Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugged things that can't be fixed should be removed

I just got (and yes, I reported it in the still open thread about it and clicked the "Me Too" button) the "Romance Festival Is Bugged And Won't De-spawn" bug.
And it's worse than before, I have waited all night during the romance festival, it is now 9am in my game and there are still three pillars and two tables that belong to the festival that refuses to de-spawn and block things in the square (the busk place is unusable because a pillar goes right thru it, for example).

What is irritating me the most is that the devs first said it was fixed back in 2016 but there is still an open thread on it because well, it wasn't. Now (from Summer 2019) they admit in the thread they can't really reproduce it despite getting save files sent to them.

The thread is STILL open, because people are still reporting it now in 2020.

My feedback is simple: If it is impossible to fix, disable one of the two festivals permanently, it seems obvious to me that the code just don't support two festivals in the same square no matter what...
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I would hate for them to disable them since I've never had this bug. But, I have noticed a few bugs that have been around for years, so I understand your frustration.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I heard a rumor that hygiene not filling for tub/shower combos was “fixed“ in the latest patch only because they removed what they gave us the patch before that which was the ability to do mud baths and soaks in all bathtubs.

I haven’t opened up my game to test this but wow that’s crazy to me.

This thread reminded me of that. If something is not working, should it be removed until it is working again? Hmm idk because it probably works for some people so those would be missing out.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't know about removing entirely since, as the others have said, not all bugs effect everyone. However, it's definitely horrid that we've had bugs for over 4 years that are no closer to being fixed today.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that since Sims 4 is hanging around longer than other games, they'll take time to address the existing bugs at some point before adding anything new. But, I'm not hopeful. There were some big ones in the past. The sky in Sims 2 comes to mind. Before Seasons, the sky had stars, a moon, clouds... Seasons added boxes to lots that allowed them to have weather, but the boxes covered up the sky and it was never seen again. It was always just blue after that. You could get skyboxes from modders that had skies painted on them, but there was never actually a fix.
    And there were lots of smaller ones with both 2&3 that were never addressed. It doesn't spark much hope.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I also don't have that bug even though I visit the festivals frequently and never stay until the end. I've once had it and deleted the bugged items using the destroyobjects cheat. This solved the problem permanently for me - it didn't ever return since.

So I'd be really sad if they disabled one of the two festivals.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Bugs like this are tricky ones because they're not regular. There's no set 'This causes the bug, so this is what to fix' mechanism happening. If not everybody gets it, there must be a unique set of circumstances for the bug to appear - alternatively, it's purely random. You can't go disabling a bug that not everybody gets - I've never had it and I'm not the only one, either.

The thing is, the Devs can't fix a bug they aren't personally able to find. I create careers for Sims 3 and sometimes, somebody will find a bug I just cannot reproduce. As a result, I can't fix it if I can't find it - it's impossible, isn't it? People have different game setups - a variety of different packs installed, some use CC and mods, others don't. Those that do might have one out of date. A lot of things could be a factor here but if not everybody's getting the bug, then it's not something that's easily fixed. Removing the festivals because a small percentage are having trouble with it isn't right because the feature isn't universally broken. The shower/tubs combo was a bit different - everybody had that. So removing it probably is the best option until they can solve that issue but removing the festivals when it's not a universal issue isn't going to work. It's nobody's fault here - it's just a difficult issue to reproduce when not everybody is getting it.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I wouldn't remove them. What if it's a major feature in a pack someone paid for? How would it be fair to remove it? I completely understand what you mean so dont get me wrong. I'm just trying to look at it from another perspective. I experience quite a bit of bugs in my game and if they removed the ones they haven't fixed over the years well what's left in the game? Or that's how I feel lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There should be a toggle to turn off festivals in CL. This bug has been around since CL was released.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There should be a toggle to turn off festivals in CL. This bug has been around since CL was released.

Exactly This is a VERY common bug, that either has never been fixed OR has been re-introduced several times over. It is also very disruptive and have now rendered the Fashion District unusable for me forever in this save.
  • Options

Even though I've never seen this bug, I would like this toggle. There are times when I would be happy to turn the festivals off for awhile. I don't feel the need to have them all the time.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member

This would be the best solution for this problem, since not everyone gets the bug. I have had it off and on. It can be very frustrating, but I don't have it all the time, so I wouldn't want festivals disabled completely.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Exactly This is a VERY common bug, that either has never been fixed OR has been re-introduced several times over. It is also very disruptive and have now rendered the Fashion District unusable for me forever in this save.

I've never had that bug. I'm very sorry you're having problems though, have you tried AHQ?
  • Options

I've never had that bug. I'm very sorry you're having problems though, have you tried AHQ?

Yes. As I said I have reported it (again). And as I said the devs first claimed this was fixed back in 2016 (in the bug report at AHQ), then had to come back and admit that no, it wasn't (in 2018, which means they thought they had fixed it for two years, in the same thread at AHQ) and asking for save files since they need help fixing it (also in 2018).
    The thread is still going, people (like me) keep posting "me too" and "still broken" to this day, in a bug report filed first in 2016.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not experience most bugs some may experience and that is not to say I will never experience them. The problem may be be is that with certain bugs they need an certain routine to activate them and one may not never see them or it may take awhile to activate them. However glitches may sometimes get classified as an bug when an glitch is different than an bug as glitches are more affilated with specs than coding and glitches may be harder to recipicate than an bug. For me I do not see an need to remove an item or feature as long as it does not affect the game as whole. However, EA/Maxis must focus and priortize what they must fix an little harder and sadly EA/Maxis does not have an good track record on doing that for me as I look at previous games and even those outside of the series.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think things are worse than people just playing Sims titles. I took some time to look through some other EA game title forums today.
    BAD is the only word to describe it.

Need For Speed, FIFA, Star Wars, ALL EA games are full of bugs and bad code continually being pointed out in the forums and all users get the same short shove aside by EA. This attitude seems to be endemic in the entire company.
    EA seem to have deep seated problems around ethics and satisfactory work.

Well, is it up to the user to sort this by giving our hard earned moneys to someone else?
    Does anybody at EA even give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

And you auto edited out a single last word that is a legit word of the English Language, you are so sad EA.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I'm hoping that since Sims 4 is hanging around longer than other games, they'll take time to address the existing bugs at some point before adding anything new. But, I'm not hopeful. There were some big ones in the past. The sky in Sims 2 comes to mind. Before Seasons, the sky had stars, a moon, clouds... Seasons added boxes to lots that allowed them to have weather, but the boxes covered up the sky and it was never seen again. It was always just blue after that. You could get skyboxes from modders that had skies painted on them, but there was never actually a fix.
    And there were lots of smaller ones with both 2&3 that were never addressed. It doesn't spark much hope.

Couldn't help but think of...

"We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky."
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

"We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky."

Hahaha. I totally read that with Morpheus' voice in my head.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Hahaha. I totally read that with Morpheus' voice in my head.

Haha that's how it was meant to be read :joy:
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I hate City Living. Hate it.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

It is my favorite world, and my favorite pack.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I'll see that and raise you an I Hate Cities Period! ROFL.
    Is a countryboy and doesn't even like visiting any city, they smell bad!