Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A friendly Request to EA: Fantasy Mayhem

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Sharonia wrote: »
    What I don't want to see in my game is unrealistic out of place stuff like dragons. If they were ever to add dragons in a pack I think it would probably have to be the first pack I would skip buying which would actually make me sad as I like having a full collection. :D

I can see the inclusion of dragons similar to Planet Sixam and Realm of Magic. They are hidden worlds, so realism players can completely avoid the Portal that leads to them and still have all the fancy BB and CAS to complete their pack collection. Any one who wants to play with a pet dragon, can travel to The Realm of Dragons, find an egg, bring it home and hatch it in their fireplace. Boom. It’s a win win. Easy Peasy.

Oh I never really thought they could do it this way. I could totally deal with it like this.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat , I wasn't talking about the existing fantasy packs in the Sims 4 - I was talking about a possible future fantasy pack and, specifically, responding to the idea that buying a pack and then turning off its main feature doesn't make sense. It does make sense - players may want this feature in some of their stories, but not in all of their stories. It's like buying a spice because you enjoy the taste - that doesn't mean you have to use it in every single dish you make.
    I think that, in general, the ability to turn game features on and off is a good thing, because it allows everyone to play the game the way they want to. Players with different playing styles shouldn't see one another as rivals.
    I don't have Vampires or Realm of Magic, so I have no argument with what you described!

But my point is that, at least as the packs stand now, getting a pack that has fantasy elements like Realm of Magic doesn't mean you have to have magic in a given save story. I have those packs. They don't impact my non-supernatural save at all. No "toggle" necessary. I'm not using any Fantasy "spice" in that story... and yet the packs are still installed/active.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @DaWaterRat , I understand what you said, I believe you and I'm not arguing with you. As I said, I was responding to something specific the thread OP said - that they don't understand why someone would buy a pack and want the ability to turn its main feature off. I was trying to explain where the wish to turn game features on and off comes from.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    Oh how I crave to see dragons in my game. :'(
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love the idea of hatching! <3 It could be like the Dragon Cave game where you don't know what dragon you will get. <3

Oh please EA give us the supernaturals we deserve!

PS: will there be a survey soon? I want to mention these things. :D

I’m afraid of all the upcoming surveys because I no longer trust the community voting anymore. Especially with the last few packs we got because of them. I rather have EA do their own thing & stop the survey.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    What I don't want to see in my game is unrealistic out of place stuff like dragons. If they were ever to add dragons in a pack I think it would probably have to be the first pack I would skip buying which would actually make me sad as I like having a full collection. :D

I can see the inclusion of dragons similar to Planet Sixam and Realm of Magic. They are hidden worlds, so realism players can completely avoid the Portal that leads to them and still have all the fancy BB and CAS to complete their pack collection. Any one who wants to play with a pet dragon, can travel to The Realm of Dragons, find an egg, bring it home and hatch it in their fireplace. Boom. It’s a win win. Easy Peasy.

Oh I never really thought they could do it this way. I could totally deal with it like this.

Yes! That sounds amazing. I'd ideally want the dragon world to be "better" than the Magic Realm though because I found it a little disappointing, but on the whole, having dragons in the game through a portal would work perfectly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

But my point is that, at least as the packs stand now, getting a pack that has fantasy elements like Realm of Magic doesn't mean you have to have magic in a given save story. I have those packs. They don't impact my non-supernatural save at all. No "toggle" necessary. I'm not using any Fantasy "spice" in that story... and yet the packs are still installed/active.

I'm the same as you, I find it's not too difficult to separate realistic saves from fantasy saves. I used to have big problems with vampires and aliens generating in realistic saves but I wonder if that's all been toned down now because I haven't noticed it that much recently.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member

Yes! That sounds amazing. I'd ideally want the dragon world to be "better" than the Magic Realm though because I found it a little disappointing, but on the whole, having dragons in the game through a portal would work perfectly.

I think moving forward that’s how they should do it when they introduce the occult’s. Mermaids could of had their own underwater portal too , fairies & werewolves also.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am team occult.

For me I am trying as hard as I can to keep my imagination and the joy that comes from having magic and fantastical things happening in your save going strong. It has been a real blow to me that I no longer have seen vampires coming around. That spellcasters hide their magic outside the realm unless I log into every single household and give them a broom personally.

I am really saddened by this. It is like I really have to fight the game in order to see the things I enjoy.

If they are against toggles then I wish that they could utilize lot-traits a lot more.

Lot-trait FOR vampire-breakins. "Plasma-central"

Lot-trait FOR magic "spellcasters on this lot may cast magic from time to time"

It feels like the things I enjoy the most are supposed to be a dirty little secret. There if you personally are playing the sim but completely hidden if you play one of your average sims. Wish that I could get a more magical feeling while playing all my sims. Not just my mains or when I create specific clubs.
  • Options
    Justin wrote: »

I think moving forward that’s how they should do it when they introduce the occult’s. Mermaids could of had their own underwater portal too , fairies & werewolves also.

