Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL with this???!!!

I guess this is funny to most players and the devs, but it makes me angry. We certainly do NOT rule - no more throwing money at this joke of a game.

WLZVQd8.png

Comments

• silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Yiiiiikes... a pretty strong argument for accessories to be blacklisted on townies (I did laugh though).
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have never seen that hat before.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2020
    I hate weird townie fashion, but I hate even more the random hats and accessoires that MY sims wear when sitting in the sauna or wearing that hospital gown, when having babies. I mean, why the heck do they wear the eyeball ring with that gown?!

Or of course the festival/ events clothing on my sims that I don't play at the moment, fo example turbans or the christmas hats.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2020
    If you want to try and have a go at Answer HQ, this seems to be the main thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats/td-p/6904580

The thread is old though but people still post in it, I am not sure Maxis will ever fix this issue. I have tried for several years, giving them saves etc.
  • MelFoxMelFox Posts: 44 Member
    I did wonder why a sim I made myself had the usual towel, but also long gloves, rings, and socks on when she got out of the shower at the gym. Could it be the same reason? How do I make those go away, its going to annoy me every time she uses a shower at the gym.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Accessories on the towel outfit has a separate thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Towel-outfit-has-random-accessories/td-p/6874860

Again, I am not sure if Maxis will ever fix this. They have ignored it for 2 years.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I simply think it is hilarious and funny. I also wonder how the game chooses the disquise outfits for famous sims. They often look very silly, too.
  • LauriertjeLauriertje Posts: 10 New Member
    At first it is funny, but it irritates me too for like almost 4 years already... In my opinion they should just ban certain pieces, so that the world doesn't look like some sort of bad Halloween party :( People can still dress like they're crazy, but at least without the REALLY weird stuff.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Argh...how awful.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    And then they wonder why players are using mods to fix everything in this game...-_-;

They really need to stop ignoring all of these bugs and tuning problems with that, "Well, modders will fix it" attitude. There CAN be games that are well-made, consistently updated, and virtually bug free that still host a substantial modding community *cough*Stardew Valley*cough*, so there's no real excuse except for the team not being given the time and funding necessary to actually fix and improve the game.

EA, you're one of the biggest companies in the industry and you're being outdone by a game made by a single guy in his spare time, originally to strengthen his programming skills. Ya'll need to get on the good foot...

I know right?! This crap is exactly why!

• poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    And then they wonder why players are using mods to fix everything in this game...-_-;

They really need to stop ignoring all of these bugs and tuning problems with that, "Well, modders will fix it" attitude. There CAN be games that are well-made, consistently updated, and virtually bug free that still host a substantial modding community *cough*Stardew Valley*cough*, so there's no real excuse except for the team not being given the time and funding necessary to actually fix and improve the game.

EA, you're one of the biggest companies in the industry and you're being outdone by a game made by a single guy in his spare time, originally to strengthen his programming skills. Ya'll need to get on the good foot...

Stardew Valley is a fantastic game, but I'm also going to assume it has a lot less coding and potential issues than The Sims since there is less customization and less NPCs. Not to mention some of the ported versions of Stardew Valley do have issues.

That being said, really the only fix to townies wearing weird stuff is to blacklist them from townies. The more content in your game the more chances for them to wear something you don't approve of. I don't know if this is the solution though cause then your townies also won't wear rings, earrings, bracelets, etc. I guess it depends on which you want more, townies that have outfits that make sense minus accessories or the odd townie who is wearing flipflops and socks?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That's just awful :/
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

AMEN!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    *sighs* I hate this. The situational outfits need to just be removed. They aren't coded for anything other than "wear everything from every category" and it's not silly nor funny. The first time, yeah, it's a little silly but it gets old real fast. We set outfits and it's nullified by this ridiculousness.

Although, I do admit I laughed at her red socks with sandals, but yeah, if that were my game I would have rage quit.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    I guess this is funny to most players and the devs, but it makes me angry. We certainly do NOT rule - no more throwing money at this joke of a game.

WLZVQd8.png

Try avoiding showering at community lots too....it's as bad or worse.... I don't know how this hasn't been addressed after so long. One of the most visually annoying bugs in the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    In The Sims, I had a townie decide to wear some sort of costume I'd downloaded as part of a more normal clothing cc pack. I remember seeing a bizarre thing with bright yellow arms before my game crashed. Townies have always had terrible fashion sense - in all the Sims games.

