Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love Sims 4 the best version.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Vintage Glamour Stuff is a good pack.

I agree! The designs are very well done and I'm a sucker for Art Deco designs.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Even though I'm not American, I would prefer it if they created more American style worlds, for one I like the world's that complement each other in style (Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest for NOLA; Oasis Springs and StrangerVille for the Southwest; Evergreen Harbor and Glimmerbrook for the PNW), it allows for expansion, and is less jarring when something is out of place thematically. As such, I tend to have limited use for worlds such as Mt. Komerobi.

For example, Britechester is a British themed world clearly going for the Posh v Poly universities, some suggested maybe Manchester, however the world and maybe the Kebab Pizza are the only British things in the pack. The entire university system is American (GPAs, electives, expensive textbooks, professors instead of lecturers, the Spirit Squads etc), use of dorms instead of halls of residences, stuff like shared rooms, single beds, communal bathrooms, lack of kitchens are things in American dorms, and pretty much unheard of in the UK (New build student accommodation increasingly have private en suite bathrooms for each bedroom), while most students live in Houses of Multiple Occupation (a shared house leased to Multiple households, often taking over an entire neighbourhood adjacent to the university). And you are not going to get a professional sports career from university sports, as even at the top of the BUCs league, the only people who watch university sports are (some of) the players' girlfriends who probablydon't even want to be there, the professional clubs recruit, train and develop kids on their own, and start with teenagers. The school system isn't involved at all. All in all, the pack would have suited an American world better, Boston specifically, with Harvard and MIT themed universities. That way they could have gone the whole nine yards, and include Greek houses and other trappings from previous university packs.

I'd honestly like to see more worlds that expand on existing American world themes, like a bayou neighbourhood world or neighbourhood to make use of those pond crops, or another New England style world to complement Brindleton Bay. I understand and accept that representation matters, and people would like to see more of the world represented, and that the game is too American, but still, I do prefer and have better use for the American worlds.

Likewise, another related unpopular opinion is that I think Granite Falls and El Selvadorada should remain destination worlds, as their remoteness is an intrinsic part of their worlds. I don't know, maybe if we had a remote living kind of pack where sims could live in parts of the world that are remote and normal off lot services and jobs, like a Antarctic/underwater/lunar research base, or living a truly off the grid lifestyle. Plus it would sort of undermine Jungle Adventure's archeology system's (already easy) difficulty by making the temple as accessible as the Willow Creek library.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I want more woodsy suburban worlds à la TS1.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

If you remember, I made a joke about someone's pool on the Gallery. Turned out fine, the creator knew I was joking.

Anyways, I think this is a krappie pool, (or pools), but I love it!!! :D:p;)

"So that must have taken for EVER to make that pool!" *sarcasm*

"Nah, it was actually a..."

WW20whh.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I don't want the sims to look more realistic than they do now.

Me too.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I do not need Create-a-Style or the color wheel in TS4.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I do not need Create-a-Style or the color wheel in TS4.

I partially agree. While I don't NEED it, It'd be pretty cool.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    If you remember, I made a joke about someone's pool on the Gallery. Turned out fine, the creator knew I was joking.

Anyways, I think this is a krappie pool, (or pools), but I love it!!! :D:p;)

"So that must have taken for EVER to make that pool!" *sarcasm*

"Nah, it was actually a..."

WW20whh.png

The cake is a lie. I couldn't resist a Portal reference.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EnchantingdustEnchantingdust Posts: 157 Member
    [quote="LynnPlayz1;c-17965530"][quote="Enchantingdust;c-17965468"]I don't want the sims to look more realistic than they do now.[/quote]

Me too.[/quote]

You rock!!
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    No u 😄
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Scobre Huh, I always thought "the cake is a lie" was a cowplant reference.

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member

Ooof.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Yeah it is from Portal although the catchphrase does fit the cowplant extremely well too. I highly recommend anyone try the game if they like solving puzzles in a chill setting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVInBsib04M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCEb0vi3iY4
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mrtnsabmrtnsab Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2021
    I do not like the Get Together expansion pack.
    I've noticed it's a pretty popular pack among the community, but I really don't vibe with it. The world, the aesthetics, the build/buy items... Sometimes I do want the dance floor and DJ booth items, but that's all. I don't intend to ever buy it.
    Post edited by mrtnsab on
  • Options
    mrtnsab wrote: »
    I've noticed it's a pretty popular pack among the community, but I really don't vibe with it. The world, the aesthetics, the build/buy items... Sometimes I do want the dance floor and DJ booth items, but that's all. I don't intend to ever buy it.
    That's ok. I don't like City Living despite it being popular too. University has a much better apartment system and I find other packs represent Simmers better.
  • Options
    Strangerville_HeroStrangerville_Hero Posts: 18 Member
    I think that Get Famous and Strangerville are the best packs.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    mrtnsab wrote: »
    That's ok. I don't like City Living despite it being popular too. University has a much better apartment system and I find other packs represent Simmers better.

I agree on both fronts - Mostly.

I personally dislike parenthood. I have it and use parts of it, but a lot of the interactions (especially the godforsaken Make a Mess autonomous interaction) iare incredibly bothersome.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Burgulars should make a return and they should be able to break into businesses
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I want a pregnancy update rather then baby update.
    By pregnancy, I mean more pregnancy interactions. Baby showers, going to doctor (get to work) to see what gender the baby is (although it can sometimes be wrong), people calling you after the birth to congratulate you, the mom being able to feel of her stomach and maybe even sing to it, asking people for name recommendations. There’s so many possibilities and even if babies are just a bassinet it would make you more attached to them and make the grueling days of pregnancy more entertaining.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The SimGurus should leave social media, and just build the game. The official The Sims account can tweet out trailers and announcements, stop trying to please everyone every time because it’s watering down the game.

So much this! I get that having direct player feedback is useful, but when you start trying to please everyone, it becomes overwhelming not just for the gurus but also the fans as well.
    Honestly, I believe that the majority of TS4's problems (mostly the excessive nerf demands) started when the gurus became more active on social media.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2021
    The SimGurus should leave social media, and just build the game. The official The Sims account can tweet out trailers and announcements, stop trying to please everyone every time because it’s watering down the game.

So much this! I get that having direct player feedback is useful, but when you start trying to please everyone, it becomes overwhelming not just for the gurus but also the fans as well.
    Honestly, I believe that the majority of TS4's problems (mostly the excessive nerf demands) started when the gurus became more active on social media.

They can still do surveys here, and feedback threads like the one they just did - but yeah. Shut the Twitter feeds down except the official Sims account, turn off commenting on its tweet for everyone and just build the game. I’m tired of nerfed features, I’m tired of a lack of spontaneity and zero consequences, I’m tired of the humor being stripped out. If people don’t like the game they can go play something else. The Sims 4 is The Sims 4, not The Sims 1, 2, or 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top