Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Faces... how to test

Rookie mistake: I downloaded a bunch of mods and cc this weekend and the ONE TIME I put them directly into their folders and not a testing folder... I get a missing faces glitch.

I know to take all my stuff out and slowly pull it back in but... the glitch only happens when the sims age up.

Is there a faster way to test without manually aging up a sim every test? Anyone who had this glitch have any pointers? Like, when you remove the bad mod do the faces come back automatically?

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited February 2020
    From what I've seen, the missing face issue is usually a missing occults tag, or CC not tagged for a different age (hence the aging up). If it happens to any and all sims, it's probably a default item like eyes, skin, or any other default item.

To avoid this in the future setup a simple Test folder and drop them in. Test each one when you come across it in-game and if everything looks good, then sort it/drop it into the main/sub folder(s).
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    From what I've seen, the missing face issue is usually a missing occults tag, or CC not tagged for a different age (hence the aging up). If it happens to any and all sims, it's probably a default item like eyes, skin, or any other default item.

Yup, it's alllll sims. So all new townies are walking nightmares. I usually put CC in a testing folder but these were all "updated." LIES! The Lies!
  • Options
    TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Thanks so much, @MizoreYukii! It was indeed some bad CC.

For Mac users who maybe stumble upon this... I sorted my CAS folder by date added, removed the stuff added over the weekend and re-opened the game. The faces originally looked gone still, but when I entered CAS they went back to normal.

So hot tip::: SORT BY DATE ADDED
    Simming for twenty years...