Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani gameplay issues

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've been having issues with one household owning a boat.

1) townies will randomly steal the boat and sail around in it. Wish we could call the police and report it as theft.
    2) sims in my household will sometimes go to work via sailing in the boat. WHY?! just walk out your front door like normal!
    3) deleting the boat in build buy caused it to be deleted and the cost of it returned to household funds, only for the boat to then reappear back where it was.
    4) the boat changed colour frequently by itself.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    UGH! More than three hours to go before we find out if any of these gameplay issues will be fixed in today's update. The rude neighbors waltzing in and out of my Sim homes at all hours would be a good one to fix. And the dishwashing one. My lots are always littered with dirty dishes I have to hunt down. Too many idle vendors. Thefts are at an all-time high in Sulani. Boats and floaties are always disappearing. Food taken from fridges by 'friendly' neighbors, bed hogging by Islanders that had a little too much kava then pass out and stay until the next day but manage to hit up the fridge again before they leave, sea shells spawning on top of one another, snorkel masks are now the 'in' accessory for every NPC in the world, mysterious fires around the various fire pits that naturally no Sim can route to and extinguish, lava bombs some Sims can't route to, weird animations popping up while walking the dogs, dog walking is apparently now a marathon event that takes up to six hours to complete, the best lots in the world are glitched, Sims and toddlers walking around with various items glued to their hands and need to be reset, a new lot trait that needs workarounds and mods in order to use, restaurants are glitched again with food thieves running around and snatching plates of food, musical chairs seems a lot worse than I remember it used to be. Yeah, there is a lot to fix. And all of these glitches happen in a vanilla game. It doesn't matter if I play with or without mods and CC, the bugs are always there. Since I am using a couple of newer mods to fix some of these issues I am kinda hoping they include fixes for the console players and put off the ones needed for us on PCs. I will put off installing any new updates or patches for a bit anyway just so I don't have to install the new rebranding stuff. I would like to wait and see what fixes the modding community is able to put out there first. But if they end up adding to the features in Island Living in the update...I don't know what I'll do.
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    This is what I have experienced (I do not use mods in my game)

- Mermaids walking on water in mermaid form
    - Sims walking on water
    - Sims swimming as if they were mermaids
    - The new "extra food" event where sims come bring you their extra food; you cannot invite them inside/the event doesn't start
    - NPCs constantly coming into the house without prior greeting/meeting them, and they bug and stay for days (Leaving the lot usually fixes this)
    - Sims getting stuck outside in a thunderstorm and will not go back inside until debugged (This has only happened in this world for me)

I'm sure there is more but this is what has happened in my game recently.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    edited July 2019
    The only issue I have encountered so far are annoying neighbors who randomly walk into the house and act like they live there even though my sims has never met them (they take food, use the computer, watch tv, ...). Extremely annoying.

Also, problem on all of the public lots and not just Sulani, why does my sim have to pay 100 simoleons for someone to work at the food stalls? I placed one on the beach and sure, my sim family can't get food without paying 100 simoleons first.

Edit: now I think of it, I've had a mermaid who left the pool and hopped around on her tail until I had her take a bath (she came back out with legs thank God).
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It seems to be so hard to tell what is a bug and what is caused by so much cc and mods. It seems so many have CC and Mods.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

1) townies will randomly steal the boat and sail around in it. Wish we could call the police and report it as theft.
    2) sims in my household will sometimes go to work via sailing in the boat. WHY?! just walk out your front door like normal!
    3) deleting the boat in build buy caused it to be deleted and the cost of it returned to household funds, only for the boat to then reappear back where it was.

Hm. Time to call the Exorcist! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    It seems to be so hard to tell what is a bug and what is caused by so much cc and mods. It seems so many have CC and Mods.

I have two mods and both were updated before I returned them to my game. One piece of cc and I played without my mods folder until the mods I use were ready.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I was experiencing issues with strange sims wandering into the house and using my stuff when I had no mods or CC installed.

I just patched, there wasn't very many things fixed with the rebrand update unfortunately.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I was experiencing issues with strange sims wandering into the house and using my stuff when I had no mods or CC installed.

I just patched, there wasn't very many things fixed with the rebrand update unfortunately.

Very annoying. :/
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I have never seen not even 1 child or teen running around or at the beaches. Now I did delete all the original sims and thought maybe that was the reason, so I started a new game did not delete any sims and played as is. went to the beaches, but no children or teens showed up then either. Also most of the sims that showed up were not playable sims. I only saw Nigata, and Kahanaui, Have never seen HOAPILI in my game anywhere. I think that is strange. It kind of bothers me a little. I had to send my teen to the house I put two teen girls in, to see what one he liked the best. I don't think he would ever meet them in the game if I didn't.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have never seen not even 1 child or teen running around or at the beaches. Now I did delete all the original sims and thought maybe that was the reason, so I started a new game did not delete any sims and played as is. went to the beaches, but no children or teens showed up then either. Also most of the sims that showed up were not playable sims. I only saw Nigata, and Kahanaui, Have never seen HOAPILI in my game anywhere. I think that is strange. It kind of bothers me a little. I had to send my teen to the house I put two teen girls in, to see what one he liked the best. I don't think he would ever meet them in the game if I didn't.

Since Sulani don't let non Sulani townies "come over" to the original lots unless they're member of a club and there are very few premade Sulani kids, it can take awhile for the game to generate kids. Especially since the only two community lot types are beaches and a bar, and kids don't spawn at bars...

