Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite room in the house to design or decorate?

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
What is it about this room that makes it fun for you to design?
Do you have any inside tips for doing this type of room?
If you answered "bedroom," is there a certain age group you most like setting up bedrooms for?
Screenshots welcome.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Favorite room in the house to design or decorate? 232 votes

Living Room/Den
15%
CK213tams2578Nh6650franka44021AlrynnshokoroseBloosmootegteg87yesme88nolurksekojranaFraTaccatitude5fiercephoenix91EvaliynWintermist_SWEjooxisKirbycatAbraKadabrabelpita 35 votes
Kitchen/Dining
36%
bshag4lvjwatsonaprilroseJBAG521HowGreatThouArtSikoahGraceTWSimGamer82Colorist40RainbowSimQueenMi9shaoscarjoelygirlsims2MeteoraStormMizz_Triceysimgirl1010WyrrenSxcDannii202Vulorimarcel21irishluck1986Lustianicia 84 votes
Bedroom
19%
vancanuckfan86Kita5399PlayerSinger2010StrangerthanelanorbretonCynnaMariefoxprice83alejandro15039BluelleMindofycatloverplayerphantasmkissLindsaySeddon1wormstache999annaliese39DoloresGreyryttu3kMarch306chidoriaidaSimtown15 45 votes
Office/Desk Area
6%
kippy300SimburianJnyxFelicity1169SavvySimmieOEII1001Teslachick2GrumpyGlowfishMelmackSimSweetyDaWaterRatNotAltWolfGeomangolangankeraaja 14 votes
Bathroom
3%
Bluefairy286keenowduhboy2u2Jultan3AngelEb95CementLyouflnLumikkaKimmer 9 votes
Laundry Room
2%
Bagoas77elelunicypapertongueSigzy05Gordy 5 votes
Other
17%
auroraael14Frn0731LaBlue0314BlkBarbiegalNRoweRepoLizzychicagodavina1221Flexono1SweetieWright_84fullspiralSindocatdrakharisChuChuExpressKathykinssillyangel0906SimsLovinLycanSo_MoneyEnkiSchmidtScobre 40 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Other
    Actually all the above would be my answer.
  • Options
    Kitchen/Dining
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Actually all the above would be my answer.

Haha, good answer!
  • Options
    Kitchen/Dining
    I like doing kitchens; I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I like all the kitchen clutter.

Tip: if you have a room with a different design on the lower and upper parts of the wall, like with wainscoting, put a shelf right where the 2 parts meet so that it looks like a natural ledge.
    d10ab27b6e527bd10df9423eb0bf96835beaa099.png

1fdfcd37547fa88c62fef399a6f41aab53caa117.png

The Vicar's cottage.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Bedroom
    This is a hard choice, but I went with bedroom. Living rooms are what you present to the world, but bedrooms are very personal and decorating them can kind of tell a story. Is the Sim neat, cluttered, or downright messy? Do their colors say vibrant and active, or quiet and introverted? What keepsakes are worth putting out instead of tucking in a drawer? Even a small, simple room can say a lot with a combination of posters over the bed. <3
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I chose kitchens, probably also because of all the cute clutter you can use for it. And I love making constructions with the differently shaped counters/islands and wall cabinets. Which is also the tip I'd like to give, switch auto-counters to off, so much more versatility.
    I also really like making kids/teens bedrooms, if you have the right packs, you can really make those rooms fit the sim's personality.

This is the most recent kitchen I furnished, it's in a large family cabin in Granite Falls:
    tumblr_pvannmLBXc1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Other
    Not technically “in” the house, but it’s patios and decks for me. Or just backyards in general.
  • Options
    Kitchen/Dining
    @MDianaSanders Your kitchen looks amazing! All of those cabins in Granite Falls really need a makeover.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Office/Desk Area
    I voted Office/Desk Area, but would like to extend that to working areas in general. Be it a library with desks and computers, an artist's studio, a music or archaeology room - to me, this is the kind of room that gives me the most freedom and the least annoyances. Second would be bathrooms and laundry rooms (which I often put together), they're quick and easy to do.

