Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing unbearable

So since a few months ago and even before eco living My game has been giving me a hard time. A few things that are currently working my nerves at the moment
⚫️ My sims don’t wash dishes regularly anymore,they simply just leave it or put it down on a counter space. When I click the dishes to be cleaned up the pick it up and put it back down or just move it to another space . So I only option is to drag it.
⚫️ Cake ,Cake ,Cake is the only thing on my sims and other sims in the whole minds they either make the cake or make take out the ingredients and line the counter tops with them really stressful at this point.
⚫️ Water my sims have become obsessed with getting a glasses of water Which is frankly annoying.
⚫️My sims no longer use the sink closest to them to wash things in nope the go to the farthest one they can find.
⚫️ Don’t even get me started on gardening because just watering my plants make them the same state and just being planted the first time.
⚫️ My sims no longer potty train their kids just put them on the potty and walk away.
⚫️The Landry oh man ,my sims will pick up a pile to wash and the bag will be automatically floating next them.
⚫️ So since getting nifty knitting random sims just enter my home and start playing the guitar.
⚫️Since day one I have not been able to throw 10,000 even if I have it available what is going on being famous .
⚫️ Ahhh eco life style if I leave my lot my current eco foot print will be neutral again.
⚫️ Eco trash disposal,my sims will dispose of their trash but still get fined 50 dollars.
⚫️The wall planter boxes the plants can’t evolve.

So I’m just wondering what else has been happening with the updates on the bugs because I can’t play a good game.

Comments

• Winter0101Winter0101 Posts: 5 New Member
    The lack of potty training is annoying me too. I also have no option now to ask Father Winter for a present, although I can still fight him for one!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm not getting so many but have found more piles of laundry on the floor. I just got my Sim to put them in the washing machine and turn it on. I'm wondering if I've got too many hampers around, they just seem to ignore them and if they cancel each other out like a double negative!

The real problem for me is, as like you I'm finding the progress on eco lots slipping back into neutral too easily. I'm ignoring it until I get the voting stuff and community lots sorted out to my satisfaction.

I have no mods or cc.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    My sims as well have seem to become extremely thirsty! Also when I water my plants/harvest it makes it look like it's just a seed on the ground again. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing these issues lol
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm not having that many, but I didnt get EL. Nothing right now though is a game breaker for me just annoying.

The sink and dishes... YES I feel ya. It has been a long time annoyance now and I'm constantly having to drag the dishes to the sink or trash. And when they do opt to wash dishes they go to the sink eleswhere.

The gardening bug is from the EL patch. I am experiencing this one. Someone said to harvest your plants before watering them. I do think it's something they'll fix. Just hope its soon.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • catshltcatshlt Posts: 4 New Member
    I can at least help you with the dishes thing, that usually means there is a dirty dish that your sims can't access somewhere on your lot. Frustrating I know but it is fixable, I have done it :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have removed all the NAP's in my worlds and downloaded simvasion's eco interaction fix mod (because even if you remove the NAP's there is a bug where NPCs will still do them and this mod also fixes other problems with the pack) and my game is slowly turning back into normal. I was even considering uninstalling Eco Lifestyle at one point.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    The get famous 10,000 money thing is annoying me too my sim has 600,000 and she cant do it
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have a few of these issues as well. The potty training one has been the most noticeable since I'm currently playing with a toddler in my family.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have the gardening, potty bugs. I've noticed recently in my game that sims prefer to eat in front of the fridge instead of sitting at the table. Oh, and the recycling bin still isn't fixed.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Is this a sign that the game engine is finally starting to break? I recently went back to playing Sims 4 ,and I've noticed the community board for EL has become a DEBUG object for some weird reason. Sometimes walls will become DEBUG items,sometimes floors will. Items randomly becoming DEBUG items is annoying as heck,and I've noticed more and more people complaining as more and more bugs and glitches keep piling on.

Instead of making that reality show,the EA team should of used that money to be fixing all the problems with this game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have a few of these issues as well. The potty training one has been the most noticeable since I'm currently playing with a toddler in my family.

I've been having this problem too, not just with potty training but with the blocks (the adults will start teaching to stack or teaching shapes and then walk off; and although you used to be able to click on the blocks even after the toddler started playing with them to do teaching, that option is no longer there). For some reason I assumed this was only happening to me so I'm relieved to know I'm not alone, although I'm now doubly irritated to find out it's a bug and not just a glitch in my personal setup.

