Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    This isn’t about the game, but I hate when people don’t finish their simlits. :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I really don't care for what's new first. I would rather have the 8 year old Base problems finally fixed & updated along with the 7 year old issues with Aliens & the 4 year old issues with Mermaids. It's so annoying that they are being neglected for what's shiny & new. :'(
  • kozardiikozardii Posts: 29 Member
    Most recent packs are all basically cashgrabs.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    I wouldn't count on them doing anything for men soon, even the male clothing pack was mostly stuff most men would not even want to be caught dead wearing and it took them a very very long time to even add a few body hair options. Never added much facial hair options either after release.
    While there's like 3490639036690690 options for each make up category.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Princesss wrote: »
    I'm not hugely into cars but would be nice if we could have them like they were in Sims 2 when you could do them up.

sims2ft-19.jpg

It would give my male Sims more fun things to do. 🙃

Yeah, I don't care for cars as a transportation item. I just see no point to it at all BUT if they had other function besides that... then I'd be more welcoming to the idea. It would be cool if your sim could become a mechanic and fix/tune up cars/motorcycles and such. People have wished for more "masculine" hobbies anyways.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I want a music pack where we get bands, instruments, musical careers and cool music clothing for male and female Sims. I thought it would be cool to have progressional bands and hobby bands like in the garage just having fun. So much potential for this... B)

I think that is a very popular opinion indeed! I want that too!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    TheCreator wrote: »
    I don't want cars they are overrated. I would rather have something more fun like fairies :)

I agree, but I know that some people like cars. Why can’t we have both?

Both would be ideal but given the choice between cars and another fun feature I'd definitely go with the other fun feature.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    kozardii wrote: »
    Most recent packs are all basically cashgrabs.

What exactly is a “cash grab?”
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited August 2022

Internet search.

The definition of a Cash Grab is usually when a product has little or zero quality has hastily, lazily, thrown together for the sole reason of making money. The product may also have no “heart” or “soul”, and has no reason to exist other than to make a quick buck.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    Internet search.

The definition of a Cash Grab is usually when a product has little or zero quality has hastily, lazily, thrown together for the sole reason of making money. The product may also have no “heart” or “soul”, and has no reason to exist other than to make a quick buck.

I’ve seen that term applied to every large company that sells a product, especially in entertainment. Apparently Disney is nothing but a cash grab. I feel the definition becomes meaningless when you apply it to everyone who makes a profit off of anything. I agree that The Sims bug problem is bad this year, but the packs all have value if the bugs are rectified. I classify that as a failure in quality control that needs a fix, but certainly not a “cash grab.”
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    Pretty much everything EA does is a cashgrab, it's their middle name pretty much.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Making money is the sole reason I show up to work. I guess I'm a sleazy cash-grabber.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I wouldn't buy a music pack.
  • MoorsVampMoorsVamp Posts: 5 New Member
    i only got into this game for the occults
    shame that its so expensive even with a 50% off sale i really wanted strangerville and paranormal too but i guess i'll have to wait
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2022
    Jade47 wrote: »
    I have a controversial one. I bought Cottage Living today and I hate it. The whole aesthetic feels fake and over the top to me. Its like a version of the UK but trapped in the 1940's.

This same statement could be made about the Island, Jungle, and Mountain packs / expansions.

They're all "made from the tourist brochure" and not very authentic.

One problem is that in 2022 - authentic means too many places would be too similar. The world is all becoming clones of the same basic corporate megastore, apartments and houses theme.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've seen some people ask for preteens but I don't really see the use in having em. But I do agree the sudden jump from child to teen is jarring.

An actual "teen" seems lacking in the game. The teens now, especially with the latest expansion - are actually adults. What with having BOTH romantic and sex preferences. As well as a new interaction that runs the WooHoo animation - the only difference between a teen and a young adult seems to be one comes with a built in career and one less trait.

Actual 'teens' would have only had a romantic preference and their 'mess around' animation would have been something clearly juvenile not needing censoring and not the WooHoo animation.

The new High School expansion had the opportunity to make a 'teen' living experience that was clearly not 'child' and also de-aged from 'adult' concepts like a sex-preference. But it went the other way around - which leaves them as a lifestage that seems lacking in distinction.

I would have preferred they look clearly a bit younger, and as noted, ONLY have a romance preference and NOT use the WooHoo animation. My 'High School' should not be full of sims that are clearly 18.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    MoorsVamp wrote: »
    i only got into this game for the occults
    shame that its so expensive even with a 50% off sale i really wanted strangerville and paranormal too but i guess i'll have to wait

Strangerville is okay andmaybe worth a playthrough, but it's a story that seems to always be the same in each play. You'd be better off getting Paranormal, unless you're specifically after junky looking items and the crystal crown- which is more of a helmet... or you want a stronger storyline built in. Although werewolves have junkier stuff than Strangerville.

If you're interested in occults, so far werewolves and vampires are the best. They come with lore and abilities. Spellcasters are okay, but they have little lore behind them and the spells don't seem to do much imo. Not to mention you learn the most powerful spell very early in game.
  • MoorsVampMoorsVamp Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > Strangerville is okay andmaybe worth a playthrough, but it's a story that seems to always be the same in each play. You'd be better off getting Paranormal, unless you're specifically after junky looking items and the crystal crown- which is more of a helmet... or you want a stronger storyline built in. Although werewolves have junkier stuff than Strangerville.
    >
    > If you're interested in occults, so far werewolves and vampires are the best. They come with lore and abilities. Spellcasters are okay, but they have little lore behind them and the spells don't seem to do much imo. Not to mention you learn the most powerful spell very early in game.

the story being linear doesnt bother me i played the sims 2 on my friends psp often and at the end of the day even with the illusion of choice the story ended up the same there assuming you wanted to complete the entire storyline. I probably will have to favor buying paranormal first though simply due to the price and i really want my current sims' household to be haunted.
    MoorsVamp wrote: »
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > Strangerville is okay andmaybe worth a playthrough, but it's a story that seems to always be the same in each play. You'd be better off getting Paranormal, unless you're specifically after junky looking items and the crystal crown- which is more of a helmet... or you want a stronger storyline built in. Although werewolves have junkier stuff than Strangerville.
    >
    > If you're interested in occults, so far werewolves and vampires are the best. They come with lore and abilities. Spellcasters are okay, but they have little lore behind them and the spells don't seem to do much imo. Not to mention you learn the most powerful spell very early in game.

the story being linear doesnt bother me i played the sims 2 on my friends psp often and at the end of the day even with the illusion of choice the story ended up the same there assuming you wanted to complete the entire storyline. I probably will have to favor buying paranormal first though simply due to the price and i really want my current sims' household to be haunted.

The haunted houses really are fun!
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Jade47 wrote: »
    I have a controversial one. I bought Cottage Living today and I hate it. The whole aesthetic feels fake and over the top to me. Its like a version of the UK but trapped in the 1940's.

This same statement could be made about the Island, Jungle, and Mountain packs / expansions.

They're all "made from the tourist brochure" and not very authentic.

One problem is that in 2022 - authentic means too many places would be too similar. The world is all becoming clones of the same basic corporate megastore, apartments and houses theme.

True, I guess the packs have to have a general appeal and be distinct enough from each other. To be honest my opinion on Cottage Living is up for revision. It's actually growing on me now I've altered it to my own taste.
  • Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    I would like to have preteens.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    I don't care much for the birds, foxes, or bunnies in CL. They're just annoying.

not sure why it would be unpopular to be annoyed by the foxes. they are a massive nuissance

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top