Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Also Lady Gaga postponed her new album.

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

What I wanted to say is that most entertainment projects are postponed because potential customers are jobless/traumatized/can't go to shops to spend pocket money. I read between EA's lines that nothing will be released until this crisis is over.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited April 2020
    logion wrote: »
    I'm more excited about the GP now, "this pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year."

What on earth could that be?

I am curious too, but I....am a bit weary......it has shown the team does not know what the community wants...look at strangeville.......yeah...I am excited but very cautious.
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'm more excited about the GP now, "this pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year."

I am curious too, but I....am a bit weary......it has shown the team does not know what the community wants...look at strangetown.......yeah...I am excited but very cautious.

I really fear it will be Stranger Ville 2.0 :(
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I am curious too, but I....am a bit weary......it has shown the team does not know what the community wants...look at strangetown.......yeah...I am excited but very cautious.

I really fear it will be Stranger Ville 2.0 :(

It's possible, but I doubt so. Perhaps, they're going to introduce another feature/system like the fame or maybe we're going to get the Happy Haunts where we can play as a Grim Reaper? or perhaps living in the Underworld? I really hope that it's really the "major first". I wish that we could have something new, unique, & different.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I have ZERO idea what the expansion pack theme will be but I was thinking about the game pack and what things the team has never tackled in any Sims game to date. The only theme that springs to my mind that they've never done before and is completely new is a school pack. Ok so they've done open careers before but never with a school theme. I think it's totally feasible to do a pack like that within game pack budget.

Anyway I'm just spit balling here! Not my most desired theme right now but I still think it would be pretty cool especially for teen gameplay which some of us have been screaming about for years...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2020

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

What I wanted to say is that most entertainment projects are postponed because potential customers are jobless/traumatized/can't go to shops to spend pocket money. I read between EA's lines that nothing will be released until this crisis is over.

Yeah that's sort of how I read that as well. I appreciate them actually saying something though so there's that, but in the end, we already knew all of this, meaning we don't know much more than we did yesterday. But alas, it is what it is. I'll continue on with Days Gone then til we get some more detailed news :D
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited April 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    It's possible, but I doubt so. Perhaps, they're going to introduce another feature/system like the fame or maybe we're going to get the Happy Haunts where we can play as a Grim Reaper? or perhaps living in the Underworld? I really hope that it's really the "major first". I wish that we could have something new, unique, & different.
    I'd love a Happy Haunts pack. It would be a dream come true. But wouldn't it be too soon for a pack like this? Happy Haunts was only spitballed as an idea last year, I'd imagine it would take more time to flesh it out.

I also doubt we'll get underworld living/unliving. I don't think they'd devote resources into fleshing out a world that doesn't cater to the realism crowd. Even the Magic Realm is woefully underdeveloped, hidden away and can't be properly lived in.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I have ZERO idea what the expansion pack theme will be but I was thinking about the game pack and what things the team has never tackled in any Sims game to date. The only theme that springs to my mind that they've never done before and is completely new is a school pack. Ok so they've done open careers before but never with a school theme. I think it's totally feasible to do a pack like that within game pack budget.

Anyway I'm just spit balling here! Not my most desired theme right now but I still think it would be pretty cool especially for teen gameplay which some of us have been screaming about for years...

I'd be really happy about a school pack!
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2020
    School pack, band, zoo, sports, heck stone carving was never a thing I don’t think. Being able to make statues (Stonemasonry) Would be cool to have your sim as a statue. I’m clueless of what they are planning. Hope it’s a game changer. I’m excited I just want something new and done well. The restrictions are embarrassing you get so close to what is asked or expect and than.... nope.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Well they said later this year with the game pack and it has never been done before so I'm super excited.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I wonder... the last pack was in January. Would they really not have had a GP planned until the autumn? Would there always have been a 5 month gap between the SP and the EP in June, or maybe May?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I wonder... the last pack was in January. Would they really not have had a GP planned until the autumn? Would there always have been a 5 month gap between the SP and the EP in June, or maybe May?

they probably planned to do the roadmap sooner (start the roadmap by releasing the EP in early May) but the COVID situation made them postpone that
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Is it typically two weeks we wait from the announcement of an expansion pack to the release date?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

they probably planned to do the roadmap sooner (start the roadmap by releasing the EP in early May) but the COVID situation made them postpone that

I still get the feeling there was a game pack scheduled for March but something happened in addition to Covid that made them delay or scrap it. Possibly the same reason the February patch was so lackluster.

