Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very happy with learning about the features (not the new look) coming with the update!

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Good Lord, it's already so easy to make money in this game. Adding those new features makes it even easier so that it even takes away the challenge of working your way up from nothing. I didn't know it was possible to make the game more boring but EAxis somehow managed to find a way. Smh....
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Except not everyone is playing out a story about a sim who is "just starting out" and 20K isn't realistic for that either @JoAnne65
    Which is why it’s great they added this cheat to CAS for people who want that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    So I learned that after the update, I will be able to create sims in CAS who start off at a certain career level and with more of a higher starting fund. As a strictly no cheats player that is amazing! Thank you!
    While totally understanding why that’s a great addition (I agree), it is cheating ;) It’s just cheating in CAS instead of the game, but it is a form of cheating. It just makes cheating easier, faster.

I think the line of whether or not it's cheating is very thin because there are no repercussions involved in using this system. Having a Sim that starts with more money should mean disadvantages elsewhere. Maybe they have a hard time keeping/managing money.

This is the same old problem with The Sims 4, though. New features are added to make the game, which is easy enough, even easier. There is no sense of game balancing within Maxis, it's almost as if they don't even view The Sims as a game which you play and should challenge you. The live mode devs have clearly left the building.
    There are people who consider playing a genie in Sims 3 a form of cheating, because they don’t have to cook their meals nor have to clean or shower. There’s truth in that (I love the genies, they’re my favourite life state). There are people who consider choosing steel bladder (LTR) cheating. There’s truth in that. It’s also the very first LTR I always choose (except when I want to play a homeless sim, because then having to go to the toilet is part of the fun).

I just fail to understand why typing ‘motherlode’ and get 50000 simoleons is considered cheating, and typing the very same amount in CAS is not. That’s all :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I always feel like I'm "cheating" when I use the talking toilet, because it fills so many needs. I love that thing!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2019
    Except not everyone is playing out a story about a sim who is "just starting out" and 20K isn't realistic for that either @JoAnne65
    Which is why it’s great they added this cheat to CAS for people who want that.

Okay, if you want to look at any form of money as a cheat then you have to start at anything over $0.00 being a form of a cheat. It doesnt begin at $50K . The $20K starting funds is more money than most people even in real life will ever have available to them all at one time. So for me, the $50k starting fund is no more of a "cheat" than the $20K starting funds @JoAnne65

Now moving on, Im glad that this is coming for players who want to play households that are more upper middle class.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Good Lord, it's already so easy to make money in this game. Adding those new features makes it even easier so that it even takes away the challenge of working your way up from nothing. I didn't know it was possible to make the game more boring but EAxis somehow managed to find a way. Smh....

This is an optional feauture. If you just want to be negative there are already plenty of threads for that. More control in CAS is something lots of players have been wanting. Not everyone has to play the game your way. Some of us want sims that appear to have had a life and a background when we start to play them, not a blank slate. Not sure why you're feeling so upset over something you dont have to use o:):| Wheres the scratching head emoji when you need one??? @ClarionOfJoy
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It’s not just the money by the way, it’s also a career level. It’s just making things easier for yourself. Which is FINE, I do it myself too. That’s not my point.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    It’s not just the money by the way, it’s also a career level. It’s just making things easier for yourself. Which is FINE, I do it myself too. That’s not my point.

Thats not how I see it , I see it as the sim being an established character , with a life going on . Not just a sim who was "created" but one who exists . And I like that , because it enhances the feeling of a story. I hope they continue to add this sort of thing @JoAnne65
  • Options

This is an optional feauture. If you just want to be negative there are already plenty of threads for that. More control in CAS is something lots of players have been wanting. Not everyone has to play the game your way. Some of us want sims that appear to have had a life and a background when we start to play them, not a blank slate. Not sure why you're feeling so upset over something you dont have to use o:):| Wheres the scratching head emoji when you need one??? @ClarionOfJoy

Why are you upset that I thought this was a dumb new feature? This is a forum where we're all free to express our joy or displeasure right? Am I stopping you from using this new option? Why are you taking this personally? Were you the one that came up with the idea?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Why are you upset that I thought this was a dumb new feature? This is a forum where we're all free to express our joy or displeasure right? Am I stopping you from using this new option? Why are you taking this personally? Were you the one that came up with the idea?

