Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Help Please

Could somebody please tell me how to get a rug at this angle? simserasera has this picture on SimsVIP on an article The Sims 4: Upgrading your Starter Home (Bedroom Basics). Doing a normal right clicking it doesn't look like that. Here is a picture of the rug:

03-20-19_9-19-51-PM_zpsigyyvwtc.png

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Have you tried holding the Alt key while rotating it? It helps it rotate at smaller intervals than normal. Also, if you've sized it down, you may want to make sure move objects are on so it will actually place.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    Thanks for replaying, but, holding Alt doesn't seem to do anything. Gotta be something extra she did to get it at that angle, but, I don't know how she did that. Just holding down Alt while rotating didn't do anything.
  • Options
    Could it possibly be a glitch or something? Sometimes my C key stops working in game, and I have to exit and reload the game. Also, my cheat window doesn't work too well in windowed mode. Maybe try exiting the game completely, reloading, and then see if Alt works?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Nope, no glitch. I figured out which keys to hold down. Thanks for your help though.
  • Options
    Not the Alt key? Anyway, glad you figured it out. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sims 3 camera mode, hold down shift, ctrl & alt while holding down the left mouse button to rotate. I've downloaded other rooms & houses where the rugs & furniture were rotated that way, but, I finally thought I'm going to figure out how they did that.
  • Options
    Huh! I only use the Sims 3 camera, never knew that. Learn something new every day. I just use the Alt key.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Hmm, I never knew about this one! I’m working on a couple of lots at the moment so this’ll definitely come in handy. Thanks for sharing!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€