Sul sul! How many baes is too many? The answer is NONE! Join @kelseydangerous on her journey of love as she attempts to maintain 100 romantic relationships.
Follow along on her road to love here!
September 17th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

unpopular opinions

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,898 Member
    We should be able to download custom content off of the gallery. I’m not sure if this is unpopular but I know there’s a common sentiment of ‘That’s good because then i can’t download bad CC’ but, as someone who only posts to the gallery as backups and recently lost ALL of my cc, it’d be so convenient.

Be careful what you wish for. *3 patches later* "Why do my sims have no eyes?" "Why are my counters floating?" "Why do all my beds have question marks all over them?" "What is with this evil doll?"

Yeah, while Maxis never seems to learn too many lessons, they learned that one from the Sims 3 very well.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 1
    Doing the roofs is my favorite task when building.
    My least favorite part would be bedrooms.
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,022 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Oprah is a shape shifter.

What? Why did you post this. This is irrelevant to the discussion and the forum

Sorry. I was having an off morning and was trying to be funny.
    QHGHUkw.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 949 Member

oh okay. im not mad, just was confused.

oh okay. im not mad, just was confused.

Yeah, I tend to have that effect on people without even trying. My apologies.

My unpopular opinion : Facial features in CAS seem somewhat limited. Not sure how I'd fix that, though.
    QHGHUkw.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 2,768 Member
    I don't get why Get Together gets hailed as one of the "best packs" because of the club system. Like sure it's useful, but it's a very small feature and it could very easily have just been in the base game in my opinion. The actual pack is probably one of the most lacking in the game, the world is one of the better ones but other than that there's literally nothing there it's just things that could've been base game.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,304 Member
    edited August 1
    I wish it were easier to create Sims with big noses and big nostrils. I always struggle.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,917 Member
    What's so good about canning?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 1,168 Member
    I like the idea of Create a World, but for someone like me it was far too technical and I had absolutely no idea how to use it. I liked the “create custom neighbourhood” option in Sims 2, where you selected a template and just added the lots.
    Sims 3 Families: Fairy Friends, Jenningses, Delaunays
    Sims 4 Families: Fosters/Matsumotos/van Beerses, Harper-Joneses/Bridges, Mastersons

Mastersons Thread: Magical Mastersons: A Ginger Spellcaster Family

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,027 Member
    Not sure if these are unpopular and I think some folks in this thread mentioned it but going to say my piece anyways

I feel like the interactions when it comes to family members and romantic partners feel robotic at times or just pretty awkward?

First note romantic interactions, I get the shy kiss for teen sims but it seems a bit odd for some of my adult sims (depending on their personalities) and I feel like there isn't enough different styled romantic interactions? (I do play with mods but would be nice if there was more base game stuff)

Second note family interactions, same deal with not enough interactions but I feel like a lot of animations feel kinda off? There isn't enough warmth? I'm glad that group cooking is a thing now and kids can do a bit more now but I feel like there isn't enough

Also one more note to drop in

I would rather see Sims 2 Create a Neighborhood more than Sims 3 Create a World if we were going to get some kind of world creation tool eventually (if ever), I grew up with Sims 2 more than Sims 3 and I think the TS2 Neighborhood creation tool would fit more nicely in TS4
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »

I HATE roofs. I'll try really hard and fail miserably to the point that sometimes I just put half walls all around the top and call it a day.
    The fact that it's your favorite task is insane (in a good way) lol.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 72 Member
    The eyeball ring. Why? Just why?

---

Someone up above (I think it was @TARDISgrade) had an insightful post about their disdain for vampires. I tend to agree. Bloodsucking ectoparasites. I do, however, leave them in my game to see how long before I can drive them away from freshly created sims. You know they will keep whatever you give them in their inventory, right? Hint hint garlic as a friendly gift.

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 465 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    The eyeball ring. Why? Just why?

The story of my life.
    hi, i'm milo. i like writing things in lowercase for some reason. my origin id is hymnofheroes, and my bestie is Gonnawin1111/V!
    Pixilated wrote: »

I HATE roofs. I'll try really hard and fail miserably to the point that sometimes I just put half walls all around the top and call it a day.

I used to hate doing roofs too, at least the conventional way. Most of my builds these days are unique but goofy shapes (go figure) so, I had to reinvent how I did them. Depending on the design, I now end up breaking the roof up into much smaller pieces. I had a 40-something piece roof on my latest 50x50 creation. It certainly doesn't look typical but, I like unique, modern and art deco styling so, I thought it complimented the build well. 😁
    I'm not an expert builder by any means but would say somewhere in the intermediate zone. I owe that to tips, tricks and videos I found online.
    Thanks to all you Sim rockstars! 😎
    QHGHUkw.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 4,493 Member
    Personally, realism play is so boring. Zzz...
    Occults & Sifi is so much better.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 212 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I'm an occult player and I don't have a persecution complex about it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited August 3

I used to hate doing roofs too, at least the conventional way. Most of my builds these days are unique but goofy shapes (go figure) so, I had to reinvent how I did them. Depending on the design, I now end up breaking the roof up into much smaller pieces. I had a 40-something piece roof on my latest 50x50 creation. It certainly doesn't look typical but, I like unique, modern and art deco styling so, I thought it complimented the build well. 😁
    I'm not an expert builder by any means but would say somewhere in the intermediate zone. I owe that to tips, tricks and videos I found online.

Looking on the bright side. It's much easier to do roofs than it used to be! (That's probably an unpopular opinion too I expect)! B)
  • PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member

"40-something piece roof" sounds terrifying. I'm now just starting to feel better about my 3-4 piece roofs, I can't imagine 40-something. Sounds incredible though. I might go watch some videos and see if I learn a thing or 2.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 19,302 Member
    edited August 9
    I want The Sims 4 to end after another GP and EP so I can focus on modding the game without patches breaking mods custom content.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    Many%20Faces%20of%20Olivia%202.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 761 Member
    I don’t care about the premades or “lore”.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 782 Member

Same here. In some games I care deeply about that sort of thing because they're primary driving factors for the reason those games exist. But this is not that kind of game.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,917 Member
    Cooking together is a waste of time.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 158 Member

Same :sweat_smile: the first thing I do when I start a new save is evict all premades and if any of them are prominent characters (e.g. the Goths, the Landgraabs, etc) I delete them too.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,394 Member
    None of the dlc is worth it at full price.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,626 Member
    It's a waste of time watching Sims 411 as it only includes one pack and the base game. I want to see it with all packs included.

No wonder they rely on us to find out the bugs.