My game usually runs pretty well and not badly enough that I want to give up in frustration, but it's eye-opening to count up how many mods I use to make that happen.

OP, the going to the furthest sink thing is a long time issue; I vaguely recall it has something to do with them wanting to use the highest quality sink (or counter) anywhere on the lot. I use a mod (surprise surprise) to prevent it.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am having the issue with sims being filthy and leaving their dirty dishes wherever they please. They drove me mad so i hired a maid but i also noticed improvment after i bought a dishwasher so i guess they were just too lazy to use the sink lol. Try that and see if it helps.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Is this a sign that the game engine is finally starting to break? I recently went back to playing Sims 4 ,and I've noticed the community board for EL has become a DEBUG object for some weird reason. Sometimes walls will become DEBUG items,sometimes floors will. Items randomly becoming DEBUG items is annoying as heck,and I've noticed more and more people complaining as more and more bugs and glitches keep piling on.

Instead of making that reality show,the EA team should of used that money to be fixing all the problems with this game.

I think so, it feels like build mode is about to give up at least, unless they do something about it... build mode is lagging now for me, and you can see it lagging on videos from gamechangers as well.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    logion wrote: »

I think so, it feels like build mode is about to give up at least, unless they do something about it... build mode is lagging now for me, and you can see it lagging on videos from gamechangers as well.

I haven't come to the forums much, so for a little time now I thought that the random lagging build/buy was just an issue on my end! I agree there is lag, and one gamechanger who had much lag in her previous video (the knitting review) was Plumbella - it seemed like such an issue and it made me feel a little better lol.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    logion wrote: »

I'm starting to think it's specifically a pack issue. It seems to me that anyone who installed Eco Lifestyle is having a load of issues. I don't have it and I'm not noticing any more bugs than usual or performance issues. Something's seriously wrong with that pack. Basically, it's Sims 4's version of Sims 3's Island Paradise where everything was broken and made the game grind to a halt.

I'd be interested to see someone disable the pack, do a game repair, and see if the performance is still struggling.
    #Team Occult
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I uninstalled Eco lifestyle and I'm getting all of those problems except the cake obsession and the guitar playing because I refuse to get any other pack since I wasted 40 bucks 😢. And the lag is somewhat better than with Eco lifestyle installed. I try to play it but I get frustrated after a while.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    that is so true ..the sims 3 Island paradise was a game changer and definitely not for the better...i would agree it sounds like eco living has been the same for the sims 4. I didn't get it ..but in the last update the disappearing pet issue was fixed so perhaps more of the common bug issues will be addressed..i know this pack ..(eco living) was based upon the world being changed by changing lifestyles ..but i would love it if n.a.ps could just be shut down completely ...think that might solve most of the issues. The sims getting drinks rather constantly has been an issue for a bit now and i think they thought that was fixed..i don't notice it as bad as once it was.
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I uninstalled Eco lifestyle and I'm getting all of those problems except the cake obsession and the guitar playing because I refuse to get any other pack since I wasted 40 bucks 😢. And the lag is somewhat better than with Eco lifestyle installed. I try to play it but I get frustrated after a while.

Sorry to hear this. Did you try a game repair and also doing a "save as" for your game instead of just clicking "save"? Sometimes doing that sort of resets the save and can resolve some glitches. It's something I try to remember to do around once a month, depending on how much I've played. Especially if I start to have performance problems or anomalies. Sometimes it makes a difference.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »

Sorry to hear this. Did you try a game repair and also doing a "save as" for your game instead of just clicking "save"? Sometimes doing that sort of resets the save and can resolve some glitches. It's something I try to remember to do around once a month, depending on how much I've played. Especially if I start to have performance problems or anomalies. Sometimes it makes a difference.

I play on console. I'll delete everything and reinstall to see if that helps as well as clicking save as. Thanks for the help.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

LiELF wrote: »

I play on console. I'll delete everything and reinstall to see if that helps as well as clicking save as. Thanks for the help.

Is there a way to save your game so you don't lose it, before reinstalling? I don't want you to lose your saves! On PC we can just make a copy of the Sims 4 folder in case anything goes wrong. But I think if you reinstall on console you'll lose all of your saved games. :(
    #Team Occult
    edited July 2020

Oh yeah. No worries :) . We have a cloud to keep our saves and/or we can copy it to a usb drive. Sometimes we'll have to save it to the cloud manually or set up automatic saving just in case we lose every thing.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com

• valohim666valohim666 Posts: 3 New Member
    I only have the base game on the PS4, and I've been getting more problems than usual. I've had a problem with endless food plates, which as I type this there's a visiting sim that has been standing in my living room for several in game hours still eating the same plate of food. I've had the problem someone mentioned where sims like to stand in front of the fridge and eat. I have the gardening bug, the trash can bug, more lag than usual especially when trying to access a sim's inventory even if it's empty. I have a bug that when looking at the relationship panel I can't scroll past the second page of sims.

It's something that I feel has always existed, though not something I really noticed as much before the recent updates, but I'm noticing more often that sims seem do that thing where they sort of jump up or reset when they are sitting and socializing. It happened earlier when my teen sim was doing her homework at the dinner table while talking to a friend that came home with her. The game credited her as doing it because it triggered the whim I had for finishing it, but once the sims reset I still had the option to just do the homework instead of extra credit.

I've had some invisible sims. One was in my house and the only reason I noticed it was because a plate of food just appeared out of nowhere, then food started to disappear off of the plate and then the plate itself disappeared. One was on a community lot, and the only reason I noticed it was because I went to modify the lot and after placing a table a sim just popped out of nowhere. Speaking of build mode, I've seen situations where trying to move walls causes items on the floor to disappear even though they shouldn't. For example on that same lot I mentioned, I clicked a wall and moved it away from several objects but for some reason those objects disappeared. So I had to undo that move and try again, this time things went fine and all I did differently was move the wall one extra tile away.

I had one problem a few days ago I don't even know how to describe, I guess the best and shortest way to describe it was a soft lock. Time stopped moving and I couldn't adjust it either, though the shadows were still moving as if time was flowing. Sims were frozen in place, though still making minor movements like turning their heads. I couldn't switch characters. In build mode I could only grab and move a single object, which would disappear until going back to live mode. The radio my sims had on was also still playing in build mode. It wouldn't load the save menu. Right as things started to happen my toddler was being put into the bath, and almost as soon as they got in their hygiene bar filled all the way up but stayed red and that's when everything else went wrong. As a last resort I tried Manage Worlds, and got stuck in an endless loading screen.

I really enjoy playing this game, especially since I have no life of my own and it lets me sort of live out one, but man this game is a mess and what was once a decent way to escape my depression just makes me more depressed.
  • babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Thank you everyone for your comments I felt like I was the only one ,because patches lots of them have come out but none to fix these issues so I’m just wondering if the sims team check out the bug issues page ? Because I currently am sick of cake and I love it (IRL) lol but the clothes hampers I have issues with that also I have 2 in each bathroom both Accessible ughhh accessible but my sim will only take one pill and leave the other and while the clothes were being washed the hamper without clothes will fill up Again and no one changed clothes so I’m finding that hard too. But for eco I find that the items in the game don’t affect the world if my household is green my Neighbours don’t change as well as a gururs said that they would have so I’m guessing that’s another issue. My sims will no longer eat the first time I click on them maybe second or third.... and if anyone has gotten the knitting pack have you been able to find the new channel on the radio because I haven’t only on the headphones which is weird.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Only one I've noticed has been the water issue, and that's recurred various times in the game's lifespan. My Simself is pregnant so I'll see if the potty training is an issue (though I usually just get lazy and cheat up Potty to level 3). I haven't noticed the cake issue but my Simself stopped prepping food part way through (she was extremely hungry but went back upstairs to browse the web instead) so not sure if that's related. My Simself is a neat Sim (I figured I needed one trait that was opposite my own) so that might be why she's still cleaning up the dishes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Only one I've noticed has been the water issue, and that's recurred various times in the game's lifespan. My Simself is pregnant so I'll see if the potty training is an issue (though I usually just get lazy and cheat up Potty to level 3). I haven't noticed the cake issue but my Simself stopped prepping food part way through (she was extremely hungry but went back upstairs to browse the web instead) so not sure if that's related. My Simself is a neat Sim (I figured I needed one trait that was opposite my own) so that might be why she's still cleaning up the dishes.

Yes the food prep is definitely related to the bug