for teen?? There’s no way EA would bring war, weapons, assassins and well, actual VIOLENCE into the Sims.

Space travel, that could be a thing for sure. But never actual Star Wars. That would be rated mature.

Star Wars has toned down for kids , teens, etc in the later years...it's possible.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yah
    BubbleFan wrote: »

I'm not sure if you're having a (not undeserved) go at how the Sims has kept to the lighter end of the T rating, or if you really think that violence is unacceptable for a teen rated market. I mean, what rating did the Star Wars movies get around you? Because in the US they're PG or PG-13.

Anyway, just including Star Wars isn't automatically bringing the darker elements of the franchise into the game. Continuing with the guess that it's based on Batuu and Galaxy's Edge, it will be based on an actual Disney Park. Where kids go. Not just teens, kids. There is implied danger, but no actual violence. And they used to do a Jedi training academy where you were supposed to end by taking on Darth Vader. And yes, this was for kids.

So bringing in Star Wars isn't necessarily going to bring in "real" violence and war to the Sims.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nah
    No, I just don’t get the appeal, and I’ve watched the films. It’s meh. If it is SW related, I’ll be skipping the pack. If they just recolor stuff from what they’ve already given us, I’ll want to see people complaining about that as they always do. Not because it’s SW’s they’ll be like it’s okay. Yeah, we already got SW items in the game unfortunately, but they need to bring new items, not recolor everything we have.
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    Yah
    I really hope there will be a pack that is Star Wars themed, especially after the poll asking which brands we'd like to see collabs with.