Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are getting a Create-A-World Game Pack this month!

I think we are getting a Create A World Game Pack. Why? Well, everytime they are about to release something new there have been hints in the community. Like, before the terrain tools patch i saw some terraing bugs in other peoples games, and someone started working on a terrain tool mod. I think that when such mod is possible to be created and wasn't before, its because they have added new coding to the game related to that feature. Last year we saw some people releasing mods to decorate the world, someone working on a create a world mod, and some people creating mods that allow us to clone/copy existing worlds. I am ok if its not for free like in SIms 3, because there's few people who would actually create worlds, the tool was very hard, because they didn't invest a budget to make it easier. As an official paid DLC they can be paid for somehting niche, they can make it more easier than SIms 3 and more detailed than Sims 2, as well as adding a bunch of new neighborhood assets so that we don't need to be always reusing the same assets we have in base game and other worlds.
Also, a Create-A-World Game Pack could introduce new careers related to town-management and architecture. You could be an architecture, city planner, etc... It would also be the perfect opportunity for them to introduce a "NPC management tab" on manage worlds similar to the employment tab from Get To Work and Dine Out, so you could set a male and a female sim from each job, and toggle notifications for those npcs when they die and you need replacement.
Besides new assets they could also focus on converting assets from SIms 2/3, giving us a bigger range of world assets than we would have. The pyramids, the Eiffel tower, the apartment shells, trees, terrain paint, etc...
And, for free, they could add a few premade empty worlds like Newcrest and a new tab allowing us to add/remove worlds from our save files, as well as empty versions of existing worlds (like Willow Creek) or inhabited versions of worlds (like Newcrest, maybe inhabited by base game gallery sims). Then, they wouldn't have that old excuse for making small worlds, since we are in charge of our save files size. They could just add a warning that the save file has too many worlds at once, or its too big.
Idk it they are indeed going to release this, but i have the feeling that something like that might be coming to Sims 4, and I'm all for it.

Comments

• Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Create a world for the Sims 4 would be great! :smiley:
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    That would be awesome! Hope you're right.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CAW would be part of a Free Update not a Gamepack.
  • Options
    BoyfriendBoyfriend Posts: 19 Member
    Rember oasis paradise mod? Or the tropical vacation mod? I don't think we're getting CAW sadly. T.o.o.l is just a modder making accessable to you and I what was already acceasable to them.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think that CAW would be too much work for EA to produce from what has been coming out of Sims 4 as of late tells me they are not producing much nor do they care to. Just trying to shut us up and collect a few bucks.
  • Options
    BubbleFanBubbleFan Posts: 12 New Member
    I wouldn’t buy CAW as a gamepack. That’s only relevant to builders anyway.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Oh you sweet summer children.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    @catloverplayer sims 3 CAW was the worst nightmare to play with, cuz it was for free... being a paid DLC forces them to give it at least a minimum care of updating and fixing bugs.

@Boyfriend those mods didn't change the game permanently, they only substitute trees, plants, terrain, etc... The mod I'm talking about allows you to add new things where there wasn't any before.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Isn't that basically what Newcrest is? A vacant world for you to do as you wish with?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Newcrest is just empty lots, you can't modify the neighbourhood itself.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I don't think it's coming, there are literally no hints (game files, developer accounts, or otherwise) that it's coming.
    This is hopeful at best, and I'm with you in that I'm desperately hoping for a button that adds empty worlds. But there hasn't been any info, not even questions in the official polls that they do every now and then. There were questions about relationships and chemistry though, which is what I think is coming next in a free update.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Eliharb but those polls are too recent, it takes 1+ year to make a GP/EP. Don't expect anything from that poll being released this year, probably next year or they were disguising a Sims 5 poll as a Sims 4 one to know what we would prefer in the base game.

@AedanStarfang as crocobaura has pointed, its not the same as Newcrest. Create a World in Sims 3 was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0UN-Mgsow

But I hope in Sims 4 its as detailed but easier to use.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    catloverplayer sims 3 CAW was the worst nightmare to play with, cuz it was for free... being a paid DLC forces them to give it at least a minimum care of updating and fixing bugs.

Errmmm...
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Thread title gave me quite the chuckle.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Players can’t make worlds for this game. They made that choice deliberately so players would have to buy additional worlds. It’s been over five years; if that was a function they wanted for players we would have heard something about that by now.
  • Options
    @drake_mccarty It doesn't make sense to me, at all... Why they aren't selling World Packs like we had in Sims 3 then?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    @drake_mccarty It doesn't make sense to me, at all... Why they aren't selling World Packs like we had in Sims 3 then?

I am absolutely happy that they aren't doing that for Sims 4. Worlds were a ridiculous 30 bucks for Sims 3 if you wanted the gameplay items.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

I am absolutely happy that they aren't doing that for Sims 4. Worlds were a ridiculous 30 bucks for Sims 3 if you wanted the gameplay items.

@alan650111 me too... everything was so expensive onthe store, it felt like a crime... I never bought anything beside the worlds from there (using the reward simpoints from packs) and I felt like it wasn't official to me. Felt like an greedy unskilled content creator selling overpriced mods/cc, cuz some of that stuff was broken and expensive as hell.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Because they don’t have the staff to make worlds that fast. World building is a different process entirely in 4 and that’s the fault of the studio. If they could pump out worlds left and right trust me they would.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2020

As opposed to TS4? Where you get very few gameplay items and tiny uneditable worlds? And cost more? Lol!

I'd rather have TS3 where you can create worlds. We have hundreds more worlds besides the ones EA made. All for FREE.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2020
    We are probably NEVER going to get a create a world tool for this mess of a game, so no, a ''CAW Game Pack'' is 10000% a no.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well they could all compromise and give you a 'Create a backdrop' for TS4 instead? :D

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited March 2020

As opposed to TS4? Where you get very few gameplay items and tiny uneditable worlds? And cost more? Lol!

I'd rather have TS3 where you can create worlds. We have hundreds more worlds besides the ones EA made. All for FREE.

I personally think most of TS4 packs are a better value. Stuff packs used to be 20 bucks in Sims 3 and didn't even include new gameplay items. Sims 4 has 10 dollar stuff packs and includes new gameplay. I think Sims 4's methods are a much better way to deliver content. While Sims 3 had some expansions that included more content I am overall satisfied minus a few gripes here and there with Sims 4 content. It was absolutely heinous how so much Sims 3 content was on the outrageously priced Sims 3 store and it usually was buggy and underwhelming. I am not a Sims 3 hater by any means. I still play it sometimes. It's just that besides their expansion packs for the game, The Sims 3 had criminally overpriced store items and paltry stuff packs.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I could really do with a whole blank new world that I could decorate myself with all those features they unloosed for us to use in our lots and with the ability to change from sandy to lush terrain too! They could even leave the roads and lots in if they have problems with giving us those to put in ourselves. :)
  • Options
    KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    To be completely honest, I don't know why people would even want this. I don't think that this is something I personally would use at all. But to each their own :#
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143