Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL with this???!!!

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited January 2020
    MadIris wrote: »
    I guess this is funny to most players and the devs, but it makes me angry. We certainly do NOT rule - no more throwing money at this joke of a game.

I do not find it funny. And it makes me angry too. And I DO quit the game when I see it everywhere, and ESPECIALLY on the sims I worked so hard to create in CAS.

The outfits functioned BEFORE CL. They know it's an issue, but they refuse to do anything about it. It's part of "their" game. And because they made it that way, it's now part of our game. THEY think it's funny. They just don't care that we don't create anything. They over-ride it with that one code.....situational outfits.

• Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    It's not confined to townies, at least in my games. I'm seeing this with premades and sometimes my own currently unplayed sims. In all possible situations. Even when my sim is home the walkbys are frequently hideous. Whatever is wrong is becoming increasingly widespread and common. Even if EA finds it funny, I do not - along with the OP and however many others. Someone needs to get their act together and soon before a large segment of the player base simply bails altogether. If libraries and book stores suddenly see an upsurge in business we'll know why.

Thank you. And for the record, the sims pictured are one of my faves. Never mind random townies walking by, I'm afraid to visit lots I haven't played in a while.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Maybe they just like plum woohoo? kink y LOL

Actually I think I'd be okay with that if they changed back into the original clothes I put them in! 😄
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL I guess the townie outfits go with the Sims 4 saying, "Stay Weirder".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZZltvivH8

I always thought the Sims 4 was like a DND game with all the role playing outfits and accessories. It is like Comic Con has exploded all over the townies and made them all look like clowns.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Socks with sandals this is truly unforgiveable. In my game the townies cant resist the turban I really wish they would just disable some of the hideous content and leave the townies basic they don't need rings hats or gloves at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I guess this is funny to most players and the devs, but it makes me angry. We certainly do NOT rule - no more throwing money at this joke of a game.

I do not find it funny. And it makes me angry too. And I DO quit the game when I see it everywhere, and ESPECIALLY on the sims I worked so hard to create in CAS.

The outfits functioned BEFORE CL. They know it's an issue, but they refuse to do anything about it. It's part of "their" game. And because they made it that way, it's now part of our game. THEY think it's funny. They just don't care that we don't create anything. They over-ride it with that one code.....situational outfits.

Same here, I don't understand why the developers don't do anything about it.
    No offense Maxis, but how can you expect me to treat you as a serious game developer studio?

LsHDIWk.png

I have posted on Answer HQ, the thread is two years old now, I have provided saves , I have provided updates when the outfits in Realm of Magic was messed up, yet you do nothing.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It's not confined to townies, at least in my games. I'm seeing this with premades and sometimes my own currently unplayed sims. In all possible situations. Even when my sim is home the walkbys are frequently hideous. Whatever is wrong is becoming increasingly widespread and common. Even if EA finds it funny, I do not - along with the OP and however many others. Someone needs to get their act together and soon before a large segment of the player base simply bails altogether. If libraries and book stores suddenly see an upsurge in business we'll know why.

It's not just your game and you're right, it's not just townies. If I rotate off of a house I've been playing, the next time I see those sims out in the world, they're wearing a towel on their head, sunglasses, green lipstick, the eyeball ring and whatever other accessories they can jam on there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    Situational outfits are a disaster. It's one thing for randomly generated townies to dress badly (though still annoying, of course), but when your own sims ignore their given clothes just to wear some disastrous mishmash of that one turban, the eyeball ring and something from every single accessories category, it's frustrating.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Either they dont know how to to fix the problem, which could be their reason for going with the whole idea of this being intentional or they don't care. I'm not sure what it is but I'm tired of it.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It gets even more "funny" when you have cc like a rifle and a bloody (not the swearword, literal blood) combat knife in your game. I disabled them for random, disabled for situational, for retail, basically disabled them for everything where I could untick a checkbox, but the game still loves to grab the weapons.