Words have actual meanings. So when you call something dumb, it should be for a legitimate reason. There is nothing at all remotely "dumb" about creating sims who have a background and skills. You being unhappy with it for some strange reason, doesn't make it a "dumb" feature at all @ClarionOfJoy
  • Options

Words have actual meanings. So when you call something dumb, it should be for a legitimate reason. There is nothing at all remotely "dumb" about creating sims who have a background and skills. You being unhappy with it for some strange reason, doesn't make it a "dumb" feature at all @ClarionOfJoy

I'm fine with you thinking that this feature is great and that you'll use it. But I have a right to think it's dumb too because this game is already so dumbed down that there are hardly any challenges in it. I would have much preferred if they used that time fixing the major problems of this game instead, because leveling up to the desired rank in a career is pretty easy to achieve in this game ourselves. We can't, however, fix the things in this game that only they can. And they never seem to want to do it and would rather distract us with new minor features.

• Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I am excited too! The release of the items is all kinds of awesome! I am most excited about the CAS and character generating changes! It reminds me of playing Ultima III as a kid and going through the questionnaire process before you start! I don't use cheats or mods either and this was something I was really excited to see!
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited July 2019
    it's a good feature for creating friends/love interests for your played sims. i usually go in and cheat them some skills and a career, now i won't have to. (i play legacy, so just one playable household.)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options

I'm fine with you thinking that this feature is great and that you'll use it. But I have a right to think it's dumb too because this game is already so dumbed down that there are hardly any challenges in it. I would have much preferred if they used that time fixing the major problems of this game instead, because leveling up to the desired rank in a career is pretty easy to achieve in this game ourselves. We can't, however, fix the things in this game that only they can. And they never seem to want to do it and would rather distract us with new minor features.

What im not fine with is you coming in here and throwing around words like "dumb" because you personally feel like you won't use a feature. But you will do what you will. Each patch comes with fixes anway , if you're so worried about that @ClarionOfJoy

This is a useful feature for a lot of people, who wanted more options in CAS. Not a "dumb" feature. Whether or not it interest you personally. Anyway , enough time has been wasted on this.
  • Options
    I am excited too! The release of the items is all kinds of awesome! I am most excited about the CAS and character generating changes! It reminds me of playing Ultima III as a kid and going through the questionnaire process before you start! I don't use cheats or mods either and this was something I was really excited to see!

Yes me too can't wait for the 16th! <3:)
  • Options
    it's a good feature for creating friends/love interests for your played sims. i usually go in and cheat them some skills and a career, now i won't have to. (i play legacy, so just one playable household.)

Yeah its a nice addition :) I didn't see anything about relationships
  • Options
    edited July 2019

What im not fine with is you coming in here and throwing around words like "dumb" because you personally feel like you won't use a feature. But you will do what you will. Each patch comes with fixes anway , if you're so worried about that @ClarionOfJoy

This is a useful feature for a lot of people, who wanted more options in CAS. Not a "dumb" feature. Whether or not it interest you personally. Anyway , enough time has been wasted on this.

Well, I'll put you on ignore then so you won't have to see my posts and get offended. I'm not happy with the patches either because they haven't fixed the ones that matter the most. As I have said, I'm glad that you can find a use for the new feature, but it IS a dumb feature to ME. I would much rather that they fix the problems of this game because I won't play the game as it is with so many problems. I'm a live game player and that's where all the problems are in this game.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019

No one is upset with your opinion. But you could have posted in any of the other threads, neutral or opposed, that exist across these boards since yesterday, rather than coming in specifically to poop on an optimistic and appreciative one. And yet, here we are.

Also, never has a username been more ironic.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »

No one is upset with your opinion. But you could have posted in any of the other threads, neutral or opposed, that exist across these boards since yesterday, rather than coming in specifically to poop on an optimistic and appreciative one. And yet, here we are.

I'm just posting about what I think about the new feature because I thought this thread is about that, whether opinion is good or opposed. It shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying and using it if that is their inclination so I'm pretty surprised that people are so sensitive about it. And EA should know about any negative impressions too, not just positive. They need to focus on what's important. Also people always poop on TS3 ALL THE TIME, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying and playing it. It also gives me a great opportunity to write about what I love about it.

I"m happy in general so it's a good username. The reason why I don't come across as such is because TS4 hasn't been up to the standards of past iterations and I want EA to know that in hopes that TS5 doesn't go down the same path. If you ever read my posts about TS3 however (and also TS2 and TS1 and some other The Sims spin-offs to a lesser degree) I'm very enthusiastic about the game and the features in it that makes me so happy.

