Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June 2 Update (DELAYED UNTIL JUNE 3)

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    This is my first time hearing about it (I'm in Canada) and still not sure what it's all about, and I Have no idea if it's why EA postponed the update or not as I haven't seen them say anything. It could be related, or it could be the person releasing it is sick, or maybe there's a power outage somewhere, or maybe they decided to last minute add one more new item to the patch and need a day to work on it.... or whatever reason. There could be any. Either way, it's one day... 24 hours, not really a big deal to wait it out. The days go quickly, time is short, and soon enough it'll be tomorrow. We can do something else, play a diff game, or play Sims 4 without the patch like we've been doing for years for one more day without ladders and firemen and it'll be okay.
    Something to look forward to tomorrow :)
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Oh well, it’s just one more day😊
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    @GwennogJones I totally get your point, maybe they could have been more upfront as to why it's delayed to prevent any confusion. Maybe they will post something official later on.
    If the delay has political reasons they should explain it. I guess most international customers (including me) have never heard of Blackout Tuesday. In this way the decision has no positive effect.

Really? I'm from the UK and my Instagram and Facebook is full of the #blackouttuesday hashtag today.

The problem is that I'm too old for Instagram.

That's what Twitter is for.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    Blackout Tuesday - from Sky News:

"#BlackoutTuesday: Millions make stand against racism and turn internet black.

Millions of people have turned the internet black for #BlackoutTuesday, a huge social media protest sparked following the death of George Floyd.

As protests have taken place around the world and the US continues to be gripped by unrest in the wake of the 46-year-old's death, the #BlackoutTuesday initiative calls for business to be suspended for a day.

Organisers say they want a "a day to disconnect from work and reconnect with our community" through "an urgent step of action to provoke accountability and change".

https://news.sky.com/story/blackout-tuesday-rihanna-drake-and-jamie-foxx-join-world-in-turning-internet-black-as-part-of-george-floyd-protest-11999149

Apparently EA Sports released a comment but I can't see it.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    It doesn't bother me. Unless Origin forces me to download the patch right away (I hope not!) I'll wait until some mods have been updated before getting it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Tabbie88Tabbie88 Posts: 24 Member
    > @GwennogJones said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think it's disrespectful not to use their huge platform to educate, inform and raise awareness for Black Lives Matter - and then to release this tweet without even using it as an amazing chance to give a link to a funding page, or a BLM education page. It feels phony to just not say anything when all eyes would have been on that tweet at that precise time. What a wasted opportunity.
    >
    > Other sims community members like Clare Siobhan, James Turner, Vixella, Plumbella, The English Simmer and so many have tweeted and shared resources and made an effort to support the movement. So that's no excuse for the Sims team not to do the same. If I've missed them sharing something, please let me know as I've tweeted @ a couple of gurus to ask them where is their BLM support right now? So no answers there, can't be the reason IMO.

I agree with this 100%

I also believe if the patch was delayed for the BLM that they wasted one of the best opportunities to raise awareness! And by not saying anything at all was distasteful because not everyone is just going to assume that it's for the movement. At least giving some type of explanation would have been good.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    @GwennogJones I totally get your point, maybe they could have been more upfront as to why it's delayed to prevent any confusion. Maybe they will post something official later on.
    If the delay has political reasons they should explain it. I guess most international customers (including me) have never heard of Blackout Tuesday. In this way the decision has no positive effect.

Really? I'm from the UK and my Instagram and Facebook is full of the #blackouttuesday hashtag today.

I'm dreaming of a life without social media and with offline TS7 (of course in a limited DVD-Rom edition) 😊
  • Options

I'm dreaming of a life without social media and with offline TS7 (of course in a limited DVD-Rom edition) 😊

I understand. But then you will have to get used to not being aware of current events. Not trying to be rude, it's just that you can't have it both ways. I am on Twitter solely for keeping up with news and politics, I highly recommend it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Hope they use this extra time to add something for black people to the patch. I understand they dont want to talk about politics in their social media since theyre a game, but like, adding something for black people in this update just as a heads up could be nice. I heard theyre adding baby hairs to one of the new dreadlocks hair in nifty knitting, maybe they could add it to every curly/textured hair? Maybe update makeup so it looks better on darker skintones. Add some cool black townies for representation. Idk, just something!
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    I don't use any furniture CC, but I hope my CAS CC won't be affected. I've moved my mods folder out anyway, just in case :)
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member

I understand. But then you will have to get used to not being aware of current events. Not trying to be rude, it's just that you can't have it both ways. I am on Twitter solely for keeping up with news and politics, I highly recommend it.

I actually do have a Twitter account and I just checked about Blackout Tuesday on spiegel.de. Still I think delaying a patch without explanation is no political statement at all.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If it's for that movement, that's a great thing. In my Sims game my one sims husband is on his 2nd week of 3 to get to be an International Space Smuggler, so this gives me time today to get that,
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2020
    They should explain why they've delayed the patch.

IT IS NOT WEIRD to have no social media at all! The law doesn't order me to have an account. Unbelievable.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    They should explain why they've delayed the patch.

IT IS NOT WEIRD to have no social media at all! The law doesn't order me to have an account. Unbelievable.

Really, this. I don't use social media, unless watching the news on youtube counts. I expect game information to be on the official website of the game I'm playing, call me weird.

I feel for the people that took a day off to update their mods and cc. While not a big deal to wait a day, for some those days off are very limited.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't think it's weird to assume people follow the news in some way though. It has been literally everywhere. If you don't follow the news either, you're the exception. And there's no problem with that, but feeling wrongly treated because EA decides to delay the patch by a single day because of such a big and incredibly important event to take the attention off themselves (if that is the reason, but I honestly don't see how it could be anything else), seems unfair.

I do agree an explicit explanation should still come, but maybe they thought it didn't need to be said. They were wrong there (obviously) but no need to attack them on all fronts either. There are more important things in the world than waiting for a patch for one day.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I actually do have a Twitter account and I just checked about Blackout Tuesday on spiegel.de. Still I think delaying a patch without explanation is no political statement at all.

In that case we were not talking about the same thing. I was not making a statement about EA's delay of the patch but your claim that "international customers have never heard of Blackout Tuesday".
    Perhaps they are showing solidarity with their employees who thought it would be inappropriate to conduct business as usual on this day. A statement may be forthcoming and it will have to be carefully worded. However, the delay of the patch had to be communicated before 10am PST. I don't know but I am reserving judgement until I do.

we all try ...
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Okay folks, this was to talk about the update and what was coming from it because I had an honest question. Can we please not have it devolve into a commentary on social media? The important thing is that, delayed or not, we're going to be able to ALT-move windows and doors! :smiley:
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me. Unless Origin forces me to download the patch right away (I hope not!) I'll wait until some mods have been updated before getting it.

I've found that at least in my settings, I have Origin autoupdate my game so I don't have to worry. It just means no mods for another day or two. I only really used MCCC to force sims off the lot who don't otherwise want to leave anyway. LOL. I'm cool with it no matter the reason behind the delay.
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options

I follow a few soccer/football teams from the UK and lots of blackout images today from our UK cousins!

And we're all anxious to get the new update. What's 24 more hours (22, really, but I'm not counting... you're counting! LOL) The update is coming and we'll all hopefully have a better TS4 experience from it! I'm excited about ALT-moving windows and doors, really. LOL I bet it shows!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »

I follow a few soccer/football teams from the UK and lots of blackout images today from our UK cousins!

And we're all anxious to get the new update. What's 24 more hours (22, really, but I'm not counting... you're counting! LOL) The update is coming and we'll all hopefully have a better TS4 experience from it! I'm excited about ALT-moving windows and doors, really. LOL I bet it shows!

I don't think any one is angry or THAT annoyed - just would be awesome to have an explanation, that's all!! : )
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »

Just a minor FYI... your sig tag, GF has actually been broken since last December. The April patch was to fix a previous bug introduced in Dec. One bug just replaced another. Hopefully this patch will fix the current one and not introduce another...

WE can only hope so!

What’s up with it, just curious as I turn fame off in most of my games

I think the recent bug is that your sim can't go to a gig if the sim left home between audition and gig, which normally are 1-2 days apart. But there is a fix for this to download (not official fix though), I no longer have that problem in my game anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I don't think any one is angry or THAT annoyed - just would be awesome to have an explanation, that's all!! : )

Well on twitter there are plenty of rude people..I had to reply to one of them for being so hateful.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

facebook is full of it as well, and even my 65+ year old mother is on facebook.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member

I've found that at least in my settings, I have Origin autoupdate my game so I don't have to worry. It just means no mods for another day or two. I only really used MCCC to force sims off the lot who don't otherwise want to leave anyway. LOL. I'm cool with it no matter the reason behind the delay.

I've got quite a few mods though so I'm in no hurry to update.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    *watches everyone proudly flaunting their arrogance*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top