Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2020 (Now Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
February could bring us a very big patch for the 20th Annivesary Of The Sims and some bug fixes as well. This however could change if no maxis monthly has been announced. Keeping my eyes peeled for an announcement this week.

My predictions

Some free gameplay items and clutter from Sims 1,2 and 3 thrown in. Crossing fingers for the return of the vibrating heart shaped bed,lip sofas and love tub (hottub) from TS2.

Possibly a New Free World made like PleasentView or any other Sims 1,2 or 3 World. Sadly this probably won't happen I"m just hoping it does cause we really do need another free world with 20 empty lots to place on.

Just a few cas items like recolored T Shirts or something or shirts that have the Sims 20th Annivesary on them.

Cars. If this happens it will probably be like toddlers was were the patch is mostly dominated by cars,animations and other stuff with just a few bug fixes.

Fixed Babies Same Sinereo as Cars.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope we get some nice things
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wish this could be taken as a hint for cars but it’s far fetched.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1222341868211408901
    Just hoping for the bug fixes😒
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The 10th anniversary brought the heart shaped bed and 2 more items i can't remember.
    I hope something bigger for the 20th, so the heart shaped bed and new romantic interactions...? :) i hope so
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I wish there will be R&B
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Agnes Crumplebottom as an NPC please! I miss her...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020
    For the 20th there should be something really big, like giving loyal fans a complete game of TS2, TS3 or TS4. Or even TS1 if it would play on Win 10. I think the 20th is a huge mile marker and it should be an appreciation of all those who have made their business a success, and that's it's consumers. They can pat themselves on the back for creating a game franchise that has lasted this long but I really think they need to do something huge for their customers. oops wrong thread, I thought I was on the 20th annv. thread, lol.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't anticipate much from any hypothetical anniversary patch. Most anniversary stuff has been lame, imo, so I don't have high hopes for new, interesting content.

A good amount of bug fixes would be great though.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I really don’t think we’ll get a free hot tub, unfortunately. Remember how angry people were when photography got added to the base game? And that wasn’t even a main feature of that pack.

Agnes Crumplebottom as an NPC please! I miss her...

That would be neat, though I’m not sure how they’d make sure she didn’t act like a regular sim. The special sims in TS2 could break your game pretty badly if you did the wrong thing with them.

Anyway it’d be nice to get some kind of a memory system, but not one that will make it impossible to safely delete sims.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m expecting maybe a couple BB or CAS additions with some bug fixes. I’d love for there to be something more. Ideally I’d love the return of better personalities and interests or at least an announcement of something similar if there’s a Maxis monthly. It’s so hard not to get my hopes up!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    hunterzerohunterzero Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope we get some of the stuff that's in the Sims Freeplay (garage doors/patio bi-fold doors and a pooltable)
    Here's to wishful thinking.
  • Options
    I'd love a convertible sofa/bed.
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I do not see anything new being integrated into the next patch. They gave us enough.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I want children and toddlers and babies to have occult forms and limited powers! This whole growing into your powers thing is lame!
  • Options
    I do not see anything new being integrated into the next patch. They gave us enough.

Yes but next week is the 20th anniversary of the sims however no Maxis Monthly has been announced yet so it isnt looking good
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited January 2020
    Well, seeing as we're speculating on what EA might be planning, I wonder if the recent Origin updates might be connected in some way? Origin updated for me yesterday. Twice. Now I have a notification about new content that evidently was tacked on in one of those updates, but I can't find it anywhere. Other players are saying the same thing. But everyone is reporting different packs have been updated. And they cannot find this new content in their games. Did Origin release content EA is waiting to release next week by mistake, and we got only part of it? Or is this a new bug? As far as what I'd like to see in the next patch/update goes, I want the whims fixed more than I want new CAS or B/B content. New free stuff doesn't make up for the fact the whims have been borked for months. But I suppose the whims will be fixed around the same time we see an update to personalities, romance or traits, because those would be considered as updates to the base game. We barely have had time to play around with Tiny Living so I don't see a new game pack coming soon, so I suspect a large patch is in our near future. I'll wait to install it if that's the case. There's no telling what'll happen with a patch that touches traits, romance and whims at the same time. Bug fixing patches haven't helped much either as far as actually fixing anything. I'll go back to playing off line for a while again. It's safer.

Edited at 6:45 pm As soon as I went to play my game Origin updated twice before I was able to go into my game library. That makes five updates in two days.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Remember that next month we’ll celebrate the 20th birthday of The Sims
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    No Maxis Monthly

We might still get a patch on Tuesday, though.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2020
    well if there isn't a mm then I don't think we're gonna get anything maybe some new cas
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Sims 3 got 4 gameplay objects for the 10th anniversary so this will be a letdown if we get nothing for the 20th unless their announcing a Gamepack.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There is another post in 'simgurus in twitter' thread. Gurufrost said to keep our expectations in check...
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm wondering how they're going to reach the simmers without MM? Perhaps, there's going to be another Youtube video?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Well, seeing as we're speculating on what EA might be planning, I wonder if the recent Origin updates might be connected in some way? Origin updated for me yesterday. Twice. Now I have a notification about new content that evidently was tacked on in one of those updates, but I can't find it anywhere. Other players are saying the same thing. But everyone is reporting different packs have been updated. And they cannot find this new content in their games. Did Origin release content EA is waiting to release next week by mistake, and we got only part of it? Or is this a new bug? As far as what I'd like to see in the next patch/update goes, I want the whims fixed more than I want new CAS or B/B content. New free stuff doesn't make up for the fact the whims have been borked for months. But I suppose the whims will be fixed around the same time we see an update to personalities, romance or traits, because those would be considered as updates to the base game. We barely have had time to play around with Tiny Living so I don't see a new game pack coming soon, so I suspect a large patch is in our near future. I'll wait to install it if that's the case. There's no telling what'll happen with a patch that touches traits, romance and whims at the same time. Bug fixing patches haven't helped much either as far as actually fixing anything. I'll go back to playing off line for a while again. It's safer.

Edited at 6:45 pm As soon as I went to play my game Origin updated twice before I was able to go into my game library. That makes five updates in two days.

Its happened to me as well. At the same time, I need to update my Catalina too. So, at first, I was wondering is it because of the OS update so that the Origin needs to be updated again. Guess, I'm not the only one then.
    OID:- x4m1r4