Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many packs do you own in Sims 4?

I have been curious and I just don't want to feel alone. I pre ordered Island life and realized I have been pre ordering almost every pack in Sims 4. I think I may be an addict lol!
I own all seven expansion packs as well as the upcoming Island Life, which makes eight, Seven game packs and fourteen stuff packs, Oh and two free stuff packs. That totals 31 including Island Life.

How many packs do you own in Sims 4? 176 votes

Are you kidding? All of them and I pre order too!
41%
Akl500Psimjenn2004bshag4lvOneAdorkableGirlIceyJdreamergrl84rudolphaapplefeather2Montrase102mcruddIsb917SimburianBloosmooStrangerthanThunderbat87happysimmer2007Moon_WillowJesskiluthienrisingNivyx 73 votes
I eventually buy all of them
42%
CK213caleeJeanIcewolfLaBlue0314HowGreatThouArtMi9shaoscarkeekee53Cherryrose_xMagdaleenaGothicKing13robyngravesJestTruscoedsimfriend1968loubylouloualanmichael1AngelluluNezImanimeetkitty123 74 votes
Only packs that are on sale
7%
MartinvlisamwittAnmirlawamayeliBriel24FroilElenPinkTechbiltJemmaTheSimmerAmandèleIyasenuRouensimsSimmerGeorgeAddie_387 14 votes
A few that interest me
7%
BreeSashajennihopedreamprisonerTomatplanteMirkaKaroliinacitysimmerhermioniaTomasGrizzlyahandle101netney52LittleNightmaresimpkeelvndrAmiranne 14 votes
I play base game only
0%
Xtpsims 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I and currently update date with all the expansions (pre-ordered Island Living) and Game Packs now. I am just missing a few stuff packs and might eventually get them to complete the collection.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I guess this is the closest option for me. But there are currently two that I don't own and have no interest in buying - Toddler Stuff and MFPS. I don't even think I would want them if they were being given away for free
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Sadly i am a completionist and have been since TS1. Even if its something im not all that interested in i know i will still buy it because The Sims.
    Hello my name is PlumDiddy and i am an addict👋
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2019
    except MFPS I couldn't even spend 5 dollars on that and feel comfortable last time it was on sale. Many expansions I have waited for sales as well. But I usually end up getting them all as the option says
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    ...well, with some exceptions. I don't plan to buy Strangerville, MFPS, LP and PP, because I don't think they are worth it, but I have everything else (mostly bought on sale, eb games used to bundle two sps and a gp which was great value).
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I eventually buy all of them but I will never get My First Pet and the Magic pack.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited June 2019
    This is me mostly. Usually I pre-order right away. (Preordered Island Living as soon as it was available to pre-order), but if something comes up, I might have to wait sometimes, if it's due to a financial reason. However, when Fitness Stuff came out (I wasn't able to afford it, even though it was only 10 dollars. Rough times... I believe I was moving and money was tight..) but even when I was able to get it, I ended up putting it off because I felt like the base game was live-streamed and had focused a lot on gym's and all that and I just wasn't interested in more objects that I already had a bit of in-game. So I put that pack off..

Then My First Pet Stuff came out.. and while I really liked the round fish tank coffee table and the hamsters, I just didn't feel like those two items were worth 10 dollars. Every thing else (almost everything else) was basically a recolor of Cats and Dog items... and that was a bit of a slap in the face. But just my opinion on that..

However, now that both Fitness Stuff and My First Pet Stuff went on sale a few times, I did eventually end up getting them, but that was only here recently. I'm glad to be caught up though, because having those icons grayed out was slightly getting to me. Lol. I'm a Sims Addict, whose most definitely not in denial. ;p. It's the only game I care to purchase really and it's the only game that I have the most played hours in among some other games that I do play.

@PlumDiddy : Hello, PlumDiddy, welcome to Simmers Anonymous; <3 :P
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    All but two and I probably won't ever buy them. Fitness stuff and my first pet stuff.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2019
    Lots of people buy the whole collection.

