Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Dying?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Eduardvx123Eduardvx123 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    The game has been dead for years however it has been maintained by a small fanbase which im afraid is content with a very poorly designed game ( AI wise) , and hugely bugged in many ways.

They know that and thats why they are milking them releasing lots of dlc‘s and additional content
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks, I've removed a few posts from in here, I want to make it clear once again that everyone's opinion is welcome, whether it's negative or positive as long as it remains constructive and civil. Please cut it out with comments such as "the complainers don't matter" singling out a section of the community and saying they don't matter is inappropriate.

Let's keep it respectful in here.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    No
    Although I haven't sat down and played the game like I used to, I wouldn't say the game is "dying". It's heading in a slightly different direction than what the previous iterations have been (whether this is a good thing or bad thing is open for debate). I like the game, personally but taking a break from it and I'm currently in love with Skyrim (beautiful open worlds and adventure!). I just wish TS4 got back that "spark" that the other versions had.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    No

I love the rebrand. Everytime I turn my game on it looks even better. Sometimes it's hard to get used to knew things and ideas. Happens at work as they try to please and draw in new patients. Anyway, yes bugs need to be fixed. With the restaurant bug I have my sim take their food back and it makes me laugh although, I want the bug fixed. I just add it to my story in the meantime. Then there are the surveys EA ask about how much do you want the base game to be improved and how much youre into the different packs....I select 10 on all the above.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    Number of players? Maybe less than the previous iterations but it seems to do well.
    The purpose of the serie? Yeah...It's not the same Franchise anymore for me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    No
    I don't believe so. I know many simmers were extremely disappointed with the base game release. It was incredibly rushed and incomplete as EA wouldn't change the deadline for it's release, so we had an incomplete game. Many fans were disappointed and boycotted the game. But Maxis listened and added what should have been in the game in patches. Most simmers have got what they want in their base game now. Many of these simmers who I remember so well being so angry about TS4 are now loyal TS4 players again. Maxis also listened to what we wanted in SP's, GP's and EP's. Most of us are extremely happy with what we have now. I was really worried for the future of the sims when TS4 was released as so many loyal fans were so angry. I liked the game on release though I agreed that many things were missing, but I had a good feel about the game and what we has. My only wish is that when the next generation comes out, it is released fully complete. The backlash from TS4 was awful, but st least we have mostly got what we wanted now. TS4 is doing well in the charts and is extremely popular right now.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    No
    If it was they wouldn't be making as many packs as they are and doing the whole ugly rebranding thing.

Haven't been too happy with it lately though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Going to hop in once more folks and request that we cool it down with the discussion of LGBT Sims, the discussion is getting a bit too heated and personal for my liking.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    No
    Are people losing interest? Probably. Is the game dying? Far from it.

I feel that due to the better and varied choices gamers can play nowadays, there aren’t as many active simmers at one time or playing as much as usual. The game can be fun but it lacks a lot of depth.

I myself am back because of the “Build Your Bundle” feature. I can pay for the packs for what they are worth. I will never pay any of The Sims 4 packs full price like I've done for the past sequels. I just don’t think it’s worth it.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Yes
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright folks, I've removed a few posts from in here, I want to make it clear once again that everyone's opinion is welcome, whether it's negative or positive as long as it remains constructive and civil. Please cut it out with comments such as "the complainers don't matter" singling out a section of the community and saying they don't matter is inappropriate.

Let's keep it respectful in here.

I noticed my post where I was merely defending myself was deleted by you. I have not been disrespectful to anyone but only defended myself to another poster who, in my opinion, was being aggressive with their reply.
    I do agree with your point about everyone's opinions being welcome but I do also believe that a person should be able to defend themselves to others who do not agree.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    No
    Not for me. :) Anticipating several more years of fun content. Hopefully we'll see University soon and once that and Witches is released there should be lots of new fun themes introduced. <3
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I hope Paralifes does well. So that each game has competition. Competition is good for both games.
    I hope so too. I've been wanting competition for the Sims for years. But wow I saw video of the build tools and it looks amazing. Plus I've been quite impressed by what indie developers have made. Stardew Valley is probably the ideal game that I've seen made by an single developer, no DLC is added, just patches and it really focuses on a good story and gameplay over looks. Celeste is another game I was quite impressed with too although not quite in the same genre as Stardew Valley and the Sims. I've been having a lot of fun playing Farm Together too which has a lot of Sims aspects to it with having houses, farms, pets, and characters. I laughed when I saw they had bunk beds and birds before the Sims 4. Competition is great for businesses because it drives prices down and often makes better quality games. If anything I think Paralives might save the Sims from ending up like SimCity when City Skylines came out after SimCity died.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller