Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting? What the...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited March 2020
    I just feel it getting to realistic and need to take it back to how the game once was. I already live real life, I want to have my sims to be something that doesn't really happen and I want the fun back. Still repetitive and not as style I use for sims. I wait for mods to change the styles I guess.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I just feel it getting to realistic and need to take it back to how the game once was. I already live real life, I want to have my sims to be something that doesn't really happen and I want the fun back. Still repetitive and not as style I use for sims. I wait for mods to change the styles I guess.

Oh, I do understand.

I prioritized my voting based on which themes had the most gameplay elements I was interested in. Arts and Crafts was 5 for 5, Happy Haunts had 3 out of 5 and grim reaper career was not one of those three - I just don't like watching sims die, and while I won't hesitate to kill sims if I need to, it's not something I enjoy. Now, I would have preferred any of those three (Ghost hunter, fortune teller, and seance table) over arts and crafts, despite being a crafter/maker, because I do consider myself more of a supernatural player (supernatural Family player, honestly.) But because there were two options I wasn't interested in, I decided to prioritize something where I could be reasonably happy no matter what came out. (Happy Haunts ultimately was in third after Arts and Crafts and Science and Technology. Again, there was just more there I wanted as gameplay elements.)

Look at it this way, what if Happy Haunts had won, but the chosen gameplay was the Haunted House - when we already have a haunted lot trait via City Living? Would you be content with that, or would you still be disappointed that the Grim Reaper career wasn't the chosen gameplay? There are people who did vote Arts and Crafts but would rather have had pottery or glasswork, so they're not happy that knitting won either. I'd rather have had sewing, but that wasn't on the list at all - knitting was the closest to it. And even then, I'm constantly rolling my eyes at those who think that Gameplay element = Theme, when that's not the case (something I've had confirmed by the SimGurus)

I'm not saying you can't be disappointed, or even that you can't complain. You can on both counts. But what I am seeing is a lot of people who wanted Happy Haunts - specifically the Grim Reaper career - seem to think that it should have been more universally appealing, and I'm just providing a reminder that that's not necessarily the case. And as much as people who wanted the Grim Reaper career lament not getting it, if they had won, there wouldn't be some sort of overwhelming joy on the forums. The complaints would just be from different simmers about different aspects of the pack.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2020
    Most definitely won't buy it when it comes out. I haven't bought a single stuff pack since My First Pet Stuff was released. I personally don't like the way they put actual gameplay into stuff packs. I completely missed the first vote, so I probably don't have a right to complain, but knitting winning is even more embarrassing than laundry last time. If Happy Haunts would have won, I would've definitely bought it, simply because I am crazy for more occult gameplay. However, since Happy Haunts got second place, I am positive that some parts of it will eventually be implemented into a future pack, maybe even a bigger one like a game pack.

I couldn't care less about realistic stuff in the game - I can't even remember the exact reason why I bought Laundry Day, I just know that I really wish I didn't, not just because it's boring to watch but also because you have to do like 5 different actions to even wash the clothes (they probably did that to make it look like it has actual gameplay). But knitting? Seems even more boring and pointless. Sometimes I just don't get realistic players. Why would you want to knit in the game when you could just do it in real life? The game isn't any less realistic without it.

Also, sorry if I seem a bit salty, I am just really, really disappointed that a cool idea like Happy Haunts was wasted for watching sims knitting...just saying it like that sounds so ridiculous.
    Post edited by Huiiie_07 on
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Laundry Day, Spooky, and Tiny Living still exist so...at least this one adds a hobby finally!
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    A little bit off topic, but - gotta love CC creators. I've found a lovely set of candles, Gothic furniture set and a reskin for everything plasma fruit related to be more like actual blood. A small stuff pack, if you will.

Where did you find these interesting sounding gems, if I may ask?