Everything else I hate because of how hard it is to find matching stuff, and not being able to colour different parts of single objects separately severely cuts down the options, especially bed frames and sheets rarely come in the combination I need. If not for that, I would love decorating bedrooms as well because of the aforementioned personalities you can express through them.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited July 2019
    Kitchen/Dining
    Living rooms because it’s a room to both show off to, and welcome visitors, and is a room that gets lots of traffic and good use. Kitchens for basically the same reason, and I’ve always considered it to be the heart of the home more so than living rooms. And bedrooms because they display the sims individual personalities, so that’s loads of fun. So it’s a tough call between living rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms, except with bedrooms, I don’t enjoy decorating toddler/kids rooms for some reason.

And like the above comment, I like working/misc rooms because of the creative freedom.

Can’t stand bathrooms, hallways, and landscaping.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    What is it about this room that makes it fun for you to design?
    Do you have any inside tips for doing this type of room?
    If you answered "bedroom," is there a certain age group you most like setting up bedrooms for?
    Screenshots welcome.

I chose 'other' because on different days I enjoy different rooms. I also really love landscaping.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Other
    I couldn't pick one, so:
    like: kitchens, bedrooms, office/workspaces, gardens
    don't like: bathrooms, living rooms

If I really had to pick one out of the ones I like, it'd probably be kitchens, unless I'm on a "ooh, greenhouses" kick lol
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Other
    To be honest I enjoy doing community lots best. Sometimes ( for my own game) I will take a lot someone else has made and design it for my own. Other times I will make a whole lot myself. I enjoy doing something a little different.
  • Options
    HoneyPieSugerPlumHoneyPieSugerPlum Posts: 43 Member
    Bedroom
    Bedrooms, so much personality is shown in one's bedroom. I prefer building a master bedroom and teens. Childs room I'm in a love-hate relationship with and toddler rooms irritate me but may because I find the toddlers annoying.
    I enjoy making a painters room as well.
    [/]Working Hard is Important, but there is something that matters more: Believing in your self.-Harry Potter HPOTP
    [/]Always Believe you can reach the star and you will
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2019
    Office/Desk Area
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    UZBOhh9.png

Croft Manor! <3 I thought the one I made with TS2 years ago was quite alright, but yours is awesome, and so detailed!
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Other
    When I'm renovating a house, I tend to take note of the space limitations. I don't have a favourite room that I like to renovate or design, as I equally enjoy designing each room.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Other
    I enjoy the kid(s)'s room(s) the most. While all the other rooms reflect the personality of their inhabitants, with children's rooms there can be so many different approaches: Was the child allowed to design everything? Or is it a mix of the adults' and the children's preferences? Especially with younger children their room probably starts out as their parents would like them to look, but gradually changes over time (easier on long lifespan or with aging off, I suppose). Is the room for a single child or do two or more kids have to find a compromise?
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    Love doing kitchens because in my personal home it is the central hub of activity. It's like that in my Sims homes too.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Living Room/Den
    I should have voted other.
    I do like my living spaces, but my homes tend to be open plan with the Living, dinning, and kitchen areas all open to each other, so I consider all three in the design.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    Living Room/Den
    I love building but I enjoy different rooms for different reasons. I love doing dens/living rooms because I like creating different types of built-ins with bookcases, fireplaces and TVs, I love kitchens, laundry and baths for the clutter - for all of the little touches. And I love outdoor spaces with lush gardens, ponds, fountains, paths and waterfalls
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Other
    It really depends on the house I'm building and the layout. Sometimes I decorate a house all in one day and other times it takes a few days to decorate a house because I just can decide on a layout. I love decorating in real life and really enjoy it in the sims because I don't have to spend my own money!
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2019
    Other
    idk it depends what I am in mood for or have idea for
    I make lots of small builds so there isn't really much separation what is what room

Not kitchens or bathrooms though I always just fit them in smallest corners like whatever :joy:
    always be max 9 square

maybe bedrooms? for teens and ya? or like theme rooms like ''music room'' or ''painting room'' or ''party room''?

as what comes to tips my only tip would really just be making everything as small as possible :joy:
    it makes playing easier and I have to use less clutter to make it feel homely
    + not being too realistic I guess is what makes it fun for me

some recent rooms:
    FeA3jBV.png

C4FYCrP.png

(trying to come up with some sort of collection room lately
    this is second try to make every collectible fit in but did not succeed)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Bedroom
    Bedrooms because I make them represent the personality and characteristics of the Sim(s) that sleep in there
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I always go all out on kitchens.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    That was a hard question though!