No clue what that might be, and I'm probably way off, but somehow it makes me feel better.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I still get the feeling there was a game pack scheduled for March but something happened in addition to Covid that made them delay or scrap it. Possibly the same reason the February patch was so lackluster.

No clue what that might be, and I'm probably way off, but somehow it makes me feel better.
    Yeah same
    I think they were going too far with the theme for that GP but they figured it wouldn't sell and scrapped it in the last moment.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Yeah same
    I think they were going too far with the theme for that GP but they figured it wouldn't sell and scrapped it in the last moment.

If they were going to release a GP in March, it would have been 99% complete by February. Wouldn't it be a lot of trouble to scrap that amount of work at the last moment? To me it feels like they don't really have a plan anymore, and they just go with the flow and try lots of ideas. Maybe they envisioned the game differently on release and now they have changed their mind about what the game should be like.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited April 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yeah same

If they were going to release a GP in March, it would have been 99% complete by February. Wouldn't it be a lot of trouble to scrap that amount of work at the last moment? To me it feels like they don't really have a plan anymore, and they just go with the flow and try lots of ideas. Maybe they envisioned the game differently on release and now they have changed their mind about what the game should be like.

Maybe that was the problem - it should have been almost complete by February but it wasn't for whatever reason. Or there was a last minute game breaking bug caught that they couldn't fix before scheduled release. Or legal caught something that the devs didn't realize they couldn't use. I know in the CG art asset market, that last has caused more than a few products to be scrapped just before - or just after - release.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

Yeah that's sort of how I read that as well. I appreciate them actually saying something though so there's that, but in the end, we already knew all of this, meaning we don't know much more than we did yesterday. But alas, it is what it is. I'll continue on with Days Gone then til we get some more detailed news :D

This crisis could go on for another year so they might as well release more packs. Other gaming comp are still releasing games even though their working from home eg Tripwire.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

This crisis could go on for another year so they might as well release more packs. Other gaming comp are still releasing games even though their working from home eg Tripwire.

Last of Us got cancelled too though (my heart is still broken about this). I'm guessing EA is not delaying because they can't finish but because they're worried about the current economic climate in the US. After all, with rising unemployment numbers and so many working from home or not at all, their projections are probably telling them that releasing anything now would impact their sales negatively. Is that true? Yeah probably. Would it be by much? Who knows. Sure, a GP isn't quite the same as the 60 price point of TLoU, and yes other companies like Frontier are still releasing games, but even if the impact was small, given that EA's eyes are famously made out of dollar signs, even mild downturns would probably put them off. But that's just speculation, we simply don't know what their reasons are. And yes, the covid thing won't be over tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to live with the fact that some things arent what we're used to right now. Again: it is what it is.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

Last of Us got cancelled too though (my heart is still broken about this). I'm guessing EA is not delaying because they can't finish but because they're worried about the current economic climate in the US. After all, with rising unemployment numbers and so many working from home or not at all, their projections are probably telling them that releasing anything now would impact their sales negatively. Is that true? Yeah probably. Would it be by much? Who knows. Sure, a GP isn't quite the same as the 60 price point of TLoU, and yes other companies like Frontier are still releasing games, but even if the impact was small, given that EA's eyes are famously made out of dollar signs, even mild downturns would probably put them off. But that's just speculation, we simply don't know what their reasons are. And yes, the covid thing won't be over tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to live with the fact that some things arent what we're used to right now. Again: it is what it is.

I'm sure ea will not be happy about less people buying but if it comes to making no money or some money they would pick some money
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Awwwww, bummer ;-;

That's really to bad about that game. They were finished with it and about to release it then they up and cancel it which is worse then a delay in my opinion.
  • Options
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Theme parks have never been done but SimGuruDuke ruled that out as the Next Pack.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe it will be a superhero pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would so love a Superhero Pack based on Justice League & X-Men.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I have seen some speculation that we might get a trailer this week. If we do, we would probably get a teaser tonight.