Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    My Sims 4 game has very few bugs/glitches. I'm looking forward to seeing what other packs/kits will still be added to Sims 4 over the next few years before it's completely finished.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Unpopular Opinion.

I hate the body hair on Sims. Imo they looked a lot better without it!

That's why I still use bodyhair CC, and disable hair growth in game. Game bodyhair looks terrible and not realistic.
  • Options
    QueenRiaQueenRia Posts: 1 New Member
    Aliens should have had their own separate Expansion Pack. That way, they would have more interactions and stuff to do with them.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    QueenRia wrote: »
    Aliens should have had their own separate Expansion Pack. That way, they would have more interactions and stuff to do with them.

And their own world!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    When CC creators set up their models for their downloads, I really wish they’d consider going light on the CC that’s NOT the CC being offered for download. Half the time, I’m trying to assess if I want to download some jewelry or accessories, but can’t visually tell what’s going on because of the layers of skin overlays or other CC on the models. Maybe dial back the use of blush, freckles, skin and eye variations, and hair accessories on sims that are modeling necklaces, piercings and hats? I mean, if I can’t see the rings clearly because of the ginormous fingernails, I probably won’t be downloading.

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2022
    @cyncie 1000% agree! What gets me (the same with BB CC creators) is the overuse of other CC creators items in their screenshots, half the time think I'm getting the whole shebang when I see the ad pic, only to realize, it's the "windows" or the "lipstick", when what I really liked was the bed or the face shine.

I'm a BB CC creator and when I stage my rooms for ad pic screenshots, the only other items in my pics are either EA game items or other CC I created (which I link to where they can find it).
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    @cyncie @Chicklet453681 Something that I’ve mentioned before and sort of related to your comments, I wish more CAS cc creators would include identifiers in the thumbnail. Their name, the creations name or both. It makes it so much easier to credit them or to locate and remove if needed. Some are really good about doing that, others not so much. I would say it’s getting better but there is room for improvement. BB is less of a problem because of the item description and a lot of them have distinctive styles.
  • Options
    NeganTheSaviorUSNeganTheSaviorUS Posts: 6 New Member
    Reading a book while lying on a bed?
    The burglar ?
    Cuddling on the bed with your partner ?
    The vehicles to create your garage ?
    These are basics for me.
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited October 2022
    I hate TS4 adults. They looks so old and crusty. Not all people over the age of 40 or 50 look like they've been rode hard and tossed aside. The heavy wrinkles and bags under the eyes.

Although what else should I expect from a company with rank ageism. I'm looking at you elders who are all afraid of dying. They still haven't fixed that... one has to wonder why... why make sims so afraid of aging and dying and then not fixing it? I have my ideas.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't like large lots!

I'm in the process of creating a world save template and replacing all of the lots to something I would actually use and I just don't like lots over 20x30.

Maybe it's because I don't play with large families, but I always feel like they're just so so sooooo cluttered with useless stuff. (Now if we actually had truly functional multi-venue lots, then I would embrace large lots .... the bigger the better in that case!)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I'm curious why so many builders and Sims creators I see on Twitter are so heavy-handed with contrast. It looks awful in my opinion, way too dark and tough to see what the build or Sim would REALLY look like in the game. A minor picky thing perhaps, but it bugs me. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I'm curious why so many builders and Sims creators I see on Twitter are so heavy-handed with contrast. It looks awful in my opinion, way too dark and tough to see what the build or Sim would REALLY look like in the game. A minor picky thing perhaps, but it bugs me. *shrugs*

I ignore those lots or sims. If you feel the need to heavily edit your images? Then it's not something I want. I'm more than capable of building my own lots and/or sims but sometimes I like something different. If I can't even tell what the sim or lot looks like? I pass and go to someone who is more "vanilla".
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2022
    I hope when the Sims 5 does eventually come (regardless of whether that's soon or in years to come), we'll get more varied packs in the first few years.. I don't want to sit through 3 years of all the same packs again before getting anything new :s
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't want EA Apps. I'm still dreading that because it will bugger my Sims 4 game. :'(:# I still need Origin.
  • Options
    I also do not want the EA App. I hate Origin but it's a devil I know. I like devil's that I know over the unknown ones.
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    I think Vernon Morse is the most attractive guy in Sims 4.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

No, I hate it too. The build looks one way on Twitter or Tumblr then you get in your game and it’s completely different.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think Vernon Morse is the most attractive guy in Sims 4.

Wait…who?
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Vernon Morse was one of reasons I started playing the Sims 4.
    https://www.thesimswiki.com/wiki/Vernon_Morse
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I really don't care about a new gameplay in Sims 4. I prefer to make up my own gameplay to whatever household & timeline I'm playing. I only buy a new pack mostly for what CAS, Objects & Worlds could help my households.
    For example:
    I bought MWS for the beautiful Tartosa. <3
    I bought Werewolves for the obvious occult. :p
    I bought HSY for the many cool & beautiful build objects & CAS. ;)

I buy occults mostly for the build/buy, worlds, and CAS, and quite honestly I use quite a bit of the build buy and CAS from those packs too.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I really don't care about a new gameplay in Sims 4. I prefer to make up my own gameplay to whatever household & timeline I'm playing. I only buy a new pack mostly for what CAS, Objects & Worlds could help my households.
    For example:
    I bought MWS for the beautiful Tartosa. <3
    I bought Werewolves for the obvious occult. :p
    I bought HSY for the many cool & beautiful build objects & CAS. ;)

I'm there with you.

I get my 'gameplay' from Mods. I like Sims 4 for it being a 'tool' I can 'mess with'. If it wasn't moddable it could be the best game out there but I'd pass. It could have horrible gameplay but be moddable and I'd get it (I have Skyrim after all - which I find to have really messy controls and way too many flying horses).

I likewise look at the Packs for their CAS, worlds, and objects. I look at the gameplay for 'how is this going to mess up my mods'. ;)

Obviously I'm not a console player. I've owned maybe 2 consoles in my life. The last one being in the mid 1990s.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top