Last week, I almost ran smack into a 6ft guy in 6 in platform pumps. This week, downtown will be infested with people wearing cowboy hats and rhinestone shirts, which offend my fashion sense far more than the 'townie' who thinks a snorkel is appropriate head gear for the gym. Never mind the scavenger hunt groups in various costumes, we've also got a guy who rollerblades around in a pink tutu.

Just not seeing the big issue, here. Maybe they could limit Sims to wearing the 'stylised' outfits, but then, all the townies would look the same (and you know they would all choose the same outfit). Which would be extremely creepy.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It gets even more "funny" when you have cc like a rifle and a bloody (not the swearword, literal blood) combat knife in your game. I disabled them for random, disabled for situational, for retail, basically disabled them for everything where I could untick a checkbox, but the game still loves to grab the weapons.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited January 2020
    In The Sims, I had a townie decide to wear some sort of costume I'd downloaded as part of a more normal clothing cc pack. I remember seeing a bizarre thing with bright yellow arms before my game crashed. Townies have always had terrible fashion sense - in all the Sims games.

Last week, I almost ran smack into a 6ft guy in 6 in platform pumps. This week, downtown will be infested with people wearing cowboy hats and rhinestone shirts, which offend my fashion sense far more than the 'townie' who thinks a snorkel is appropriate head gear for the gym. Never mind the scavenger hunt groups in various costumes, we've also got a guy who rollerblades around in a pink tutu.

Just not seeing the big issue, here. Maybe they could limit Sims to wearing the 'stylised' outfits, but then, all the townies would look the same (and you know they would all choose the same outfit). Which would be extremely creepy.

I think the biggest issue is when we give the townies makeovers or make our own townies and you see them around town like OPs pictures. I gave makeovers to all the premades and then created some of my own townies and it still grinds my gears when I see them in random outfits. I dont believe that specifically was a thing in past games. I know townies were always dressed oddly I remember seeing it in the sims 2 and 3. However with ones you've made or gave makeovers to they would still have the same outfits unless they were dressed for work. However in this game you go to the spa or a festival or even jog around your neighborhood at night and bam it's like you never gave them a makeover. Its frustrating.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited January 2020
    Maybe they just like kinky woohoo? kink y LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2020

Sims are already wearing the same outfits and I agree, it's creepy as hell. I'm not sure who thought that the influencer and celebrity mimicry in the game would be interesting. Not to mention, the Sims that all buy clothes from the same mannequins. (sigh)

I was very impressed with the way that Sims dressed at launch. They matched, outfits were attractive. Something has gone desperately wrong since then and I believe that, at this point, it is beyond fixing.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    This issue would irritate me a lot less if the game at least left my OWN sims alone. Playing one household and I see another one of my sims turn up with the most ridiculous out of imagined character outfit possible. At least with townies I can just kill or delete them. My own sim is stuck with this stupid outfit popping up forever.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I think the biggest issue is when we give the townies makeovers or make our own townies and you see them around town like OPs pictures. I gave makeovers to all the premades and then created some of my own townies and it still grinds my gears when I see them in random outfits. I dont believe that specifically was a thing in past games. I know townies were always dressed oddly I remember seeing it in the sims 2 and 3. However with ones you've made or gave makeovers to they would still have the same outfits unless they were dressed for work. However in this game you go to the spa or a festival or even jog around your neighborhood at night and bam it's like you never gave them a makeover. Its frustrating.
    Exactly. When sims dress in weird ways in the predecessors, you can at least fix it easily by giving them other outfits and they’ll never show up weird again. The problem here seems to be it’s not related to their outfits.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It's not confined to townies, at least in my games. I'm seeing this with premades and sometimes my own currently unplayed sims. In all possible situations. Even when my sim is home the walkbys are frequently hideous. Whatever is wrong is becoming increasingly widespread and common. Even if EA finds it funny, I do not - along with the OP and however many others. Someone needs to get their act together and soon before a large segment of the player base simply bails altogether. If libraries and book stores suddenly see an upsurge in business we'll know why.