Lmbo🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 my townies look like a horror show for this reason
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have a looooot of cc. So it is frustrating to see one of my own rotational sims wearing fantasy bat wings, a baseball cap, loads of cc jewelry, fishnetstockings and sunglasses. The other day a townie was wearing a pair of platform heels and a wrestling mask. They all looked so silly I couldn't take anything seriously. I dread seeing townies when I go out :#
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You people are overreacting its a game and you can fix the problems using mods. I am sorry if most don't use mods but that came with City Living when we got the festivals. No game is going to perfect and no game is going to make everyone play the game but we all choose what to spend our own money on.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @MadIris i think you are overacting there are mods that exist to fix this problem if this happens to your sims its very easy to fix you just enter into create a sim again for your household and change your sims outfits i see no point in over reacting for such a minor detail.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah, I don't even know why situational outfits are even a thing... It was a terrible idea and it only gets worst with more packs being installed... I just want it removed once and for all. :neutral:
    he/him
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    You people are overreacting its a game and you can fix the problems using mods. I am sorry if most don't use mods but that came with City Living when we got the festivals. No game is going to perfect and no game is going to make everyone play the game but we all choose what to spend our own money on.

Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them. Because the situational clothing generator works so badly. Same with how the game generates townies, no modder can fix the way the game generates townies and their outfits, the best thing they are able to do is to reduce townie generation. EA are even faking townies in their trailers because it looks so bad.
    @MadIris i think you are overacting there are mods that exist to fix this problem if this happens to your sims its very easy to fix you just enter into create a sim again for your household and change your sims outfits i see no point in over reacting for such a minor detail.

These are situational outfits. They are not in CAS, they are outfits that the game generates for situations and you cannot edit them unfortunately. Maxis keeps adding more to every pack: City Living outfits, Fake Vampire outfits, Rain Outfits, Celebrity Outfits, Island Living Outfits and Realm of Magic Outfits all of them have clothing and accessories that have nothing to do with the situation because again, the generator is so badly designed. If you have CC clothing and accessories, then the game will use them, even if they are disabled for random.

There is also a bug with accessories getting generated to other outfits, like towel outfits.
    And another bug with accessories getting stuck on situational outfits, for example the knight helmet from bar nights.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    logion wrote: »

Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them. Because the situational clothing generator works so badly. Same with how the game generates townies, no modder can fix the way the game generates townies and their outfits, the best thing they are able to do is to reduce townie generation. EA are even faking townies in their trailers because it looks so bad.

These are situational outfits. They are not in CAS, they are outfits that the game generates for situations and you cannot edit them unfortunately. Maxis keeps adding more to every pack: City Living outfits, Fake Vampire outfits, Rain Outfits, Celebrity Outfits, Island Living Outfits and Realm of Magic Outfits all of them have clothing and accessories that have nothing to do with the situation because again, the generator is so badly designed. If you have CC clothing and accessories, then the game will use them, even if they are disabled for random.

There is also a bug with accessories getting generated to other outfits, like towel outfits.
    And another bug with accessories getting stuck on situational outfits, for example the knight helmet from bar nights.

This! I'm glad you broke it down!

Let me add why should it be the modders' job to fix a game they didn't create? I never understood that. People need to stop letting Maxis/EA get away with things. No one is asking for a perfect game. But there are some annoyances/bugs that need to be addressed. So is it someone's fault for not wanting to use mods and ask for their game to be fixed by the people who developed it? Is asking for that truly overreacting?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

City Living broke townie generation for me, and it’s remained that way since release. Aside from the stupid outfits, my game would only generate Sims with Asian features and names. A patch not too long ago claimed to have fixed it, but I haven’t noticed any difference since the last time I’ve played.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    People are not overreacting just because they are bothered by something that doesn’t bother you.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's the Sims 3 all over again with mods needed to make the game work properly again. LOL Funny how history is repeating itself again especially with how much people didn't want the Sims 4 to be like the Sims 3 when it actually is in a lot of ways beyond just this. Story progression is borked too just like it was in the Sims 3.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm glad modders do what they do, however it IS NOT their job to fix anything. We paid money for a product and it should work, and it's really that simple. Relying on modders is not the answer. I'm happy to use their fixes in the meantime, but I shouldn't have to. Some people prefer a mod free game and they should be able to have that.

