Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Great Supernatural Debate

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Supernaturals are my favorite sims to play!
    Vampire and Werewolf are enough for me, I like playing occult where they manage to live a normal life and blend with others while keeping their inner beast tame.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Reality is boring. I play The Sims to escape from reality and live in a world where oddness and occults are king. :)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    They’re definitely my favourites.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I don't play them ALL the time, I like to play different kind of Sims with every generation. But I think we could use some more. After all, I had to download a mod to make my Sim a Superhero....not a supernatural that's correct, but like I said I like different ways of playing.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I like Vampires and Spellcasters. Plant people and fish people, not so much.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I love vampires the most. Spellcasters are fun too. Aliens and mermaids are okay.
    As much fun as these supernaturals are I don't want any more of them. Enough is enough.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I like aliens, but nothing else. But, I'm very glad that EA is introducing the supernaturals in GPs, so that I have a choice and those who love them aren't deprived. It's a Win-Win. :)

I agree, GP's are a good format to bring supernaturals. If you want to avoid them you can without missing out on other gameplay. In a supernatural GP they are not bundled with other gameplay and have a chance to be better developed.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other
    I don’t mind playing supernaturals I don’t hate them but don’t play them that often. I prefer realistic gameplay over supernatural most of the time unless it fits my story I want to tell
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Supernaturals just are not fun for me I really have no desire to play them and the only aspect of making them fun for me is never implemented in Sims games. What's the point of vampires without a vampire hunter for me there is none give me Van Helsing or Buffy slaying vampires. Vampire enters community lot the lot becomes locked unable to leave it and I cant have a Sim do a thing about it such as a splash of holy water fight them or put a stake through the heart you know actual vampire content. Studying vampire lore should have been separated one for vampires to gain knowledge another for regular Sims who could learn to defeat them at this point they get garlic braids so fun, where's the gameplay?

Except that a regular sim CAN study vampire lore, level up and learn how to defeat vampires with garlic and even make the cure and then splash it on them and use it.

Pretty sure he wants to kill them, not cure them.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Supernaturals just are not fun for me I really have no desire to play them and the only aspect of making them fun for me is never implemented in Sims games. What's the point of vampires without a vampire hunter for me there is none give me Van Helsing or Buffy slaying vampires. Vampire enters community lot the lot becomes locked unable to leave it and I cant have a Sim do a thing about it such as a splash of holy water fight them or put a stake through the heart you know actual vampire content. Studying vampire lore should have been separated one for vampires to gain knowledge another for regular Sims who could learn to defeat them at this point they get garlic braids so fun, where's the gameplay?

Except that a regular sim CAN study vampire lore, level up and learn how to defeat vampires with garlic and even make the cure and then splash it on them and use it.

Pretty sure he wants to kill them, not cure them.

Killing never has been or will be in the sims. Yes we have ways to do this but not at direct hands of another sim, we can imagine it, but yeah... ok, if that's what was meant then that would be a different game entirely.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I love spellcasters, mermaids and vampires. Aliens I can do without, I am taking every possible precaution to keep my sims as far away from them as possible, abduction is a big no for me.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    I don't care.
    never played them, don't really care to. they just don't appeal to me
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    Supernaturals are fun. I like playing them. I also like playing as humans. It is cool to be able to pick. Diversity is great. <3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    Other
    Witches/Spellcasters only.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm a big sci-fi and fantasy nerd, so supernaturals are my absolute favorite sims to play. When all I had was Aliens, I played with them almost exclusively. When I got Vampires, they became my main focus because they were so much more fleshed-out than the Aliens. Now I have Spellcasters, and I'm playing with both them and Vampires. I'm still waiting on my Werewolves, as well as fixes to the state of Plantsims...and, yeah, I'll get to the darn fish eventually...