I'm not out to destroy EA or TS4. I just really hope that they start addressing the bigger problems in the game instead of distracting us by adding minor features. Fixing those major problems would make the game more playable. People who gave up will be more likely to reinstall and buy other packs, and those who stayed away from it will likely try the game and then buy packs for it as well. Doesn't EAxis want that? It seem no one is considering the end results.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I think it's an interesting feature. I don't know if I'll use it a lot, but I do think it's kind of neat. And I don't see how it's "cheating", lol. People do know there are multiple ways to play Sims games, right?

I've actually wanted something similar, but a little more developed. Not the questions, but the ability to start off a Sim with a "points" system for a few skills and deeper personality quirks and a job/career in progress. It honestly doesn't make sense to me to create older Sims like Elders, yet they begin with zero life experience. Especially when combined in a household with younger Sims. Having an optional points system in CAS that coincides with each age group would further detail and differentiate the Sims as soon as they are put in the game. For players who like to set up their neighborhoods with many households but don't necessarily want to play all of them, this kind of system would at least allow for a little flavor without having to use cheats or go through the motions of playing it all out. Players could essentially create their own "townies" this way.

If anything, it's a step in the direction of a natural evolution of more choices for creating Sims in CAS. Why should every Sim created be a blank slate when it could be up to the player to decide?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think it's an interesting feature. I don't know if I'll use it a lot, but I do think it's kind of neat. And I don't see how it's "cheating", lol. People do know there are multiple ways to play Sims games, right?

I've actually wanted something similar, but a little more developed. Not the questions, but the ability to start off a Sim with a "points" system for a few skills and deeper personality quirks and a job/career in progress. It honestly doesn't make sense to me to create older Sims like Elders, yet they begin with zero life experience. Especially when combined in a household with younger Sims. Having an optional points system in CAS that coincides with each age group would further detail and differentiate the Sims as soon as they are put in the game. For players who like to set up their neighborhoods with many households but don't necessarily want to play all of them, this kind of system would at least allow for a little flavor without having to use cheats or go through the motions of playing it all out. Players could essentially create their own "townies" this way.

If anything, it's a step in the direction of a natural evolution of more choices for creating Sims in CAS. Why should every Sim created be a blank slate when it could be up to the player to decide?

I like it a lot can't wait
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Most definitely! I saw a post asking for something similar to this just a few short weeks ago <3:) Im looking forward to using it a lot. I just created a household with a young adult daughter who lives with her elderly father and her husband and together they live in a starter home. It would have been nice to use the quiz to give them a few skills and a little background info.
  • Options

I'm just posting about what I think about the new feature because I thought this thread is about that, whether opinion is good or opposed. It shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying and using it if that is their inclination so I'm pretty surprised that people are so sensitive about it. And EA should know about any negative impressions too, not just positive. They need to focus on what's important. Also people always poop on TS3 ALL THE TIME, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying and playing it. It also gives me a great opportunity to write about what I love about it.

I"m happy in general so it's a good username. The reason why I don't come across as such is because TS4 hasn't been up to the standards of past iterations and I want EA to know that in hopes that TS5 doesn't go down the same path. If you ever read my posts about TS3 however (and also TS2 and TS1 and some other The Sims spin-offs to a lesser degree) I'm very enthusiastic about the game and the features in it that makes me so happy.

I'm not out to destroy EA or TS4. I just really hope that they start addressing the bigger problems in the game instead of distracting us by adding minor features. Fixing those major problems would make the game more playable. People who gave up will be more likely to reinstall and buy other packs, and those who stayed away from it will likely try the game and then buy packs for it as well. Doesn't EAxis want that? It seem no one is considering the end results.

You disliking sims 4 shouldn't be a reason for you to detract from the new features that are added to the game, since you play it less and don't care for it anyhow, allow others to have positive threads about the new features that we DO care about and not call things dumb because it doesnt suit your gameplay style or whatever "standard" you have. Anyway, I would like to get my thread back on track :) This "minor" new feature is going to be used a lot in my game because i have BEEN wanting sims that start off on a better foot.
  • Options

I was thinking the same thing unironically :)

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Basically from what I can see, they just added the cheats into CAS? I don't see that it's different using these, than using the cheats they put in already.

I use cheats all the time because I want realism and diversity. Some of my Sims are born into money so I cheat to give them a lot, some of them are dirt poor so I use the Money cheat to remove their money. I like that with the Money cheat you can give them the exact amount you want them to have.

I think these new features are a lot of fun and I really like the idea of having them in CAS :)