Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theres no slow dancing???

MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
edited December 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really liked the option to slow dance in TS3 why did they take it out?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    BUDGET
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    BUDGET

Cheapos....

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm hoping they're saving it for a romance pack. If you're open to using mods thepancake1 I think hes called, has one call interactions from the past. They can slow dance, dance on counters, use small telescopes, the sky dive machine. I love it when my sims autonomously slow dance it's so cute. <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They didn't take it out, they just never put in into the current version.
    Personally, I think it's because the developers don't know how to dance.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    It was present in TS2 as well and very well done. Fully agree with ChadSims2, btw. This also may well explain why when sims play chess it's just random movements, not an actual game (again as in TS2), and why there's no pool table - again with an actual game being played.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Nobody knows for sure beyond speculation, but there seems to be some serious issue with the developers getting Sims to actually interact with one another. Most of the group interactions are messy. Take, for instance, snowball fights. They won't even face each other as they throw snowballs, lol. It's such bad and embarrassing quality that it's actually laughable.

Group dancing suffers the same problem. Unless you're doing the synchronized dance moves where Sims look like robots doing the same exact dance routine, they don't dance together. They just dance, while happening to be near each other.

When people are disappointed in The Sims 4, it's really things like that which come up in conversation. Ending support of The Sims 3 and scrapping open world to start all over with the purpose of focusing on Sims themselves should have resulted in things like this to be the LEAST likely scenario. But, as we see, that's not the case, and then the next question that comes up is, beyond the obvious cash-grab, what is The Sims 4's purpose and contribution to the series?

MO' MONEY

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sacrificial has a great slowdance mod. I have it but I still hope we get it in the game.
  • Options
    Sacrificial has a great slowdance mod. I have it but I still hope we get it in the game.

Can i get that mod

• Options
    MaxieMix wrote: »

Can i get that mod

Yes. Just Google slowdance mod. Not only can you slowdance but you can also dance close and makeout when slowdancing.
  • Options

Can i get that mod

Yes. Just Google slowdance mod. Not only can you slowdance but you can also dance close and makeout when slowdancing.

AWESOME

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Probably the same reason they avoid all group activities sports games and so on this game was designed as an online chatting game talking is about all Sims can do together.
    You forgot the dressing up part ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I ask myself why they have taken a lot of things out of this game. Dancing together is just one of many things which has been taken from what used to be a very good game until Sims 4. I'm assuming it's because it was intended to be an online game but who knows?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Probably the online thing. Played one once, ages ago, and the only way to get interaction was if another live player happened to connect with you. It was just a solo 'sim' wandering the map doing whatever task came to hand. I keep finding things that are clearly from online roots. TS4 should have been only a temporary plug while they developped a proper engine for a game of this genre. Alas, they decided to go with the mess at hand.
  • Options
    Sucom wrote: »
    I ask myself why they have taken a lot of things out of this game. Dancing together is just one of many things which has been taken from what used to be a very good game until Sims 4. I'm assuming it's because it was intended to be an online game but who knows?

Same with boats. In TS4 only one sim per boat vs Sims 3 were 2 sims can share a boat. I rely on mods for romance. Now Sacrificial's stargazing mod is good.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm hoping they're saving it for a romance pack. If you're open to using mods thepancake1 I think hes called, has one call interactions from the past. They can slow dance, dance on counters, use small telescopes, the sky dive machine. I love it when my sims autonomously slow dance it's so cute. <3

Romance has been majorly neglected in this version. Remember the fact that we only have one official wedding dress in the game? It's just really sad. I hope next year there's a Hot Date pack sort of deal, with a honey moon location, chemestry, turn ons and turn offs, more wedding stuff and improved date system. Plus lots of new romance interactions.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's not there because it can be the cash cow that gets players to buy a nonsensical pack that no one really wants (think of something you wouldn't normally buy) just because it has slow dancing returned to The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I really liked the option to slow dance in TS3 why did they take it out?

There's a mod for that, though, the Passionate Romance Mod. You can look it up. It's quick and painless to extract into your Mods folder and it works and comes with some other niceties. My only beef with it is the slow dance seems to take way longer than can be justified, but they do get relationship perks from it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's not there because it can be the cash cow that gets players to buy a nonsensical pack that no one really wants (think of something you wouldn't normally buy) just because it has slow dancing returned to The Sims.

No one's going to buy into that even if they offered it, though, because the mod is free, reliable, and easy to use.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    I'm a new player and this REALLY stuck out to me. Isn't slow dancing one of the hallmarks of a basic romantic journey? Whether it's at a wedding, a party, or whatever, don't we all want to watch people sway while they look into each others' eyes and think "Is this the one?" Definitely agree with people talking about a romance pack. Currently, all you have to do to elevate love is to have two people in a good mood performing love socials on each other, and that just isn't enough for most of us. Romance as a genre is about the journey, not two days of positive moods and flirting before becoming soulmates and marrying. Also, would be nice if the romance pack included like a "Ball" party so we'd have another reason to use formal wear.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019

No one's going to buy into that even if they offered it, though, because the mod is free, reliable, and easy to use.

You'd be surprised. I can see the posts now, players saying they are buying a stuff pack they would never use,,, ever, just for Slow Dancing! woot! lol Marketing is one crafty exploit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

From what I've seen from the slow dancing mod there is major clipping like one hand inside the other Sim in one video. So maybe its just me but that would annoy me to the point I could not use it which is why I have never downloaded it. So put me in the group that would buy any pack its in hopefully a generations, romance or wedding pack where it would actually fit in and a theme I want.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Nobody knows for sure beyond speculation, but there seems to be some serious issue with the developers getting Sims to actually interact with one another. Most of the group interactions are messy. Take, for instance, snowball fights. They won't even face each other as they throw snowballs, lol. It's such bad and embarrassing quality that it's actually laughable.

Group dancing suffers the same problem. Unless you're doing the synchronized dance moves where Sims look like robots doing the same exact dance routine, they don't dance together. They just dance, while happening to be near each other.

When people are disappointed in The Sims 4, it's really things like that which come up in conversation. Ending support of The Sims 3 and scrapping open world to start all over with the purpose of focusing on Sims themselves should have resulted in things like this to be the LEAST likely scenario. But, as we see, that's not the case, and then the next question that comes up is, beyond the obvious cash-grab, what is The Sims 4's purpose and contribution to the series?

Yeah, Sims 3 (and maybe 2? sorry) has a *fast* dance "with" interaction that looks really smooth, like whoa skillz! Haha. It may not fit every clumsy, ol' sim but they DEFINITELY dance *together,* even fast, if you direct them to dance with and not just dance (near).

I tried to start this at 29 seconds, but it won't. :/ This video is jittery and laggy, but these dances look REALLY smooth in my game, I swear. Haha. :D

https://youtu.be/Ezrpr9s_o1s?t=29

And then there are apparently more club dances that I haven't experienced yet (except table dance, hehe), because I just haven't done all the stuff or played clubs much (and skill is involved). I see them in the video now. Awesome. They all work well together.

And then there's the Smustle, more common in Sims 2 since it doesn't require any skill. Sims 2 sims do that all the time, including together. It's AWESOME.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    @simmerLella Aww, the slow dance is so sweet!! I really wish I could see it happen in my story!