Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm now addicted to the gallery.

You know, I used to have an aversion for "other people's" stuff in my game (sims and lots) which is why I would always delete premades and re-do all EA's houses and lots by myself. But over the years it has become such an overwhelming task as the expansions keep piling on. So many lots to build - so many houses and community spaces I'll never have the time to make. I would need to spend days upon days just to do ONE medium-sized lot the way I want it.

So after 5 years I figured, what the heck, I'll download some stuff off the gallery - and WOW! There's so many cool builds and I can find lots of them which fit my style. A lot of them are much more beautiful than anything I can ever come up with - so they're very inspirational as well.

I have now filled up all my neighborhoods with amazing houses and lots and the worlds look so full and vibrant. Thank you Sims community <3

Comments

• Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    I 100% agree - S4 definitely makes it easier to make more interesting architecture yourself, but I am lacking in landscaping skills and most of my houses end up looking the same. I really enjoy having some incredible builds from other players in my towns, and I think the Gallery really adds a lot to the game and encourages more community :)
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I've always been a builder and have only downloaded a handful of lots since Sims 2, but I have tried to comment and like lots I've seen on there when I think about it. There's a lot of cool stuff.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't build so I almost always download lots. As for sims I mostly just play with the premades in game.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i love to sometimes browse on the gallery and just download all types of different lots and place them in my game! theres just so much amazing builds people do that dont get attention and i especially love downloading better versions of existing lots in the game cuz tbh most of the prebuild lots are empty
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    i love to sometimes browse on the gallery and just download all types of different lots and place them in my game! theres just so much amazing builds people do that dont get attention and i especially love downloading better versions of existing lots in the game cuz tbh most of the prebuild lots are empty

Oh yes I downloaded a TON of renovated lots and it really breathed new life into those stale community lots which I always avoided visiting.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    adamzaid wrote: »

Oh yes I downloaded a TON of renovated lots and it really breathed new life into those stale community lots which I always avoided visiting.

glad im not the only one :D the ea lots just look dead and for a time i almost never visited barely any lots in my game but now i always add a new different lots in my game each new save i start!
  • Options
    SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    The gallery is the most useful feature they have ever added to the sims. Im decent with building, but building everything yourself takes away from actually playing the game and I actually like live mode. So I will build but not just because im trying to avoid using stuff by others.

There will always be someone more talented/creative on the gallery :)
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I did things the opposite way from you, @jooxis. I used the gallery sims and builds at first but now I usually just make my own. I do agree, the gallery has tons of amazing sims and builds. It never ceases to amaze me how creative this community is. There are builds I never would have thought about doing. And the individual rooms are awesome as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I usually use the gallery for houses and other lots; but all my sims I had made.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I love the Gallery so much! I can't build very well but I always want to have strange and unique builds in my game and I've found that there are so many extraordinary creators out there that I can fill all of my maps with their amazing lots. I can't express my appreciation enough for all the builders and the ease of access to the Gallery. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I love downloading lots and sims from the gallery. Previously, I was wary about downloading things in Sims 3 from the gallery but now I love it.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The gallery is amazing! There are so many good builders that I follow. My favorite thing is when I can select to see just the lots from the builders I like. Great feature, like seeing all the quirky fun things.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2019
    The Gallery is probably TS4’s best feature. It’s just a shame that it makes discovery so difficult. Filters, sorting, and searching could all use some work.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Omg, I am exactly int he same boat. This thread was written for me :D
    I am redoing all my worlds for months now, but it.. is.. so.. tiring.. I just want to play already, but promised myself only when I am done.
    So, I decided to take some help from the gallery and even though I get pretty annoyed by the lack of features of the gallery and the outdated system of it, I got some amazing houses and sims from there as well.

I always wanted the game to bring me random, but logic sims and the gallery is actually great for this. i just download households and do not check their traits. Like this I still have a little surprise when I meet them and when i learn what their relationship status is. Besides that, wouldn't it be cool if the game actually generated new sims FROM the gallery instead of these weird blue haired, elderly short-wearing woman with the knee socks.. Right?! I would be happy with that. Say no more to weird sims!