As for taking the townies into CAS myself to fix them... I barely like CAS for my own sims, there's so many outfits... I don't want to spend another 15 minutes "fixing" a townie (or even a sim I've already created) when I shouldn't have to. Besides, it's a futile effort since the next event/festival they will just change again.

What bothers me most is these outfits do get stuck sometimes, so once they're in the situational outfit, there is no going back until I do do something about it and that's frustrating as h*ck! :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2020
    Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them.

I beg to differ. It's entirely possible to set situational outfits that look okay. It's just a lot more work and wouldn't make sense as a mod as each and every piece of CAS content would have to be tweaked.

I got several mods that alter situational outfits, for instance for the Romance Festial. An other example is my partytoddlers mod, esp. the funeral module. There's also my trash panda overhaul and my betrothed outfit mod.
    All of these do create don't disable but alter situational outfits.

The thing is, altering situational outfits is a lot more work than just disabling them. Also, such mods are a lot bigger in size and more likely to clash with other mods. This is no excuse for EA not tagging their stuff correctly, though.

You might have noticed that the situational outfits from DU look a bit better than previous situational outfits.

Still I personally don't get why they should force situational outfits on Sims. Maybe they want to hide the townie generation problem (badly dressed townies). What we should get all along with getting rid of situational outfits is a tool to create our own styles and allow them to be put on townies randomly.

Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    It's the Sims 3 all over again with mods needed to make the game work properly again. LOL Funny how history is repeating itself again especially with how much people didn't want the Sims 4 to be like the Sims 3 when it actually is in a lot of ways beyond just this. Story progression is borked too just like it was in the Sims 3.
    I’ve played Sims 3 modless for 4 years and this particular problem I could easily solve with a cheat (testingcheatsenabled true and go into CAS).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them.

I beg to differ. It's entirely possible to set situational outfits that look okay. It's just a lot more work and wouldn't make sense as a mod as each and every piece of CAS content would have to be tweaked.

I got several mods that alter situational outfits, for instance for the Romance Festial. An other example is my partytoddlers mod, esp. the funeral module. There's also my trash panda overhaul and my betrothed outfit mod.
    All of these do create don't disable but alter situational outfits.

The thing is, altering situational outfits is a lot more work than just disabling them. Also, such mods are a lot bigger in size and more likely to clash with other mods. This is no excuse for EA not tagging their stuff correctly, though.

You might have noticed that the situational outfits from DU look a bit better than previous situational outfits.

Still I personally don't get why they should force situational outfits on Sims. Maybe they want to hide the townie generation problem (badly dressed townies). What we should get all along with getting rid of situational outfits is a tool to create out own styles and allow them to be put on townies randomly.

Oh yeah I forgot, you do have some nice mods that tunes them. I was mostly thinking of Deaderpool's mods and Zero's mods which disables them and instead the sims will use saved outfits.
    The situational outfits in DU does look somewhat better... but I can't tell if that is because there are less items in the tags for the DU outfits or not... organizational outfits do not seem to have that much different clothing.

As for the forcing with situational outfits and not even bothering to tag them correctly...no I really don't get it. Maxis are spending so much time and effort into making these worlds, these sims and their clothes... they are adding modeling...animations...and they are creating some great looking content.

Then they just randomize the generated sims and their outfits so they look awful and they also randomize situational outfits as well and then they make jokes about it?

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    People are not overreacting just because they are bothered by something that doesn’t bother you.
    How would you know if it bothers me? I mean sometimes it will bother me other times it will just make me laugh how they are dressed and I guess because I use mods it’s not bothering me.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641