Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing unbearable

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    UkuleleKatUkuleleKat Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a lot of the issues you posted and now I've started having a problem since installing Nifty Knitting. When I queue tasks up for my sims, they'll start to do them and then just stand there, frozen, for nearly a sim hour before carrying out the task. It's so frustrating. I tried taking out my mods folder, relocating them to a different house, repairing the game, resetting them individually. I just don't know what to do anymore. It renders the game unplayable for me because they take so long to do anything because they freeze mid-task.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Every time I try and get back into S4, the endless list of bugs I run into kills the game for me.

If EA could just focus a little more on playtesting, this game might not have so many issues. Obviously something needs to be done because right now it feels like there is 0 playtesting before these patches and packs are pushed out. On top of that, it seems old bugs are just swept under the rug assuming the majority won't care about older content. Popular well-known creators complain about cosmetic things (examples: door swatches, planters, cowplant naming) and EA swiftly patches those things in but bugs are either ignored or players must wait a while before anything is done. I realize there are different teams that do different things but bugs need priority over cosmetic "fixes" and free content. It doesn't feel like they are on top of this.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SimplyJen

same here if I keep going at this rate I will end up with my sims 1 complete collection on an ancient laptop left to play :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    There are bugs that should definitely be fixed from the recent packs.

I've also noticed the potty-training issue and the throwing dirty plates on a coffee table. I always direct them to wash the plates so it's not as big a deal, but yes. There have been some minor performance issues, mostly ones I can get around but yes, there are bugs in need of patching.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Every time I try and get back into S4, the endless list of bugs I run into kills the game for me.

If EA could just focus a little more on playtesting, this game might not have so many issues. Obviously something needs to be done because right now it feels like there is 0 playtesting before these patches and packs are pushed out. On top of that, it seems old bugs are just swept under the rug assuming the majority won't care about older content. Popular well-known creators complain about cosmetic things (examples: door swatches, planters, cowplant naming) and EA swiftly patches those things in but bugs are either ignored or players must wait a while before anything is done. I realize there are different teams that do different things but bugs need priority over cosmetic "fixes" and free content. It doesn't feel like they are on top of this.

THIS

You mean to tell me that they have an entire QA department that is checking the quality of the game but not a single one tested the sharing is caring NAP on a community lot? Or did not notice the fact that the insect farm was impossible to take care of?

And when we do get patching, sometimes they are so bad, I don't want to call them lazy, but what do you call something like this?

Made a correction on the health status text for insects in the Insect Farms. Insects are not actually “Dead” if Simmers neglect them, but they become “Miserable.” Treat them right.

Wow, good job there, that must have been really difficult to change.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I noticed the lag when entering/exiting build and buy mode as well, but i open other things sometimes while i am playing so i thought that could be the reason.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I dont have eco lifestyle but have the garden and potty training issues. My sims eat in front of the fridge and block the rest of the family from cooking and eating. It used to be just children who wouldnt change out of their pyjamas before leaving the house. Now my teens and adults wont dress either. The neighbours randomly wandering through your sims home is worse than usual too.
  • Options
    KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    I definitely have the water and potty training issue. As well as the sink thing (about 50/50) and the lot restarting to neutral when I leave. And my neighbors just keep walking into my home whenever the heck they want and just start doing random things. I keep having to lock my door but its annoying because I'll forget when I invite someone over I actually WANT in my house 😂
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    This game is such a goner for me. EL is the last mistake purchase I’ll make. Tbh I don’t think this game can take much more being added to since it’s not being cared for properly. That or the game engine has been bad from the beginning. I have had no desire to revisit the game after it's become a complete mess. It seems to me it’s beyond it’s capability of being repaired with the many issues it has. Meaning I can’t wrap my head around how it can possibly all be fixed without it taking at least a year for majority to work.

I was thinking that since the game was originally supposed to be an online multi player game, it’s not built to be an actual one player life sim game. Thus the limitations and breaking. Idk, I could be wrong?
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Another family sim of mine won’t stop doing push-ups and she doesn’t have the active train and another sim of mine won’t stop stealing went bowling she stole the chair their and the world doesn’t have to EL trait and she’s not a kleptomaniac and my sims basically cancel what I tell them to do.
  • Options
    Shadow_1994Shadow_1994 Posts: 2 New Member
    Ts4 = bug bug bug!
    Quando que a EA vai fazer o que deve ser feito? Corrigir esse monte de problemas? Volta e meia tem coisa sumindo porque os Sims ficam furtando tudo! É absurdo de caro esse jogo pela quantidade de bug que apresenta!