It depends on the game (not just sims) whether or not I will wait for a sale but I have 0 control when it comes to Sims. Sometimes I can't always afford it right away. Somebody once called me a "mindless EA zombie" because I pre-order and buy everything Sims. I am impatient about Sims but that's no reason to call someone brainless.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I own them all and get them as close to release as possible. I really only pre-order when there are perks lol.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    A few that interest me
    I think I have about ten packs.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have everything now. Yesterday, I finished my collection with Strangerville on sale and pre-ordered Island Living. I may have bought Get Famous on sale(can't remember but thought I bought one on sale besides Strangerville), but usually buy them all as they come out. Can't remember how many were pre-orders.

I wasn't crazy about Strangerville at all, but there is usually furniture, clothes, hair, interactions, traits, aspirations, jobs, items that do specific things that make a pack worth buying even if you don't care for it. I haven't had time to try it out, but probably will next week.

The M... whatever stuff pack that is coming, I just don't know about. I'm not into funky clothes that much, so I hope they have plain colors as well and something worth the buy. The job coming with it is an interesting concept, because the idea of a stuff pack having more is very exciting to me.

The magic GP, I will buy. I'm not into witches ect.; just couldn't get into it, but I'm hoping the clothes, hair, furniture, POTION SHOP(I really want), potions to make my sim life easier/faster, interactions, traits, aspirations, jobs, and special items will make it well worth it. I'm hoping the neighborhood, clothes, and furniture have a goth look. I really want the secret door, pictures that change, and magic mirror. Maybe some extra actions for the cat(for those that have pets).
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have all of them except Strangerville.
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Only packs that are on sale
    I only own the first five expansion packs (bought only when they were on sale). One of these days I'll try and buy the stuff and game packs (hopefully when they're 50% off...), though Island Living(?) really interests me, but not enough to spend $40 on it.
  • Options
    Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I finally bought my first pet stuff tonight and I will be getting Island Living on Friday so have them all.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I have about 60% of them. I won't buy a pack if I don't like it or have no use for it and there are a few like that.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    @PlumDiddy : Hello, PlumDiddy, welcome to Simmers Anonymous; <3 :P

lol thank you, thank you. Happy to be here 😂😂
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Thanks everyone. I am glad I am not the only completionist here. This is the only game I own where I feel the need to have everything. MFPS is my least favorite. I am not sure what my favorite pack is, but probably Strangerville since it is still newish for me. I wish we had a case solved option though for when we start a new game.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I have everything except for Island Living. I get everything eventually and pre-order when I can, but this month money is short with my boyfriend's birthday around the corner, so I'll probably wait and get it next month.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    After I had a break from the game for a couple of years after it released. But when I started to play again two years ago I bought the packs that had released for sale. And when I got up to speed I’ve bought all the newest packs on release day :D:)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Lots of people buy the whole collection.

It depends on the game (not just sims) whether or not I will wait for a sale but I have 0 control when it comes to Sims. Sometimes I can't always afford it right away. Somebody once called me a "mindless EA zombie" because I pre-order and buy everything Sims. I am impatient about Sims but that's no reason to call someone brainless.

I think some people just cant accept that others like things and are passionate about them :)

I like Sims 4 a lot and I will buy every pack. Each one adds something :)<3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i usually buy them as soon as they come out, even if i'm not playing the game at the time. like i recently stopped playing for several months because of school and stuff but i still bought get famous, strangerville, and seasons. it was really nice to come back to so much new content. i don't preorder though cause i don't see the point in that.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    A few that interest me
    I used to buy them all, but since My first pet stuff, I only buy the ones that interest me. Which is usually anything but stuff packs.
  • Options
    ShortyBooShortyBoo Posts: 160 Member
    I have most of them. I think I only don't have a few of the stuff packs. For the Sims 1, 2 and 3, I bought every single pack just for completion's sake. With Sims 4, I decided that I would only buy the packs that interest me. I have every expansion and game pack and all but 4 stuff packs. And I preordered Island Living.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I own all expansions and game packs, but I only have about half of the stuff packs. I will probably get the remaining ones eventually, probably on sale, but I don't miss them too much.
    giphy.gif