Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You're Experiencing a Broken Save

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I just got another update for sims 4 😱
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it might have something to do with a build/buy item from Tiny Living. It seems like most of the crashing comes from more recent saves, and they include build-only saves. That makes me think it's a build related issue. Or maybe even a combatibility issue with the patch before this one. But something specific that only some people have used while others haven't.

I'd be curious to see if anyone wanted to disable the Tiny Living pack in Origin and see if loading the game works. (Process of elimination.)

My existing save crashed, and I don't own Tiny Living.

Hmm...well, that's not it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Finally a new patch let's see if this fixes the problem
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've only loaded up my test save, as I usually do after patches and packs, and it loaded fine with no errors or crashes. I didn't remove my mods, just a few of them (the "big" ones like MCCC and UIcheats) had been updated. Currently playing a different game so haven't checked the rest of my saves.

Also got an update for TS4 right now. Hope that fixed whatever problems people have!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hm, my game just updated! I wonder if that could be the awaited quick fix already?

Edit: yay - my crashing save can now be opened!!! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So did today’s update fix the save game crash for y’all?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Yes! It worked for me, I hope it works for everyone else and that consoles get a fix soon too.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    All my saves work again. That fixed everything. :)

Hopefully the console players won't have to wait that much longer either.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I've been playing a new save because of all the problems others were having. I hadn't touched my previous save since June 1 until now. I figured it would be safe to try now that a new patch supposedly fixed the error. I'm getting the loading error. Mods are removed, Origin said my game is up to date when I tried updating, and I repaired it twice. Any other ideas?
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I have been allowed back into my save! What a relief!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    My game is fine. I actually loaded two different saves today after the update. I was playing when my phone went nuts with notifications from twitter and YouTube about the emergency patch so I left the game. I am glad they fixed the game for Simmers that were having problems but now I lost my immersion. lol
    Happy Simming! Eco Living gets released in just over 4 hours. Can't wait!
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited June 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it might have something to do with a build/buy item from Tiny Living. It seems like most of the crashing comes from more recent saves, and they include build-only saves. That makes me think it's a build related issue. Or maybe even a combatibility issue with the patch before this one. But something specific that only some people have used while others haven't.

I'd be curious to see if anyone wanted to disable the Tiny Living pack in Origin and see if loading the game works. (Process of elimination.)

I'm wondering if it's something with sculpting the terrain, because the only save where I've done that extensively is my No Mods save (I generally build more than play in it.)

Then again, it's not like I've tried all of my saves.

I don’t have Tiny Living and the only terrain tool I use is the paint. I have a pool and a basement in the save that I was able to open so that’s not it either... Good thought though.

ETA: Whoops, Posted before reading this far. NVM
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I've been playing a new save because of all the problems others were having. I hadn't touched my previous save since June 1 until now. I figured it would be safe to try now that a new patch supposedly fixed the error. I'm getting the loading error. Mods are removed, Origin said my game is up to date when I tried updating, and I repaired it twice. Any other ideas?

Did you download today’s update? I only ask because you said you were playing. I don’t think the game will automatically update as you play, so you may have to do it manually by exiting your game, and then right clicking the cover art on your Origin screen and choosing update.
  • Options
    Did you download today’s update? I only ask because you said you were playing. I don’t think the game will automatically update as you play, so you may have to do it manually by exiting your game, and then right clicking the cover art on your Origin screen and choosing update.

@Pamtastic72 Origin must have updated automatically because it said I was already up to date. I tried a few times. Tried repairing three times and even shut down my laptop and started up again.
  • Options
    TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Is anyone else's testing cheats still not working? I am updated to the latest patch. I tried to enter the testingcheats cheat and it said it was unable to execute command.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • Options

@Pamtastic72 Origin must have updated automatically because it said I was already up to date. I tried a few times. Tried repairing three times and even shut down my laptop and started up again.

@CaprianaB If you normally use mods, I suggest trying this:

*Back up your saves
    *Remove your mods folder completely and put it aside
    *Delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder (the game will create a new one)
    *Make sure your game is updated in Origin
    *Do a game repair in Origin
    *Try starting your game completely vanilla

If your game loads up, exit without saving and move any CC and updated mods back into the game, into the new folder. Do not move any mods back in that have not been updated or deemed okay by the creator. Also, leave out any default replacement CC because there have been reports that they are now broken and need updates as well.

Hopefully this helps fix your issue. Also note that the localthumbcache file should be deleted every single time you add or remove content in your Mods folder or glitches can occur in your game.

If none of this works, check for updates on your video card and windows system. If you use Defender or an antivirus, make sure it isn't blocking your game. You might have to go into the program and manually mark TS4 and Origin as safe. (I had to do this recently, after a Windows update.) You can also try clearing the Origin cache files or reinstalling Origin.

Good luck to you! 🙂
    #Team Occult
  • Options

*Back up your saves
    *Delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder (the game will create a new one)

If your game loads up, exit without saving and move any CC and updated mods back into the game, into the new folder. Do not move any mods back in that have not been updated or deemed okay by the creator. Also, leave out any default replacement CC because there have been reports that they are now broken and need updates as well.

Hopefully this helps fix your issue. Also note that the localthumbcache file should be deleted every single time you add or remove content in your Mods folder or glitches can occur in your game.

If none of this works, check for updates on your video card and windows system. If you use Defender or an antivirus, make sure it isn't blocking your game. You might have to go into the program and manually mark TS4 and Origin as safe. (I had to do this recently, after a Windows update.) You can also try clearing the Origin cache files or reinstalling Origin.

Good luck to you! 🙂

@LiELF thank you for your suggestions. The only thing I hadn't done is delete the localthumbcache file. Tried that and still wouldn't work.

I did find a workaround. In the save I was trying to access, I play a rotation. The game wouldn't access the last household I played, a student living in the Britechester dorms. I went to manage worlds and tried three other households. I was able to access those. From there, I went to manage worlds again without saving and was able to play my University student.
  • Options

*Back up your saves

Good luck to you! 🙂

@LiELF thank you for your suggestions. The only thing I hadn't done is delete the localthumbcache file. Tried that and still wouldn't work.

I did find a workaround. In the save I was trying to access, I play a rotation. The game wouldn't access the last household I played, a student living in the Britechester dorms. I went to manage worlds and tried three other households. I was able to access those. From there, I went to manage worlds again without saving and was able to play my University student.

Glad you worked it out. :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone! I'm going to lock this thread here now that the patch is out.

If you are still experiencing any bugs (not caused by mods), please, let us know in the Bug Reports forum for us to be aware and be able to track them.

Thanks, and happy Simming!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top