Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nov. 12th Patch Question / Rant: No More Alien Vampires? Seriously?

AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The latest patch states that Sims CANNOT have two occult stati at the same time, i.e. your Alien can no longer become a Vampire. But there is a small problem with that. Alien Sims are sometimes spawned with the Master Vampire Aspiration. Now, they will NEVER be able to achieve that.

My Sim fell in love with a game generated Alien Sim and said Alien's life aspiration is to become a Master Vampire. As I had never tried any of the vampire stuff before, so I decided NOT to change the Alien's aspiration and am having him make friends with Vlad and the other Vampires the game keeps randomly creating to visit my bars. My Alien has FINALLY gotten his relationship with Vlad high enough that he can ask to be made a vampire ... and now this.

So, after ALL THAT WORK I can't fulfill my Sim's aspiration because he is an Alien? Is that what you are telling me? Are you seriously telling me that I have wasted almost 20 hours of game play over the course of a two weeks (because I do have a job and limited vacation days) to fulfill an aspiration that is now COMPLETELY UNFULFILLED because .... because why?

Why? Why was it so important that Aliens NOT become vampires? Why? Was this that game breaking a thing that it had to be removed ASAP? And why now? Why not, you know, shortly after the Vampire pack was released? What horrible game destroying nerf did you discover over the course of two years that you have now decided one occult per Sim?

I know it sounds like I am angry, but I am not. I am just SUPER frustrated with you, Sims Team. The community has been BEGGING for so many features over the last few years, and all you do it take things away. Alien babies? Let's make it super hard to do without mods and cheats instead of adding an option in the menu to turn it off if you don't want them. Running a store from your home? No, no one needs that even though mods that add that feature are super popular. More traits for the Sims and a wider range of emotions? Pfff, too hard. Besides there are mods for that. But a Sims that is both an Alien and a Vampire? Or a Witch and a Mermaid? WE NEED TO STOP THAT &#$^% NOW!!!!!!!

Seriously, guys ... if you don't give a crap about your game anymore, just give it to the modding community and let them handle it from now on.

Comments

• Options
    GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    I agree. Some of the stuff that’s been done seem random. I feel like Sims 4 isn’t as good as Sims 3 was. The game should be evolving and feel leaps better, but it just feels like they’re piecemealing build/buy and gameplay into smaller and smaller packs, when Sims 3 actually gave you value for your money.
    It’s also really irritating that they keep taking things from packs we’ve paid for and giving them to everyone. This time, it’s a radio station. Last time, it was clothes and build/buy. They try to justify this by retaining exclusive color swatches for the packs. This is NOT fair. We paid for those packs and they are diminishing the value. If they want to give free stuff to everyone, then they need to create new things.
    It’s bad enough that the packs are getting more and more anemic and some items are just slightly reskinned from other packs. ROM should have been an expansion and been more like Sims 3 where it was a lot more for the money. The Ghost pack that’s part of the vote should have been part of ROM.
    ROM should also have had a furniture set that was fancy, as the nature-y furniture looks like it belongs in a log cabin, rather than a fancy witch’s house.
    Look, I know it’s EA and this is the stuff they’re known for in other games, but given that owning all the Sims packs is insanely expensive, we really should be getting the bang for our buck, like we used to with Sims 3.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it was never an intentional feature to begin with, and it was extraordinarily buggy whenever it'd happen.

on a side note, did it really take you 20 hours just to develop a friendship with vlad? :o
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited November 2019
    It was never supposed to happen in the first place and when it did it was extremely buggy. The only way to get a hybrid was to mate though and have them born in game. It might not be much of a consolation, but Vlad would likely not have bit that alien of yours. You'd get a message saying they don't like the taste of that blood, and that was pre-patch.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I wonder what will happen to already existing hybrids? Will the game just randomly pick who they are meant to be or delete them altogether? Now I am getting scared to update.
  • Options
    I wonder what will happen to already existing hybrids? Will the game just randomly pick who they are meant to be or delete them altogether? Now I am getting scared to update.

Mine stayed hybrid. :) (and glitchy but they stayed hyrbrid!) Not sure what would happen if you tried to upload or download them from the gallery now though, if it would force one. I have some saved in my library, maybe I will check on that tomorrow.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have a vampire spellcaster whom I am really fond of, I don't want to lose him. His hybrid status is an important part of his story, so losing it would mess it up. He is glitchy, but happy :)
    Perhaps the update meant that there just won't be more born in game?
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It might be something yet again we need mods for
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    It might be something yet again we need mods for

MCCC has it covered.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I have a vampire spellcaster whom I am really fond of, I don't want to lose him. His hybrid status is an important part of his story, so losing it would mess it up. He is glitchy, but happy :)
    Perhaps the update meant that there just won't be more born in game?

That's what I interpreted it to mean, and mine in game seemed to be in tact, although I didn't check everyone (I have a lot of them, LOL, and yeah they're all glitchy) but the 2 that I did check seemed ok. I'm not sure if they retain this status now though if you were to upload them, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm curious, and I already have some saved to my library. I'd like to see if they: 1. Keep their hybrid status when I add them to a different game and 2. If I upload them fresh again and put into another save if then they lose or keep it.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @Pamtastic72 I forgot that we could do that MCCC. Thank goodness because I love having occult hybrids
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    GeddonTowerGeddonTower Posts: 29 Member
    I agree with some of the comments above, it was never intended to have hybrids of occult Sims, it would be very buggy. Imagine a vampire-wizard, first of all it would be too powerful hahaha, but also the skills and energy bars would be stack/overlapped and could be a serious bug. Also, personally I like supernatural Sims, but not hybrids hehe...
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I am also concerned about this update. I have two vampire-spellcasters and an alien-spellcaster, all of which I created using the cheat to add the spellcaster hidden trait to the already created vampire or alien. There are a couple minor UI quirks for the vampires, but otherwise the combo of spellcaster plus other occult sims has been working great for me with no glitches.

