Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am not feeling the Charm Family.

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    I don't like the blonde one (esp. her hairstyle), but I'm fine with the rest of them.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The best thing about them is their ears. In my game both females have editable pointy ears. Instant elves. I saved them to my bin and have used them as templates for both male and female, every skin color and every age available. The ears are passed down to kids.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,895 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    So, finally tweaked the Charm family where I like... most of them... now!

iR4cLAh.jpg

Still not happy with Darrel (his face is just... ??? Each seperate part is fine, but the way they work TOGETHER.), but I find they have more charm now.

Really love your makeover for them ... it gives them personality. Before they were kind of bland... more packs make a difference and a little tweaking.
    To me Darrel isn't bad the way he came other than that hair.

Great job. I haven't even visited this household yet so I'm moving it to the top of my to list.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited September 2019
    I needed that lot for its size and booted them without a second thought.
    I didn't even check them out. The house was bulldozed of course.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    I played around a bit in CAS with the appearance of Grace Anansi of the Amicable Acolytes household and she actually looks really good regardless of what skin tone is used. Blue was my favourite.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    @AHolyToilet The Sims 4 isn't really free of races or let's say cultures. We have hijabs and turbans in the game, just to name two of many examples. There are a lot of different facial features from all around the world in CAS, so that as many simmers (real people of different races and cultures) as possible feel represented.
    I get what you mean, and as I said myself, it's their game and they can do whatever they want. But, to get really petty for a moment: The sims we're talking about are premades, so I assume they were created by someone from Maxis. They actually do have little stories. Several, especially the ones from City Living, seem to have different cultural backgrounds. So I wonder: Why change that? Why not make your very own sim instead? Yes, again, their game, their rules. I know. But it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I can't help it.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2019
    @AHolyToilet The Sims 4 isn't really free of races or let's say cultures. We have hijabs and turbans in the game, just to name two of many examples. There are a lot of different facial features from all around the world in CAS, so that as many simmers (real people of different races and cultures) as possible feel represented.
    I get what you mean, and as I said myself, it's their game and they can do whatever they want. But, to get really petty for a moment: The sims we're talking about are premades, so I assume they were created by someone from Maxis. They actually do have little stories. Several, especially the ones from City Living, seem to have different cultural backgrounds. So I wonder: Why change that? Why not make your very own sim instead? Yes, again, their game, their rules. I know. But it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I can't help it.

By "specific culture", I meant only one and one only. I should've been more specific. No, it is clear that there are many that eumulate ones in real life. But I don't think people should be called out for wanting to change that when we clearly can. However, the bolded admits your reaction isn't logical, it's emotional. Since you've admitted that, I'll leave you be due to it being impossible to argue against emotion.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member

Well, if it makes you feel any better this whole thread was based solely on aesthetics. They didn't like the appearance of these particular sims so some are putting them through CAS trying to improve their appearance (and as a result their playability) according to their own sense of what looks good. When doing so many probably changed a lot - including skin color in their efforts. I agree with some of it. There ARE some very ugly sims in world of all kinds of races that could use a makeover.

But that's just it - ugly is up to debate. One persons ugly may be another person's beautiful. I think the Grace sim from the Amicable Acolytes household is beautiful just as she is but the way she is designed you can easily change her skin tone and she will still look good. Maybe the person that put the family to a lighter skin tone honestly felt it was an aesthetic improvement and were not racially motivated at all in that opinion.

However, I still think more effort should have been made if that's all they changed before uploading them to the gallery. I expect more from things there.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Honestly, I kind of like them. They are quirky and that's okay. I did take them into CAS to just tweak a hair style here and there, make a few heads a little smaller, lower some eyebrows and update a couple outfits. I'm not going to play them but they deserve the same attention I pay to my active households.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019

Many reasons. It’s easier to use fully formed sims, so to speak. I’ve turned white sims black, black sims asian, asian sims pink or blue (literally) because I think it suits them more, and because I find editing a nice looking or unique looking sim is easier than starting from scratch in CAS.

I feel sorry for those that see race in everything, because for one to assume another is racist because one assumes they think white skin is an ‘improvement’ is actually rather racist in itself if you think about it. One might think you think ALL white people think being white is an ‘improvement’ when nobody has said anything of the sort and that also, is a bit racist.

This really isn’t the place for this. It’s a game. If people want to change the sims colour, they can, and you can’t say anything about it no matter how much it bothers you, unfortunately. Not everything is about race. I literally have red/blue/green sims in my game. They’re just colours. Nothing more.

—T

• Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2019
    So I have actually played with this family and they have grown on me. I will admit to completely redressing them, changing their hair, and even tweaking their features a bit. I also replaced their house with lilsimsie’s version which is gorgeous. I do see potential in them — mine are all tending towards Mischief and Untamed magic.

I don’t intend to make them evil per se, but they will definitely cause trouble (rather like Samantha’s relatives from Bewitched). I am levelling them up to make them powerful rivals and potential foes for my main sims. Grace and Tomax will be friends and allies. They are going to be diabolically charming and mischievous so I can pretend they are wreaking havoc in the background.

Watch out for Minerva though as she (or something) seems to be bugged. I levelled her up to Virtuoso and then she started going backwards instead of advancing as her magic bar filled and refilled.

She fell back to Master and then when I tried to advance her in game with magic spells she fell even lower to Acolyte. Then I tried cheating her back up and she fell all the way back down to Apprentice, lower than either of her children. I couldn’t have that (as I have been using her to mentor them) so I panicked and exited without saving. I had to revert back to a save just after she became a Virtuoso and lost two days’ progress. Currently she is on a magic diet because I do not want her to advance too much and have the same problem all over again (which is a shame as she is powerful and her spells rarely fail).
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    As was pointed out this conversation isn't really appropriate for the forum, I've removed some posts from in here, let's keep it on topic please.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why is there all this hate for the Charm family. It seems to be mainly based on their appearance, so why all the image shaming? They're not "perfect" sims but I tend to make all my sims very pretty, so having a few average looking sims works for me.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why is there all this hate for the Charm family. It seems to be mainly based on their appearance, so why all the image shaming? They're not "perfect" sims but I tend to make all my sims very pretty, so having a few average looking sims works for me.

Yeah, I like them. They’re quirky.

—T
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Little update: Darrel in my game can't seem to get any female Sim pregnant. I left my game's MCC to do work and townies started having babies.. EXCEPT Darrel and Emilia Ernest (she married him and the game then changed it to Charm). I even spammed the try for baby interaction so many times yet Emilia was not pregnant.
    So I created some drama and got them divorced and then got him a younger bride (they had all aged to adults due to me playing this save for quite some time) and made them try for baby five times and still she was not pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top