Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Great Supernatural Debate

Comments

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Supernaturals are my favorite sims to play!
    I love supernatural Sims far more than I love normal Sims, but I also love family play more than I love supernatural Sims. For me, the best of both worlds would be to merge them and have a supernatural family.

Sadly, it seems unlikely that we will ever get that.

When they released vampires, I was in full hype mode as that pack was perfect. The small world fit the aesthetic. I mean, I did not need or desire twenty lots or five massive vampire families… I wanted them to be rare and have some degree of lore and character. Vladislaus Straud, Caleb, and Lilith Vatore were enough for me as a whole. However, I am your Warhammer type of guy and I love their take on vampires – all evil, undead, and not… well, not your average ‘Twilight era’ looking vampires. I knew we were not going to get vampires that could use necromancy or blood magic, but the pack as a whole was great and the system for them was good.

Vampires do not age and go against the family playstyle, so I understand why they focused on young adults.

My stance on Realm of Magic as a whole is pretty well-known. They left out kids and that means it is another occult for young adults…

Anyway, I only like two or three occults and we already have them in the game. I do hope they flesh out aliens more.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I love them! They are lots of fun!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I really love playing with Supernatural Sims! I don't do it all the time as I get bored easily and tend to switch ideas and storylines for my game, but when I do it's so much fun. Their existence doesn't break the immersion of my play style at all and I like the surprises they bring and the feeling of magic (pun intended) they add to my game.

The only Occult Sim type I don't often play with is Aliens, as I find their voices a bit annoying and I don't like their "powers" for some matter.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    Supernaturals have always been a part of the franchise, it irritates me when people say they should not be included as if you really dislike them just don’t buy the packs, if I hated celebrities but then bought get famous I wouldn’t complain that they infringed on my gameplay because what else would you expect? Also many supernatural players dislike normal gameplay but they don’t go on about abolishing realism like some regular players do as they realise the game isn’t all about only then and what they want. I personally don’t want cars but if enough people do then fair enough because I recognise that not everything is about me and if it bothered me that much I would avoid the pack which is always an option.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Other
    Supernaturals are ok, I don't play them often.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    They add a much needed bit of whimsy and quirkinesses that this game sorely lacks at times.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Supernaturals aren't fun for me.
    They add a much needed bit of whimsy and quirkinesses that this game sorely lacks at times.

My main sim is an astronaut with a rocket ship in his yard and his wife writes a series of children’s books about an anthropomorphic squirrel detective. That’s more than enough quirk and whimsy for me without occult content. :)
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    If there is a supernatural, I'll play it rather than a normal sim and I like them all so far. the only ones I'd change is aliens so they could do a bit more with their mind powers, but that's just me. I don't really like normal sims but they do tend to wander around so they are a good food source, source of target practice for my vampires and witches. As long as they don't come at my supes with laundry in my game it's all okay with me but I figure if the supernatural players have to have the *realism* in their game, then it should work the other way around too.
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Supernaturals have always been a part of the franchise, it irritates me when people say they should not be included as if you really dislike them just don’t buy the packs, if I hated celebrities but then bought get famous I wouldn’t complain that they infringed on my gameplay because what else would you expect? Also many supernatural players dislike normal gameplay but they don’t go on about abolishing realism like some regular players do as they realise the game isn’t all about only then and what they want. I personally don’t want cars but if enough people do then fair enough because I recognise that not everything is about me and if it bothered me that much I would avoid the pack which is always an option.

You can like a pack and still find the implementation intrusive and OTT. I love Get Famous, and it has lots of great content, but it's still pretty silly that Judith Ward shows up to my off-the-grid sims' yard sale every flipping day. Sometimes multiple times a day! Doesn't she have an assistant she could send? What is she even doing with all that honey?
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited October 2019
    Supernaturals - great
    Supernatural pack? - Awful

I do love occults but whenever someone calls them supernaturals i am forced to remember the trauma of ts3 supernatural and hiss
    TS4_737_GP04_OFFICIAL_TRAILER_LIFTS_09.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.628p.jpg

all in all though I feel that they need to get darker with the occults and maybe add beings that were not there yet for fun
    I don't really care for zombies because i never found walking corpses very interesting
    but anything else is warmly welcomed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I mostly like playing realistically, but there are some supernaturals I might want to play in a special save. I just wish we had the option to turn them on and off. I don't buy certain packs because of this (ROM??--Never!), but I would actually like to have the other items in the packs, like clothes and furniture.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I don't care.
    Supernatural Sims have always been gimmicky. They are hardly any different from regular Sims if you ask me. I rarely control any of my Sims and prefer watching them doing their own things. When left alone, supernatural Sims barely do anything different. So while I’m not opposed to playing them, I don’t care about them all that much.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Supernaturals are awful and shouldn't even be included.
    Camkat wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Supernaturals just are not fun for me I really have no desire to play them and the only aspect of making them fun for me is never implemented in Sims games. What's the point of vampires without a vampire hunter for me there is none give me Van Helsing or Buffy slaying vampires. Vampire enters community lot the lot becomes locked unable to leave it and I cant have a Sim do a thing about it such as a splash of holy water fight them or put a stake through the heart you know actual vampire content. Studying vampire lore should have been separated one for vampires to gain knowledge another for regular Sims who could learn to defeat them at this point they get garlic braids so fun, where's the gameplay?

Except that a regular sim CAN study vampire lore, level up and learn how to defeat vampires with garlic and even make the cure and then splash it on them and use it.
    I already know of the cure if that was something I cared about at all I would have mentioned it, curing a vampire should not be a thing. As I said I want the ability for normal Sims to be able to fight them stake them or chase them off and if I'm splashing them with anything it should be holy water not a cure. But obviously you missed me even mentioning the garlic which you listed off again of the 2 possible options which I totally understand as your attempt to defend the horrible job they did and the no game play normal Sims get with vampires oh boy I can cure them the "endless" game play that offers.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I do have a slayer in the Sims 4 - but he does not kill the Vamps - he will cure them but only if they constantly feed off of what I consider good humans in my game. My slayer will close his eyes to them going after evil or mean human sims though.

I make my Vamps just go after evil humans or drink their plasma drinks - but if they go after innocent humans then they will raise my Slayers ire and he will end their time as a Vamp and turn them into an innocent human.

Oddly every one seems to like my Vamp slayer - he has friends both Vamps and humans and gets along with every one. His girlfriend is a Vamp herself and she has never bitten him. It works in my game somehow.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Supernaturals are my go-to sims these days, exclusively vampires or spellcasters. It's nice to have them around for a while and actually be able to achieve something without them dying of old age when they're half-way there. :)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Other
    Honestly, I can take them or leave them. I do like having the option. I also do really like the spellcasters, what little bit I've played with them.

As for thinking they're a waste of resources, I would never say that about anything for this game. No matter what it is, someone will like it and want it, even if it's not catered towards my playstyle. The developers aren't making this game for just me, they're making it for millions of people, with different preferences. While I am a paying customer, so is everyone else. We all have that one thing that will make the game feel complete, and for many, that's occults. For others, it's realism.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    We still need Fairies, Genies & Werewolves
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Other
    I could go either way , with or without them. I will buy all the packs regardless just for the other stuff that's included . I will also dabble a bit with them to see what they're all about.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    also I think that the great balance is in having both realism and occult

playing with spellcaster is rather dull for me because its supposed to make sims lives easier when their lives are not hard to begin with so it makes me wish game was more realistic so it'd feel like the spells are more needed if it makes sense
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Supernaturals are awful but should be included because other simmers like them.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Supernaturals are fun.
    I’ve only just started playing more occult sims. I’m liking it so far!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't mind them in my game for one or two experiences but for the most part I don't want them. I want to be able to turn them off and on as I choose like in past games. In sims 2 or 3 (can't remember) we could go to options and choose which ones appeared in that save.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I love my supernaturals!!!
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2019
    Most of my CC is just to have more occult sims. In addition to what's in game, I've got sims who are satyrs, nagas, minotaurs, centaurs, driders, werewolves, anthros, fairies, robots, cyborgs, mediums, witches (sans RoM), angels, demons, gods and goddesses, (proper) plantsims and even pumpkin sims, and I've used the vampire CAS items to make more than a few zombies and other creepy sims. I replaced the Grim Reaper with Anubis out of boredom. Even my more "realistic" saves typically have a few vamps and aliens thrown in, I just can't help it, I'm obsessed!

EDIT: Grim 'nubis for anyone interested 😁

yO2TOaV.png
    y6PP4i3.png
    y7V7zKU.png
    PCaqFWW.png
    Dual-wielding like a BOSS

juYipWq.png
    sCAdXpp.png
    vQdjiAA.png
    Fq14XZl.png
    "Wait, why are you smiling, weren't you sad a minute ago? Whatever, 'nubis out!"

ejqRCcn.png
    Post edited by WaitWhatYT on
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hate them but I still think they should be included for those who love them.