(Google translator) When will EA do what should be done? Fix that bunch of problems? Now and then there are things disappearing because Sims keep stealing everything!
  • Options
    Shadow_1994Shadow_1994 Posts: 2 New Member
    E ainda tenho que vir aqui no fórum americano reclamar para ter O BÁSICO quando eu poderia estar jogando de forma tranquila depois de um longo dia de trabalho. Parabéns EA. Até porque se eu reclamar em qualquer outra rede que não seja esta, vocês não dão a minima né? Talvez vocês não deem a minima nem para esta também.

Me sinto burro por comprar o jogo original e receber algo picotado cheio de erros.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I have the same bug for sims not washing the dishes and my sims have an unhealthy obsession with white cake. It’s all they want to it. Nifty Knitting is also knitted with bugs.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I have the gardening, potty bugs. I've noticed recently in my game that sims prefer to eat in front of the fridge instead of sitting at the table. Oh, and the recycling bin still isn't fixed.

OMG YES!!!
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Me to every time I go to build mode and come back the game lags a lot.
    logion wrote: »
    Is this a sign that the game engine is finally starting to break? I recently went back to playing Sims 4 ,and I've noticed the community board for EL has become a DEBUG object for some weird reason. Sometimes walls will become DEBUG items,sometimes floors will. Items randomly becoming DEBUG items is annoying as heck,and I've noticed more and more people complaining as more and more bugs and glitches keep piling on.

Instead of making that reality show,the EA team should of used that money to be fixing all the problems with this game.

I think so, it feels like build mode is about to give up at least, unless they do something about it... build mode is lagging now for me, and you can see it lagging on videos from gamechangers as well.

• Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited August 2020
    There is a work around for the lag after taking a pic/build mode is to just hit the options button (esc or pause on controller).

And for the severe lag for when you are IN build mode just push to view the notificationa on the top right and the game will catch up.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    EL was what dragged me back to the Sims kicking and screaming, after my longest hiatus yet, one in which I was trying to make peace with the fact that "I will never have a ten generation legacy, I do not play anymore."

I have installed mods to deal with the mind-numbingly bad bugs that came with it. This has returned the game to what I affectionately term, "a workable hot mess" that reminds me much of two and three by the end of their runs.

Since installing the mods I've been able to enjoy EL, really enjoy it, and progress that old legacy closer to the childish goal I've carried my entire sim playing career and never achieved, ten generations. I've got an heir that's closer to that number than ever and some more content to explore from EL.

What's interesting me in regards to this thread, that playing has become unbearable, I can see it. I've loved this game so hard for so long that it's like a callus builds up and you just let the game be a mess while you try and make it work. I'd never tolerate these sorts of problems from another game. So it's kind of come down to this, I still want to hit ten generations and I think I might with this latest disaster pack from our favorite problematic fav EA. But once I've done that? Achieved the thing? Yea we done fam, finally, we done.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I can't play a save for more than 60-70 hours without it breaking apart. I know many people can but for me it's impossible because this start going so wrong. Yesterday for example I had to recover a save because my sim in my current save just lost all his outfits. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they just disapeared. I decided to go back few saves to recover that.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Another bug that is really making me loose my eggoo university housing and the none stop taking food out and not eating every second, but nobody cleans up after!!!! And my sims randomly pulls guitars and violins from thin-air and plays
  • Options
    Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    [quote="Winter0101;c-17593510"]The lack of potty training is annoying me too. I also have no option now to ask Father Winter for a present, although I can still fight him for one![/quote]

the option reappears if you introduce yourself first, but then once he leaves he calls you six times a day and won’t stop coming over uninvited.
  • Options
    In really annoyed by these bugs now the clay making is really an issue and my sims won’t sit and read for 5 minutes and I notice skill gain is extra slow
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    We may not get a serious patch but the EA cash machine is ready with another untested and bug installment. Open your wallets more bugs are coming.