Basically hang around beaches long enough and the game starts generating kids.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Just thought of something that's an actual bug, instead of this.
    This isn't a bug, but figured I should still say it because it's pretty important if you want mermaids to have a job. Do NOT make your mermaid a Marine Biologist if they choose the Conservationist Career, because the branch requires you to scuba dive (or snorkel, I can't remember) but whatever it is, mermaids can't do it. So make them an Environmentalist Manager instead.

Towels aren't working! I buy em, I place em, and it's just empty space. If I click on that space I have all the options available, but the towel itself is INVISIBLE.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Sorry, but this is so hilarious to read. Each person seems to have various things going on. I see a lot of kids and teens around, but I do have several in every household except two in Sulani. I'm happy I never see Sims from other worlds because they would look out of place.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Just thought of something that's an actual bug, instead of this.
    This isn't a bug, but figured I should still say it because it's pretty important if you want mermaids to have a job. Do NOT make your mermaid a Marine Biologist if they choose the Conservationist Career, because the branch requires you to scuba dive (or snorkel, I can't remember) but whatever it is, mermaids can't do it. So make them an Environmentalist Manager instead.

Towels aren't working! I buy em, I place em, and it's just empty space. If I click on that space I have all the options available, but the towel itself is INVISIBLE.

Towels work like terrain paint I've noticed. If you have ground that overrides paint, like those transparent floor tiles, the towels disappear when putting them down.
  • Options

Since Sulani don't let non Sulani townies "come over" to the original lots unless they're member of a club and there are very few premade Sulani kids, it can take awhile for the game to generate kids. Especially since the only two community lot types are beaches and a bar, and kids don't spawn at bars...

@Beardedgeek My Island Living, has about 8 kids that I put in new families homes on the Island. I put my playable sims as Young Adults into a house on Island Living, when they became Adults, my sim got pregnant. They had a baby boy, he grew into a child, and is now a teen, I have never seen any of the kids or teens I put in the game. How long would you say I would have to play, My couple went from YA to A and had a baby, and my sim baby is now a teen and have never seen another kid. Unless I would visit their house.
  • Options

@Beardedgeek My Island Living, has about 8 kids that I put in new families homes on the Island. I put my playable sims as Young Adults into a house on Island Living, when they became Adults, my sim got pregnant. They had a baby boy, he grew into a child, and is now a teen, I have never seen any of the kids or teens I put in the game. How long would you say I would have to play, My couple went from YA to A and had a baby, and my sim baby is now a teen and have never seen another kid. Unless I would visit their house.

I saw my first toddler on a beach yesterday and I have played IL since release day.
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Sorry, but this is so hilarious to read. Each person seems to have various things going on. I see a lot of kids and teens around, but I do have several in every household except two in Sulani. I'm happy I never see Sims from other worlds because they would look out of place.

That's interesting that you don't see Sims from other neighborhoods. My Sim was just invited 'out' to a bar for a particular night. Not sure if it was Bear Night or one of the others, but when they arrived, they were in Sulani. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Seashells never deshawn on beaches new ones just get added, so you can stumble over stacks with 10 or more seashells in one spot, quickly earning over 1000 simolions.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    The family I moved to Sulani has three dogs. 6 hours each for a short walk each. 4.5 if my sims run. My sims can’t keep up with demand for daily walks. The vendors walk into my residential homes all the time. Swagger on in and out. On the posh beach, if I place a a floater and a beach supplies vending machine, id I try to use the machine and those floating freeze which leds everyone else to freeze. Community boats go missing while I’m on the lot but when I leave it looks like they are back..,

Lovely world, hope the next patch addressed some of the issues faced.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I noticed yesterday that the fishing spots around Mua Pel'am do not count for fishing aspiration part that ask Sims to fish at 3 different fishing spots. Fish from a boat at sea does not count either. I see fish and I thought the bigger more valuable fish were in deep water. Also, fish caught in fish traps do not count for the aspiration either. And finally, I can see fish in the trap but it says check back later. I got one fish once from 1 trap and after 5 Sims days nothing. The fishing aspiration seems broken in Sulani or just in my game? What about the fish traps? I do not use cc and only use one mod that I can't name here that starts with a M. I already took it out, deleted caches, cleared origin caches and repaired the game.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    cloud-gazing under water:
    xZx8rmE.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Wow, that's a new one. I knew the dogs will sometimes disappear into the water but this is the first time I have seen Sims lying underwater and apparently it's okay as long as they remember to come up for air! What a silly glitch.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @AnnLee87 - there's a bug report for fishing locations not being counted; have you me-too'd it yet? :smile:

I didn't see a bug-report for the fish-trap problem, which I've seen others talk about here. If it is a bug, it'd get addressed sooner if someone files a bug-report over there at answers.ea.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Wow, that's a new one. I knew the dogs will sometimes disappear into the water but this is the first time I have seen Sims lying underwater and apparently it's okay as long as they remember to come up for air! What a silly glitch.

@Paigeisin5 nah, they don't need air, ;-) they were under water for at least two SIM hours completely not bothered.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

The only real issue is not being able to clean up these little yellow patches. I repaired the game and then it allowed me to clean up just two. Danny has tried and tried. Funny how different bugs exist for different Simmers.

It just won't clean up.
    nw1ew.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue