Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your favorite hot and cold weather outfits!

I'm giving all the premades a slight makeover at the moment, and 🐸🐸🐸🐸, the hot and cold weather outfits really drive me nuts. For some reason, I'm unable to put together the right pieces of clothing. It takes forever, and I hate it. So, as you can tell, I'm in urgent need of some inspiration, hence this thread. Can't wait to steal see all your creations! ;)
Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I like "layering". Making it look like Sim just puts a jacket over their preferred outfit for cold weather or puts shorts on instead of pants for hot weather - that sort of things. Plus changing hats and shoes. Doesn't always work ofc. But here's some examples.
    RevqNZM.jpg
    v8YD0QF.jpg
    4IHg3Pj.jpg
    0tOw4Gs.jpg
    7fHaYW7.jpg
    s60JK7a.jpg

When I remake premades, I take their default look as a base (unless it's beyond horrible), and just change tops or bottoms according to the weather.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    Members of the Ferris-Jones-Maxton household as an example:
    (Default clothing on left, hot weather in the middle and cold weather on the right)

Abigail Ferris has a thing for Pink colors.
    1XWRU5k.png

Kevin Jones likes his old styled hat quite a bit and tries not to leave home without it, he typically wears naff looking brown clothes.
    2Q3tLm3.png

Samantha Maxton likes purple quite a bit, much like her daughter Abigail, she tries to match colors where possible even if her cold weather gear is a bit much.
    sxxp8qi.png
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Morkovka , your hot/cold outfits look great! And yeah, definitely agree with taking their main outfits as inspiration - whether it's colour, style, or something that might fit their personality. I tend not to layer precisely literally, but it's a really good approach to take!

@puderosasims , here are some of my outfits. From top, left to right: Caleb Vatore (three hot, four cold), Paolo Rocca (one each), Lilith Vatore (one hot, four cold), Johnny Zest (one each), Morgyn Ember (two cold), Miko Ojo (one each), Eva Capricciosa (one hot), Diego Lobo (one each he would wear Moschino and you know it), and Bella Goth (one each). For each character, I've tried to stick with their basic colour scheme, ie. black and red for Caleb, black and yellow for Lilith, pink for Miko, stuff like that. Personality is probably the biggest factor - Caleb likes d r a m a t i c (hello, giraffe-print fur-collared red frock coat for everyday!), Johnny's outfits are colourful and a bit eccentric, Miko has a very 'cute' style, Eva is flirty, Diego is very polished, Paolo is active and down-to-earth.

GF4QNO3.jpg

(Linked the full lookbooks so you can see how they all work together. I also have more premade looks here!)
    Post edited by ryttu3k on
  • Options
    Some random male outfits for hot/cold weather:
    McO6joJ.jpg
    Some more layering examples:
    Sulani toddler
    6MI0JCv.jpg
    Pirate/merman
    ygiY50b.jpg
    Elder
    afwGzZ3.jpg
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    hmm, guess i'll move on, seems like a private conversation going on.
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »
    hmm, guess i'll move on, seems like a private conversation going on.
    I'm doing what OP asked for and showing off my Sims (because who doesn't like doing it) in the process.
    I'm sure the OP will appreciate your contribution to their topic, not sure what else you are expecting, sorry.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I created a thread for hot and cold outfits when Seasons was about to be released. Maybe you can find some inspiration there.

Here are a couple of my sims. I don't usually like the jackets with half sleeves for cold wear but sometimes make an exception. There really isn't enough variety with proper jackets. You can always compensate with a warm looking hat and/or gloves. I think almost anything long sleeved can make a decent cold weather outfit especially as they will also use these clothes inside the house. Don't limit your creativity too much :)
    mL09F9I.jpg
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

These are some of my favourite outfits from each category with no cc. Although the beret in outfit #4 and the turtleneck in #5 are unfortunately career unlockables.

pDELI4e.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Oof. I honestly thought I replied to everyone and then completely forgot about this thread. I'm so, so sorry, I can be such a scatterbrained mess sometimes.

@Morkovka Your pictures are always so crisp and clear and a joy to look at! Also, your idea of layering really helped a lot. Choosing hot and cold outfits now seems less overwhelming, if that makes sense, and much easier. Thank you!

@Hoverael Your choice of colors is great! They really add to your sims' personality. :)

@ryttu3k Uhh, so many examples, and I love them all! I tend to overuse that one long CC scarf because it spices up pretty much every outfit. I even recolored it to have as many color options as possible. lol

@musteni Thank you for linking to your thread! Somehow I managed to miss it, unfortunately. (I hope you don't mind I made my own.) Your outfits look great, and your words have helped a lot! "Don't limit your creativity too much." If that isn't true… I'm really standing in my own way most of the time. :sweat_smile:

@Netzspannung Holy hammerhead, the color coordination is on point! Mismatched colors frustrate me to no end for some reason, so looking at your combinations is truly a bliss. A variation of #3 is actually worn by Leslie Holland in my game. :blush:

Thanks to all of you for showing your outfits. :) Your posts were definitely very inspiring! I'm going to share some of my own creations once I'm finished with my makeovers.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif