Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: University edition

Comments

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    @luthienrising this is the broken mods thread, right? which is why I posted it here so it will be seen.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    DarkPoet1967DarkPoet1967 Posts: 8 New Member
    @luthienrising Sadly I have tried other mods I have found but none do what I am looking for. I will keep my eyes open to see if those mods in particular get updated and I will let you know. Cheers.
  • Options
    DarkPoet1967DarkPoet1967 Posts: 8 New Member
    @luthienrising I failed to mention this broken mod, sorry for my oversight:

No_Drink_And_Drain_Restrictions+VampireToVampireFeeding (PrincessVee)

This mod does the same as the original but allows vampire to vampire feeding sans the recovery cooldown.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    @luthienrising this is the broken mods thread, right? which is why I posted it here so it will be seen.

I think her intention was for you to also report the LE to Beinchen directly as it occurred after she reported it as updated. It is not guaranteed that she will see it here although she does frequent the forums.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    There is an issue with one of Bienchens updated pets mods. "buypettreat" via the computer. You can buy pet treats with this mod and other pet stuff like a ball etc. It is is given me LE "petPickerInteraction_ToyBallPet_PlayFetch_Pool."
    I've tested it without any other mod installed. When I delete the mod, no more LE's. Just to let everybody know just in case you get this LE and have the updated bypettreat mod.

Here is the LE:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>3cfa5b983a60778a5dee4739</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-12-09 14:11:55</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.58.69.1010-1.300.000.122.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:197</categoryid><desyncid>3cfa5b983a60778a5dee4739</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.petPickerInteraction_ToyBallPet_PlayFetch_Pool'> (AttributeError: 'SimInfo' object has no attribute 'location') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\commands.py", line 395, in invoke_command File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\interaction_commands.py", line 561, in generate_choices File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 113, in add_potential_aops File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 200, in add_aop File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 170, in is_valid_aop File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 166, in test File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 2315, in test File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 567, in run_tests File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 130, in __call__ File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\world\pool_size_test.py", line 39, in __call__ File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 197, in __getattr__ AttributeError: 'SimInfo' object has no attribute 'location' rtim=0 Client Session Time: 24.83 Num Save Errors: 0 Num Load Errors: 0 </desyncdata></report>
    </root>

You definately can not buy a pet ball with my buypettreat mod. The mod is exclusively limited to pet treats and doesn't need an update. If you can buy pet balls via the computer then you have another mod installed that obviously conflicts with mine if it allows for buying pet balls from the computer as well.
    Or do you mean my buymorephone_mod that allows for buying stuff from the PHONE (not bet balls though, they can by bought as presents from the phone by default, not because of my mod)?
    On a side note, the LE you mention doesn't mention any of my mods or tuning files that are altered by my mods (which is of course no guarantee that they aren't caused by one of my mods).
    Also, it's a known EA issue that toy pet balls are glitched and tend to cause LEs.

That being said, I have been on hiatus for a few weeks and even though I'm back I still have very little time for modding left right before Christmas. As much as I love to keep my mods up to date, people should not forget that I'm a single person taking care of over 300 mods (I've lost count of how many exactly) all on her own in my free time. I've got three children, a house, health issues and a full time job to take care of.

When it comes to reading the forums, I'm not much different from every other player that comes here. I'm looking for news, not for people mentioning one of my mods somewhere buried in a thread. I check when I'm tagged or contacted directly, but I am far from having enough time to find any other posts about my mods or issues with them.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @83bienchen Sorry that I haven’t also posted on your mods page yet due to my work (shift) schedule. You‘re right, you can‘t buy a pet ball with your mod, only medicine/treats. I got that a bit mixed up, sorry for that. What I meant was when having your updated mod installed, it gives me the pet ball LE. Not with your previous version though which I still have in my backups. Therefore I know that this updated version is the culprit. I use very little of game modifications and the only pets mods I have is yours and om’s playable pets mod. Again, sorry for the confusion here.
    You are a great modder and your hard work is very much appreciated.

• Options
    Thanks for the further input.
    So you say that with the buypettreat version from 15th November 2018, you do not get the Pet Treat LE? That is weird, because the only difference in both version are two lines of code added by EA with a patch somewhere in fall 2019. That's why I changed my mod, because it was no longer using the EA coding. I thought that it had to be changed becaus other buy mods (like the buymore_phone mod) did no longer work without changing the coding in accordance with the new EA coding. I will try wether the old version still works. Do you have DU and is your game at the newest patch level, @LuvMySimz? Do you get LEs when you play without either version or did you only test with the older version of my mod installed?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    the child spellcaster on mod the sims was removed from the site
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

That being said, I have been on hiatus for a few weeks and even though I'm back I still have very little time for modding left right before Christmas. As much as I love to keep my mods up to date, people should not forget that I'm a single person taking care of over 300 mods (I've lost count of how many exactly) all on her own in my free time. I've got three children, a house, health issues and a full time job to take care of.

@83bienchen YOU are amazing! Thank you for all your mods! Please DO take a break and enjoy the Holidays with your family!
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    the child spellcaster on mod the sims was removed from the site
    She decided to delete since MTS was giving her problems. You can find her mods on tumblr or her website: https://ferdianasims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @83bienchen My game is fully patched as you can see in the LE. And yes, I did buy the DU pack, but uninstalled because of all the new issues. I‘m still busy fixing old CC first and stuff where EA changed the bone assignment like beds and showers etc. Maybe I‘m getting the LE because I uninstalled DU? I thought that your new version was only DU patch related, it didn‘t say that the DU pack is needed for it to work, did it? I tested both versions, no LE with the older version and no LE without the mod.
    Well, no worries, it seems that I‘m only getting LE with the new version when a family has a pool and a ball in one of the Sims inventory, but has no pet to throw it at. I‘ll investigate further and let you know, thanks.

• Options
    LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
  • Options
    jessalliejessallie Posts: 27 Member
    Is anyone successfully using LMS's updated version of " Shimrod's Less musical chairs no group chat" mod? She has stated that it's compatible on ModtheSims but it doesn't work at all for me. It's a real annoying feature in my game that is driving me nuts.
  • Options
    @LittleMsSam that‘s strange because I really just get this when the said updated mod is in my game and NEVER before did I have a Pet ball LE, nor with the previous version. Really, really strange. Who knows what the new patch broke again... Thanks for the link/info though. I will take the mod completely out, do a complete new install and then see if I will get a pet ball LE again. Thanks Sam.

• Options
    I tested the November 2018 version and as I suspected, it is not working. The buy medicine menu won't show up at all with the old version installed.

I actually meant the issue LittleMsSam has provided the bug report for when I was talking about EA caused LEs yesterday.
  • Options
    DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    @LuvMySimz Sorry, I just couldnt' contain myself any longer, but aren't you just a bit overreacting? It's only an LE for heaven's sake! They happen, even in an unmodded game. If it doesn't break your game, you're mostly safe to ignore it. Two of the world's best modders have already weighed in on this and you're still on about a pet ball LE? Please don't get this the wrong way, I'm just telling you that it's really not the end of the world and re-installing the game is, at least in my books, complete overkill.
    Also, no need to reply to this as Luthienrising is probably already going to have a fit for the clutter this has caused here. Thank you.
  • Options
    @DMDCT I really don‘t think that it is any of your business of how I handle my game. I accused one of bienchens mod of being the culprit for my LE and the least I can do is to make extra sure that this is really not the case. That‘s the way I am whether you like that or not, thank you.

• Options
    blicblocksimsblicblocksims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, thank you to the creators of this thread, it's a lifesaver! I have a quick question for the general public: Does anyone know of a mod, that's up to date with the current patch, that fixes the stupid kiss gap glitch and or improves romance animations?
  • Options
    @jessallie Not sure if you asked this on discord too but it still works fine in my Game. Did you test without any other Mod/CC to see if you have a Mod Conflict?
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • Options
    @LuvMySimz I can tell you i got this LE and don't have Bienchens Mod in. Best way to test this is indeed have her Mod out, have a Ball in your Inventory and a Pet and maybe a Pool and just play the Game for a while. I got the Error even without a Pool anywhere though. Just a Ball in my Inventory and a Pet on the Lot.
  • Options
    jessalliejessallie Posts: 27 Member
    @LittleMsSam That's funny because the no musical chairs part works fine. It's just the group chat that doesn't.
  • Options
    @jessallie Tested without any Mods? I know at least one Mod that does use the same Files like i do and would conflict.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hey, all! There are going to be LOTS of Mods No Longer Needed with today's patch. Check the patch notes here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970121/december-12th-2019-patch-notes
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Are there gonna be any broken mods?

Not guaranteeing it, but I'd say it's unlikely.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.