Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hired Mixologist Just Stands Around and Enjoys the Party...

amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
This has been an issue for as long as I've played Sims 4 and it's sooooo annoying!

Does anyone else have the problem where you have your sims throw a house party and they hire a mixologist (a random one, not one of their friends), and the mixologist shows up super late and then just stands around watching TV or chatting and doesn't actually go to the bar or work?! This happens to at least ever other party I throw and it drives me crazy because there's nothing I can do about it. I've tried to research the problem and haven't found an answer yet. There's no interactions to assign the mixologist to the bar (there's only one on the property...) and there's no interactions to yell at them or tell them to get to work, OR to not pay them. Like, after I choose to hire them I'm just forced to pay them to stand around hanging out; even if I "dismiss" them they still get paid and continue to just hang out as they were. I never greet them or interreact with them in any way to give them the idea that this behavior is okay in the first place, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this.

To give some examples of exactly what I'm experiencing here, here's some photos of the most recent incident....

My friendly vampire, Caleb Vatore, decided to throw a house party on New Years Eve in the super cool basement of his new Tudor home in Windenburg. First, the Mixologist shows up precisely an hour and 38 minutes late. She makes her way down the basement stairs where the bar is and then proceeds to stop and watch TV instead. See below.

TScFI8d.jpg

As you can see here, there's ample space for the Mixologist to stand behind the bar, should she so deign to...

x7K2ZFi.jpg

As well as ample space for her to get to the bar...

nV3BjVy.jpg

I have no mods or cc installed. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

0IzRxZE.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    That's happened to me too, also without mods or cc. I always blamed it on Sims being easily distracted, but it would be nice if employees were the exception.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ShadowyIceShadowyIce Posts: 18 Member
    I've had this happen a few times and it's rather annoying. I don't have any mods either and I don't know what could be causing it. I have no idea how to fix it, so I've taken to just not hiring a mixologist and having one of my sims make the drinks. Sorry I couldn't help :/
  • Options
    @phantasmkiss I know right? I’ve even had it happen with autonomy off *sigh*

@ShadowyIce that’s ok, sometimes it’s just nice to share frustrations with others :(

If this is a bug, I wish they’d fix it. Otherwise, I wish we could have some interactions added in to allow us to reprimand the help (like you can with get to work jobs and businesses), or the option to negotiate pay/refuse to pay lousy employees. I also wish vampires had a mind control option for commanding someone to mix drinks.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowyIceShadowyIce Posts: 18 Member
    @amp107
    lol "I also wish vampires had a mind control option for commanding someone to mix drinks."

yeah, it would be nice to have options to interact with employees in a working basis and not just social. Like if they're working one of your sim's parties, there are special interactions like you suggested that affect how the hired help does their job.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    > @amp107 said:
    > This has been an issue for as long as I've played Sims 4 and it's sooooo annoying!
    >
    > Does anyone else have the problem where you have your sims throw a house party and they hire a mixologist (a random one, not one of their friends), and the mixologist shows up super late and then just stands around watching TV or chatting and doesn't actually go to the bar or work?! This happens to at least ever other party I throw and it drives me crazy because there's nothing I can do about it. I've tried to research the problem and haven't found an answer yet. There's no interactions to assign the mixologist to the bar (there's only one on the property...) and there's no interactions to yell at them or tell them to get to work, OR to not pay them. Like, after I choose to hire them I'm just forced to pay them to stand around hanging out; even if I "dismiss" them they still get paid and continue to just hang out as they were. I never greet them or interreact with them in any way to give them the idea that this behavior is okay in the first place, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this.
    >
    > To give some examples of exactly what I'm experiencing here, here's some photos of the most recent incident....
    >
    > My friendly vampire, Caleb Vatore, decided to throw a house party on New Years Eve in the super cool basement of his new Tudor home in Windenburg. First, the Mixologist shows up precisely an hour and 38 minutes late. She makes her way down the basement stairs where the bar is and then proceeds to stop and watch TV instead. See below.
    >
    >
    >
    > As you can see here, there's ample space for the Mixologist to stand behind the bar, should she so deign to...
    >
    >
    >
    > As well as ample space for her to get to the bar...
    >
    >
    >
    > I have no mods or cc installed. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

I have had the same problem, But with Nannies. They always are late, they watch TV while the toddler tears up books, AND they leave to go to parties! I have a few mods, most of which are bug fixes. -Doggers
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    An update!

She finally saw it fit to tend the bar about 30 minutes after the TV was shut off with only 1 hour left of the party. No one ordered from her at that point of course. smh

qWVpTJH.png

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    Unrelated to the help, here's another irritation of mine regarding this particular party. Caleb made a variety of party foods to please all his guests and their diverse diets including plasma fruit salad, vegetable dumplings, and cookies. And yet, what do all his human friends choose to eat?? The delicious vegetable dumplings? The scrumptious cookies?? NO. Of course not. They all went for the blood pudding. Ate it all up. Didn't even touch the human food. Weirdos...

xvsVNrx.jpg

lyjHxXq.png

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    In this case, is the New year's tradition countdown to midnight that's pretty aggressive, all the sims will stop to do what they are doing to watch the new year TV ... Anyway, I had mixologist do the same, so now when Caleb Vatore gives a party in my game, he's the mixologist.
  • Options
    AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    Oh jeez this happens all of the time! One of my characters in Sulani loves throwing house parties (she's an heiress and just living the good life) but sometimes the mixologists will start dancing and even once was hanging out by the bubble blower lol! My character is very care free so I couldn't even see her getting upset about it tbh but someone still has to make the juice drinks! ;)
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    This has happened to me too. And it's the same with caterers and musicians. Some aren't even showing up. 😩
  • Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Haven't had trouble with the mixologist but the caterers do that in my game. Just stood around in the kitchen area. I had to get the bride to make her own wedding cake. Musician didn't show up either.
  • Options
    @SiliClone ah that makes sense! What a bummer though that all NYE parties will be essentially juiceless unless the host steps in :(

@AmbyCakes oh my goodness! Sounds like your mixologists have been hoarding all the juice for themselves with that kind of behavior haha. Juiceless parties are no bueno.

@Bobisbae That’s so frustrating! I actually have never used caterers before surprisingly. I did hire Vlad Straud once to play the pipe organ and to be fair he played his undead heart out haha.

@Cellardweller forcing a bride to bake her own cake?! Now that’s just uncalled for.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had to stop having the bartender at weddings. They dont do their job and the wedding guests were more interested in watching the bartender do nothing than watch the newlyweds.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Every time. They come in late and only tend bar for a short time somewhere in the middle of the event.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like how most of the time when it comes to going out to a place that has a bartender (mixologist) they are usually there, but when it comes to us wanting to hire them the system gets unfun lots of times.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top