However, because you can't edit the dark form or disguise form while the spellcaster trait is active, I frequently remove the spellcaster trait when I want to edit those second forms and then add it back in again with the cheat after I'm done editing. It even lets you do this without losing spellcaster progress. For this reason, I need to be able to use the cheat to both add and remove the spellcaster trait on a regular basis for already existing sims.

So I'm really hoping this update hasn't removed the ability to use that cheat. I haven't updated my game yet (waiting for mod updates) so I haven't been able to check.

The cheats I am asking about are:

traits.equip_trait trait_occult_witchoccult

and

traits.remove_trait trait_occult_witchoccult

Does anyone know (or would you kindly be willing to check) if you can still use these cheats to add and remove the spellcaster trait for vampires or aliens? Or does it not let you do that any more?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    it was never an intentional feature to begin with, and it was extraordinarily buggy whenever it'd happen.

on a side note, did it really take you 20 hours just to develop a friendship with vlad? :o

Sadly, yes. Again, it was 20 hours over the course of two weeks and it mainly took that long because my game was bugging out (finally figured out why and the reason is SO stupid), so doing ANYTHING was a challenge. Finally fixed the bug and was getting ready to ask when I heard about the update, but here are some of the more memorable "so close" moments;

1.) Invited Vlad to a house party at sun down but he refused to go inside. I figured since it was after 6pm he would be fine but he suddenly burst into flames and died on my porch. Restart from last save.

2.) Invited Vlad over after 8pm to a dinner party. He got into a fight with Bella Goth the moment he entered the house, who slapped him senseless and got into a HUGE fight in my living room (later realized the party was being held on Brawl Day which is why she went berserk). He left right after that.

3.) Called, texted and emailed Vlad every chance my Sim got so the relationship was fairly high. Invited him over after 8pm. He arrived, knocked on my door, I invited him in and he turned around and left with the message "It is getting late I should go." appearing in the upper right corner. Main Sim had baby after that so Alien's attention was a bit diverted after that, thus the relationship with Vlad took a hit.

4.) Vlad invited my Alien to his house. Sent him over, they talked and played chess and I finally got the ability to ask to be turned into a vampire when a notice came up stating that Vlad was asking me to leave because I was over staying my welcome. Every time my Sim spoke to him after that he got angry at him and their relationship started to drop. Rage quit, realized I had not saved recently, cussed for a bit, played with my real life cat who was concerned by all the swearing then restarted from last save.

5.) Met Vlad at random on a community lot. Got relationship up fairly high when, for what ever reason, the entire lot reset to how it was 5 minutes ago and I lost all progress in the relationship. Hunkered down to start working on the relationship again when Vlad left. Internally cried.

6.) Gave up on Vlad and started talking to one of the other vampires the DLC had introduced. Got relationship fairly high and was about to invite her over when I realized she was no longer on my contact list. I could not email, call or text her. Two minutes later I got a call from her Ghost asking if I wanted to go to the Romance Festival.

It was then that I realized my game was bugged. I had been having trouble with Sims not washing dishes and my toddler randomly teleporting around the house during a storm. After searching the forum, I learned that if a Sim puts a dirty dish on a shelf they cannot reach it starts bugging out the house hold. I naively said "I don't have shelves, there is no way this is the issue" but turned on the Full Wall view and discovered dozens of stacks of dirty dishes hiding on some items I thought were simply wall decorations but apparently DO functions as storage. Cleaned up the dishes, deleted the shelves, repaired the game and all the bugs went away. It was at the end of this play through that I got the relationship with Vlad up to where it needed to be and decided to ask to be a Vampire next time I could play. Le sigh.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Alorxico wrote: »

Sadly, yes. Again, it was 20 hours over the course of two weeks and it mainly took that long because my game was bugging out (finally figured out why and the reason is SO stupid), so doing ANYTHING was a challenge. Finally fixed the bug and was getting ready to ask when I heard about the update, but here are some of the more memorable "so close" moments;

Cleaned up the dishes, deleted the shelves, repaired the game and all the bugs went away. It was at the end of this play through that I got the relationship with Vlad up to where it needed to be and decided to ask to be a Vampire next time I could play. Le sigh.

oh that's too bad

I'm not too sure it would have worked anyway though, even before the patch. The only ways to get it to occur previously that I know of were through cheats or births
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Alorxico rotfl I'm sorry but I burst out laughing at those adventures with vlad. 😂😂😂😂😂 then when you finally thought you hit it off with someone they became a ghost!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

After you went through all of that and can't get a hybrid my heart goes out to you 💗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    personally im glad this is fixed (it sucks for everyone who has it tho) but after my glitchy AF mermaid/spellcaster i dont want anymore hybrids.

i killed this sim as soon as i could as he was stuck with a creepy mermaid tail that wouldnt go away, nor could i edit his mermaid form so he was stuck half naked with a glitchy tail. it was an aweful experience and as cool as having a hybrid is, i wont be inviting glitched out sims into my games on purpose.

as they previously, and others above stated, it was never intended and for all we know its taken them this long to get enough files and work out how to stop it...

i for one hope they're working on hybrids and can bring them out naturally so that sim i murdered hypothetically could have been a mermaid, mermaid/spellcaster, spellcaster or nothing.