With TS4, it's been frustrating because of the intense procrastination in terms of supernatural releases. Ghosts came shortly after launch and aliens a few months later with GTW, but then we get two years between Aliens and Vampires, then two more between Vampires and Merfolk and Spellcasters. It's like they've been almost begrudging with the releases of supernatural sims this time around and three out of the four that have been released as full, CAS-accessible lifestates have been ones that have been heavily romanticized or "sparklefied" in modern mainstream media. It's like they're too scared to frighten the little kidlings or for people who want a strict, "humans only" zone in their game to get mad at the presence of supernaturals to try anything that can't be hidden under the rug easily...but too lazy to put in an option that turns off the spawning of random supernatural townies so the boring peop--uh, realism players can have the Build/Buy items and other features of the packs without the weirdness (odd as it is, I've seen posts from realism players who bought the Vampire GP just for the Build/Buy stuff and then got upset about...you know...the Vampires existing). It's pretty lame.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Supernaturals aren't fun for me.
    in the game i prefer normal human sims to be honest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other
    Might be fun if they did them right. Vampires are better than prior attempts, but some key elements of classic form are missing and I highly doubt that turning a victim into another vamp includes the prospect chomping the turning vamp's wrist. Spell-caster (human/sim type) is not a life state, it's a profession/trade learned like any other - apprenticeship under an established mage involving lots of study and practice. The only way it would be is to be the sort of being EA avoids like the plague.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I'd say I play with supernaturals about a third of the time. They're interesting but I like normal sims too.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I just don’t “get it” with “supernaturals”. But I’m fine with them existing for those who are into that sort of thing - as long as they don’t impose upon my game.

The trouble is they do, and they have since launch. When one of my sims is at a community lot and it fills up with ghosts it breaks my immersion completely.
    That's understandable. I heard vampires have died down since spellcasters were introduced. But what I loved about the Sims 3 toggles is that the Sims 3 Supernatural you could toggle life states off which was great for storytelling even for us that like occults.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019

Killing never has been or will be in the sims. Yes we have ways to do this but not at direct hands of another sim, we can imagine it, but yeah... ok, if that's what was meant then that would be a different game entirely.
    Uh my Sims kill other Sims by lint fires, setting Ewwliza on fire with Spellcaster spells, freeze ray, and I have a torture basement in which Sims can kill and torture other Sims. Can easily lock Vlad outside and kill him too with your Sim's commands with the sun. So yes killing other Sims has been there since the Sims. I first became a Sims deviant in the first Sims using the rocket in the house which killed other Sims. I can repeat this with the fireworks that came with City Living. So depends how you play honestly, but yes been there since the beginning. Death is just as much apart of the Sims as life and occults are. >:) But yes there are mods to enhance it even more but I can't mention them here.

My murder attempt which sadly failed:
    09-19-19_1-07-24_AM.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I don’t typically play with them but I have fun when I do. One of my most favorite household was a duo of a genie and a plumbot in S3. I love vampires and spellcasters in S4. Other occult are rather forgettable imo
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I don't care.
    I usually just play with normal families but if some occults end up in my family tree, I won't be upset. Sometimes it's nice to have them there to spice things uå.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Uh my Sims kill other Sims by lint fires, setting Ewwliza on fire with Spellcaster spells, freeze ray, and I have a torture basement in which Sims can kill and torture other Sims. Can easily lock Vlad outside and kill him too with your Sim's commands with the sun. So yes killing other Sims has been there since the Sims. I first became a Sims deviant in the first Sims using the rocket in the house which killed other Sims. I can repeat this with the fireworks that came with City Living. So depends how you play honestly, but yes been there since the beginning. Death is just as much apart of the Sims as life and occults are. >:) But yes there are mods to enhance it even more but I can't mention them here.

My murder attempt which sadly failed:
    09-19-19_1-07-24_AM.png

Yes, but this is exactly what I meant, it's imagined that it's by the hand of another sim. Mods do the rest, if you use them. I am super guilty of killing a lot of sims... almost every build has a secret torture chamber... >:) but it's me doing it and imagining that the other sim on the lot did it. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    They are some of my favorite types of sims and really fun to play, especially spellcasters. I like the randomness and less realistic aspects in the game, which was why I loved Sims 2.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Supernaturals aren't fun for me.
    I'm a realism simmer.