That would be cool, but I'd still like toggles so we can choose which save to have supernatural creatures in, and which ones we don't.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited July 2020
    I am team occult.

For me I am trying as hard as I can to keep my imagination and the joy that comes from having magic and fantastical things happening in your save going strong. It has been a real blow to me that I no longer have seen vampires coming around. That spellcasters hide their magic outside the realm unless I log into every single household and give them a broom personally.

I am really saddened by this. It is like I really have to fight the game in order to see the things I enjoy.

If they are against toggles then I wish that they could utilize lot-traits a lot more.

It feels like the things I enjoy the most are supposed to be a dirty little secret. There if you personally are playing the sim but completely hidden if you play one of your average sims. Wish that I could get a more magical feeling while playing all my sims. Not just my mains or when I create specific clubs.

No. As I said in another thread, the lot traits should be to turn them OFF, not making people who want the game play and buy the pack FOR the game play having to use their lot trait slots to turn them on. ON should be default, OFF should be optional.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited July 2020
    @CelSims wrote: »
    I am team occult.

No. As I said in another thread, the lot traits should be to turn them OFF, not making people who want the game play and buy the pack FOR the game play having to use their lot trait slots to turn them on. ON should be default, OFF should be optional.

Except it doesn’t really work like that. By default a lot trait usually activates rather than de-activates.

If I want more vampires to visit my lot, I have to choose ‘Vampire Nexus’.
    If I want more cats or dogs to visit my lot, I have to choose cat or dog hangout.
    If I want more ghosts, I choose ‘haunted’, etc.

There are exceptions like ‘off the grid’, but I would need to enhance that gameplay entirely through placing objects on the lot that support that lifestyle.

If by default everything was turned ON, the player will need to do a lot more work and add plenty more lot traits in order to turn everything OFF.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I am team occult.

Yes, I would much prefer to have magical fantastical things happening as a default.

But it feels like I am looking at pretty much nil interactions. If default is going to be zero, can I at least get a way to opt in.

Lot-traits for magic and mystery is not me saying how I think the game should work in a best case scenario.

No, this is me grasping at straws. Can I please please get something.
  • Options
    @CelSims wrote: »
    I am team occult.

Except it doesn’t really work like that. By default a lot trait usually activates rather than de-activates.

If I want more vampires to visit my lot, I have to choose ‘Vampire Nexus’.
    If I want more cats or dogs to visit my lot, I have to choose cat or dog hangout.
    If I want more ghosts, I choose ‘haunted’, etc.

There are exceptions like ‘off the grid’, but I would need to enhance that gameplay entirely through placing objects on the lot that support that lifestyle.

If by default everything was turned ON, the player will need to do a lot more work and add plenty more lot traits in order to turn everything OFF.

The fact there is an exception means it is possible to do it that way round. Even if there wasn't, it wouldn't necessarily mean it wasn't possible. You want the cas and bb but not the gameplay? Use a lot trait on every lot. Better would be a trait AND a complete toggle off. I can have my every lot is fair game, the people that want to play out stories of occults hiding would be able to do so with lots and the, 'I bought an occult pack and I'm disgusted it involves having occults in my game!', people can toggle off completely.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    I am team occult.

Yes, I would much prefer to have magical fantastical things happening as a default.

But it feels like I am looking at pretty much nil interactions. If default is going to be zero, can I at least get a way to opt in.

Lot-traits for magic and mystery is not me saying how I think the game should work in a best case scenario.

No, this is me grasping at straws. Can I please please get something.

Really, why is my spellcaster running to the shower instead of using Scruberoo? I'm playing a magical household and there is NO MAGIC unless I expressly tell them to do something. Where's my occult gameplay? If they had the benign spells as autonomous options it is possible to use tuner mods to turn it off. Whereas no option to turn them on in the first place is impossible to fix it seems, as search as I might I don't find mods for it.
    I'm very annoyed that catering to people who buy the pack without wanting it's content is considered more important than the people who actually want it.

I understand your desperation as you can see lol. But don't please for a compromise. You want the pack, you want the game play, insist that you get it.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I agree that toggles would be the best choice. I've bought the occult packs cause i love playing with occults but i still want the freedom to choose to play without them if i wish.

Just like i bought the eco pack and yet i can opt out of the eco footprint in some saves. Having bought the eco pack does not mean that i should accept that i have to play with it in all my saves.

The sims is a sandbox game and i want the freedom to tailor my stories to my liking, each one different from the other.