Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery upload problem with pictures

I want to upload a house but the initial picture keeps being this:

y6Bd8YW.png
A picture of the skyline. I've tried moving the house to a different world, it shows the skyline of that world. I've searched online to see if I could see any possible solutions.
I've checked the top of the house to make sure I have nothing floating up there that might throw the picture off.
I thought it may be the multiple roofs but I deleted those and it still happens. I also started the game with no mods installed and it still happens.

Here is what the front looks like:

Xq4cmou.png

If I make a small room way up in the air it will then properly show the house (the orange floating thing in the picture below)

fnkhjlt.png

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this please?

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I've never had that happen before. Have you tried saving it to your Library, and restarting your game? Usually if I have issues with the game, a restart helps. If that doesn't work, maybe a game repair?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yes I tried loading to my library and placing in a different game. I also tried a game repair and deleting the cache. Oddly, if I place the lot unfurnished the picture is fine. But if I place it furnished and manually delete furnishings it remains as the skyline.
  • Options
    Did you resize any objects in the house? I don't know how that would have any effect on the thumbnail but it's a thought.
  • Options
    A couple rugs and a statue. Removing them didn't work
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Maybe reset your Sims 4 folder in Documents? Backup what you want to keep. I don't know if it will work since you already repaired but I don't know anything else it could be. I'm sorry I'm not of more help.

Edit: It looks like you have raised/lowered the terrain, could you try to flatten it and see if that helps?

Edit 2: Also maybe remove the stairs at the back to see if anything changes?
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I was pretty sure it wasn't the terrain, as placing the lot unfurnished makes the thumbnails be correct, but I went ahead and flattened the lot, pulled the house up so it's not sunken and removed the back yard area. Still broke.

Messing around with it this morning it's something to do with the second floor. Deleting the second floor corrects it. But! Completely deleting all the contents of the second floor doesn't correct it. Which points at the building itself being the issue. However, I can place the lot unfurnished and that floor is fine. Makes no sense.

Deleting living room fixes it, deleting the living room one wall and item at a time does not xD. I think the build is just bugged forever. Thank you for the suggestions, I think we exhausted every possibility.

Edit: Fixed! I downloaded it furnished, put all the furnishing from the second floor into the household inventory and then deleted the living room. I rebuilt the room and re-added the furnishing. I can only assume that there was an invisible debug object or something I had accidentally placed in there.

ToEgNro.png
    Post edited by CelSims on
  • Options
    I'm glad you got it fixed.