Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani gameplay issues

A couple of issues others might want to be aware of.
(I've only played in the neighbourhood at the bottom of the map so far).

Firstly, I've noticed that if you want a sim to 'go here' on a patch of land relatively far away, sims will always swim or take a boat rather than walking along the shoreline.

Secondly, taking a dog for a walk (a short walk) which would normally take 2 to 2 1/2 hours takes over 6 hours.

I know about the lounge floaters issue. Are there any other gameplay issues others and myself should be aware of?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• Options
    NachoqtpieNachoqtpie Posts: 16 Member
    My Sim can't pick up trash. She will walk up to it, and then just.... doesn't pick it up? She's not a conservationist... does that matter?
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    ALL the seashells on the beach you can look for, are in one spot laying on top of each other.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    ALL the seashells on the beach you can look for, are in one spot laying on top of each other.

This ^ except I’ve been able to collect the most rare shells dozens of times, but am still missing a few commons. For example, I still haven’t found any variety of a scallop shell.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2019
    I noticed the dog walking issue and the shells too. Also, the routing for dog walking is a bit wonky too.

I've also noticed that water vehicles on community lots go missing when you visit the lot, which is weird since they're optional for beaches (that implies sims being able to use them). I actually filed a bug report for that one on AHQ.https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Water-vehicles-disappear-on-community-lots/m-p/7980970#M94957
    So for now, take your own boat/aqua zip.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Not sure if pack or lot specific but when my Sims went to the smaller beach lot in Sulani (sorry away from PC and can't remember the name..) on returning home I realised their aspirations had been wiped! So my sim who was only one book publication away from competing her aspiration was back down to 0! Same for the money earned on the fortune one.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Blueblossom2016Blueblossom2016 Posts: 2 New Member
    MY mermaids arent working (as they arent changing in water) could it be my mods effecting thisandif so how do i know..
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    My sim went deep sea diving and drowned. Not sure why, lol.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2019
    MY mermaids arent working (as they arent changing in water) could it be my mods effecting thisandif so how do i know..

Move your mod folder to your desktop and see if that fixes the issue. Also there is some kind of catche you need to delete after moving your mods. I forgot the name of it but someone else will know.
  • Options
    Blueblossom2016Blueblossom2016 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm now playing without mods and have been for a few hours. i've deleted the cache files and tried repairing the game aswell. Still nothing... It only seems to happen when my active household is human, when i play as a mermaid it works.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    My un played house holds and mermaids and merman born in game do not change to tails in the water and they swim like normal sims, so even when I get back to play the other house hold I still can't get them to be mermaids and merman in the water, rotation play messes them up
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I've noticed an excessive amount of vendors just standing around loitering on residential lots.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member

Move your mod folder to your desktop and see if that fixes the issue. Also there is some kind of catche you need to delete after moving your mods. I forgot the name of it but someone else will know.

localthumbcache is recommended to remove after installing or deleting mods. also, the file in 'cachestr',
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    My un played house holds and mermaids and merman born in game do not change to tails in the water and they swim like normal sims, so even when I get back to play the other house hold I still can't get them to be mermaids and merman in the water, rotation play messes them up

Have you unlocked merfolk within your game? My sims could not see any mermaids even with one of them dating Nalani and their relationship bars at maximum. She would always deny being a mermaid. I even had them swim together and Nalani still had legs in water. Finally I had my sim blow the “ordinary” conch shell in her presence and then ask her about the strange noises she made, and she admitted she was a mermaid at last. After that I started to see merfolk around in my game when playing with this household. I don’t know if that will apply to all other households in that save, though.
  • Options
    zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    > @Shae said:
    > I've noticed an excessive amount of vendors just standing around loitering on residential lots.

Yes I noticed this too!! and they just stand there the whole day. I wonder why
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Shae wrote: »
    I've noticed an excessive amount of vendors just standing around loitering on residential lots.
    I had that the other night. I saw them out there when I loaded up the game. Played for like a minute, but was so peeved I turned the game off. They weren’t there the next time I loaded it up. Not sure that helps... but it did happen in my game and it wasn’t as obnoxious as the other bugs that I’m having.

• Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Anyone else not getting notified anymore for the "extra food" event where Sulani residents bring extra food and you have to invite them in? The event would start as soon as they showed up on the lot with the event count down running. Now I don't even get that and I don't notice they are there until I get a notification that says "sorry we missed you".
  • Options
    NoiroNoiro Posts: 6 New Member
    I have an issue. Children of the Ocean cannot eat fish apparently (I am basing this off one of my sims with that trait eating a poke bowl, I could be wrong).

So those dolphins and whales (Krill and plankton, but cm on...) people seem to care about get a free pass?

Not necessarily a bug, but definitely a bad design idea.
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Shae wrote: »
    I had that the other night. I saw them out there when I loaded up the game. Played for like a minute, but was so peeved I turned the game off. They weren’t there the next time I loaded it up. Not sure that helps... but it did happen in my game and it wasn’t as obnoxious as the other bugs that I’m having.

If it's a bug, I hope they'll fix it in the next patch.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    DezCordero wrote: »
    My sim went deep sea diving and drowned. Not sure why, lol.

You have to breathe through your mouth from the tank and it's hard. I know I took scuba diving years ago. Refused to get certified, I have a phobia of fish.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This isn't a bug, but figured I should still say it because it's pretty important if you want mermaids to have a job. Do NOT make your mermaid a Marine Biologist if they choose the Conservationist Career, because the branch requires you to scuba dive (or snorkel, I can't remember) but whatever it is, mermaids can't do it. So make them an Environmentalist Manager instead.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Not sure if patch or Sulani but umbrellas are acting up. My sims often get stuck opening umbrellas all the time I stesd of walking, swimming or whatever.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Not sure if patch or Sulani but umbrellas are acting up. My sims often get stuck opening umbrellas all the time I stesd of walking, swimming or whatever.

I have noticed the umbrellas breaking, as if the wind was that strong to cause it to turn inside out, so to speak. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have noticed that sims can randomly walk through your house if they want to get to the ocean.

If I give the key to someone so they can access the house, they do not seem to come and visit you during the day, for me they sometimes come and visit me during the evening, or during a festival so I have no idea they are even there.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes I had a massive problem with NPCs waltzing through the house all the time, no matter what I did to keep them out. They ignored locked doors and managed to get in anyway. It was the Sapphire Shores lot where it was excessive, but changing it to Private Dwelling has kept them at a distance. It was ridiculous! They were on my pool loungers, trying to sail off on my aquazip and canoe too.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sims putting dirty dishes in weird locations that they can’t possibly go.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641